Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Need help, Gevey Sim and FaceTime

  1. #1
    Default Need help, Gevey Sim and FaceTime
    I have an iPhone4 4.2.1 firmware 03.10.01, I just got my Gevey Sim and everything seems to be working fine. I am with T-Mobile and I was just wondering if there is an instructions on how to get FaceTime to work.

  2. #2
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

    You may need to use something like mitime to enable it.

  3. #3
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,213
    Thanks
    3,931
    Thanked 10,212 Times in 6,215 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You may need to use something like mitime to enable it.
    Been trying to figure this out too. Seaching mitime in Cydia comes up with nada, any other suggestions.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Yeah you need to add the repo, I just activated my facetime with mitime today, it costs $8 which I think is worth it. (Using T-mobile on iPhone 4 w/ ultrasn0w) It tells me its activated, going to try it out later. I Don't see why using a gevey sim won't work too.
    Last edited by Diddyo; 03-31-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddyo View Post
    Yeah you need to add the repo, I just activated my facetime with mitime today, it costs $8 which I think is worth it. (Using T-mobile on iPhone 4 w/ ultrasn0w) It tells me its activated, going to try it out later. I Don't see why using a gevey sim won't work too.
    Won't the quality suck because it's on edge? Instead of 3G? When I use tango the quality kinda sucks n is laggy when I'm on edge but on wifi it's top notch..

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Yeah I will only be able to use it in wifi hotspots and at home.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I used mitime and it works like a charm

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    I used mitime and it works like a charm
    +1 I think it's worth the 7 bucks.

  10. #10
    That gevey sim thing is SO illegal, its not funny. in the USA, 112 (911) calls you back.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dnyank1 View Post
    That gevey sim thing is SO illegal, its not funny. in the USA, 112 (911) calls you back.
    You're not ordering a pizza...
    If the 911 operator calls you back, you didn't follow the protocol and hang up right away... If someone connects, they should be arrested for stupidity...

    There's a lot of us that are grateful GEVY and Rebel Sim, eliminated the "baseband unlock monopoly"
    ...with testimonials of EMERGENCY's that were AVOIDED, because people had a FUNCTIONING PHONE!

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simonsezwut For This Useful Post:

    itsrubennn (04-09-2011), jess127 (04-15-2011), Macmac80210 (05-18-2011)

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonsezwut View Post
    You're not ordering a pizza...
    If the 911 operator calls you back, you didn't follow the protocol and hang up right away... If someone connects, they should be arrested for stupidity...

    There's a lot of us that are grateful GEVY and Rebel Sim, eliminated the "baseband unlock monopoly"
    ...with testimonials of EMERGENCY's that were AVOIDED, because people had a FUNCTIONING PHONE!
    Uh, no. The 911 (or 112) call sends A-GPS coordinates with it, in the usa, 911 sends help to that coordinate regardless if there is a completed call or not. and it's wrong to abuse 911, im all for jailbreaking and unlocking, but when it gets to the point where someone in trouble can't connect to 911 because you were too stupid to not upgrade your baseband, theres something wrong.

  14. #13
    Default Gevy Sim Legal in US?
    Quote Originally Posted by dnyank1 View Post
    Uh, no. The 911 (or 112) call sends A-GPS coordinates with it, in the usa, 911 sends help to that coordinate regardless if there is a completed call or not. and it's wrong to abuse 911, im all for jailbreaking and unlocking, but when it gets to the point where someone in trouble can't connect to 911 because you were too stupid to not upgrade your baseband, theres something wrong.
    Debatable...

    Other than evoking MuscleNerd's Twitter proclamation, there seems to be no evidence of prosecutions, Cease and Desist orders for manufacturing or distribution, or victims neglected as a result of re-routed emergency calls.

    To date, there appears to be no US legislative ruling whatsoever.

    112 is not an emergency number in the United States and the use of a "Turbo Sim" or any technology that circumvents manufactured locked devices in the United States is not criminalized. After a submission to the US Librarian of Congress concerned respect to Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) exemptions and Stanford law professor Jennifer Granick specifically stated that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does not prohibit handset locking. However, an exemption introduced on November 27, 2006 specifically permits it. The exemption was scheduled to expire on October 27, 2009, but was extended on an interim basis, because the Register of Copyrights had not yet completed its triennial review of DMCA exemptions. In July 2010, the Librarian of Congress extended the DMCA exemption for another 3 years. Both the use of the number 112 which is not part of the North American Numbering Plan and any technology locking and or unlocking that is used to phone, is not illegal in any aspect in the United States of America.

    Quote Originally Posted by aijay View Post
    I have an iPhone4 4.2.1 firmware 03.10.01, I just got my Gevey Sim and everything seems to be working fine. I am with T-Mobile and I was just wondering if there is an instructions on how to get FaceTime to work.
    Success: Gevy Sim on iPhone 4, 4.2.1 (8C148), Jailbroken with GP, BB 02.10.04, carrier: T-Mobile.
    The trick is to not do anything that requires rebooting your device.
    My steps were as follows:
    1. Enable FaceTime in Settings
    2. Install MiddleWhat from Cydia
    3. Install Claro D.R. from Pushfix
    4. Use Voice Control to access a contact with FaceTime
    5. FaceTime is now activated
    Any questions?
    Last edited by Simonsezwut; 04-13-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simonsezwut For This Useful Post:

    chessyang (10-14-2011), lilricedude (04-15-2011)

  16. #14
    I bought push fix 2.0 from cydia and also purchased mitime, and downloaded facebreak, and face time mod.. Works like a charm, and it's good to know that face time is activated unofficial carrier such as tmobile..

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to CELSiiOR_DRiiVEN For This Useful Post:

    Simonsezwut (04-16-2011)

  18. #15
    Developer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Go here made one I my self use gevey sim card with tmobile usa finally got FaceTime to work
    U should send me that money instead of payin for the app ) lol I just like helping out

    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...tethering.html

    U dont need mitime by the way completely free
    Last edited by Bby Scroopy; 04-13-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonsezwut View Post

    Other than evoking MuscleNerd's Twitter proclamation, there seems to be no evidence of prosecutions, Cease and Desist orders for manufacturing or distribution, or victims neglected as a result of re-routed emergency calls.

    To date, there appears to be no US legislative ruling whatsoever.

    112 is not an emergency number in the United States and the use of a "Turbo Sim" or any technology that circumvents manufactured locked devices in the United States is not criminalized. After a submission to the US Librarian of Congress concerned respect to Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) exemptions and Stanford law professor Jennifer Granick specifically stated that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does not prohibit handset locking. However, an exemption introduced on November 27, 2006 specifically permits it. The exemption was scheduled to expire on October 27, 2009, but was extended on an interim basis, because the Register of Copyrights had not yet completed its triennial review of DMCA exemptions. In July 2010, the Librarian of Congress extended the DMCA exemption for another 3 years. Both the use of the number 112 which is not part of the North American Numbering Plan and any technology locking and or unlocking that is used to phone, is not illegal in any aspect in the United States of America.
    dnyank1 = pwned.

  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bby Scroopy View Post
    Go here made one I my self use gevey sim card with tmobile usa finally got FaceTime to work
    U should send me that money instead of payin for the app ) lol I just like helping out

    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/75...tethering.html

    U dont need mitime by the way completely free
    This is free...and less steps.

    1. Enable FaceTime in Settings
    2. Install MiddleWhat from Cydia
    3. Install Claro D.R. from Pushfix
    4. Use Voice Control to access a contact with FaceTime
    5. FaceTime is now activated

  21. #18
    just use Tango...same thing and in the appstore.

  22. #19
    Green Apple ctangg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    i can confirm bbyScroopy's .deb works and does activate facetime

  23. #20
    Hi, I have the same problem. Bought an iphone 4 (4.3.3) in Canada locked to bell and used gevey to unlock it for use on ROGERS provider. I tried mitime but it doesnt check if its compatible. Its really quite a hassel please help. I read about push fix on twitter having an overide file. can anyone tell me how to get this or get this working please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •