Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked Signal problem

Default iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked Signal problem
    Ok so here let me start from the beginning. I got an iPhone 4 brand new factory unlocked using on tmobile. It was working perfectly but the I realized that the mic next to the cam wasn't working. So I went to the apple store they gave me a new iPhone and the guy at the apple store said he unlocked it for me. We tried activating it at the apple store it did not work it said invalid sim or something. So I went home all mad that I got an unusable phone. I tried activating it on my pc at home and it worked. So later on I realized that I lost signal randomly for 4-9 sec at the most. I would get mad cause I would want to text but it would be gone and I would have to wait 10 sec for it to work again.

Solution:

I have fixed it by taping my sim card. Heres another post i put up iPhone 4 Signal loss problem
    Last edited by genardas; 05-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.

i have 3g on il try with 3g off and il see how it is

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Yup, you need 3G off when on tmobile since their 3G signal is not compatible with the iPhone.

i turned off 3g and in about an hour it goes to searching...... then no service and i have to reboot to get signal back. When I have 3G on the signal goes to searching.... at random times in the day and the signal comes back in 10 seconds

idk whats wrong would upgrading to 4.3 help?
    also could it be a hardware problem
    Last edited by genardas; 03-12-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Also a question. Since i had a factory unlocked iphone 4 straight from the box unlocked. What does it mean if they unlocked it at the apple store. Does it make a diffrence cause on my first iphone 4 ( the one with mic problems i never lost signal but now i do after i got a new one that they said they unlocked for me at the store?)and i lose signal on that 1 constantly

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

It shouldn't make a difference. Factory unlocked/official unlock are the same.

O ok. Idk got any suggestions on what I should I do?

Didnt really change on 4.3. Still lose service about 7 times a day but whatever. Idk if you find anything that might help tell me but as for now looks like im going to have to deal with it.

Thanks anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would just take it back to Apple. It shouldn't be doing that. They should either fix the problem or replace the phone again. It is afterall factory unlocked.

I actually did bring it back b4. This was after it was replaced for the second time. And the guy that helped me last time said since he unlocked it that " broke the warranty unless I get an AT&T or use someone else's. He said since it is unlocked it would not change if they replaced the phone again. They said the same problem will happen. Also they said the problem could be with my sim. Since I cut it too small. So I went to tmobile said I cut my sim too small and asked them for a new one . Activated it etc. And the problem persisted.so idk I could bring in cause what the guy told me is a bunch of bs. ATM the phone seems to be ok but then when I don't expect it or want to use it searching.... And it all starts over again. I'm going to give it a week. If it keeps
    Happening Im going to go to the apple store again and use your advice.

Seems like karma..... Lol
    Last edited by genardas; 03-14-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks

That's stupid. How is it being factory unlocked causing it to lose service? You sure he gave you a factory unlocked one back?

I went there told him my mic problem. He gave me a whole new iphone. We tried activating at the store it didnt work. Btw tmobile sim. I went home it activated. Ive restored it about 4 times and it always activates with the tmobile sim. I went back there due to the signal problem and he said that he unlocked the phone. Idk in what way he ment and I really didnt have any questions at that time so i didnt really ask him. Im not sure if he gave me an unlocked on or he took an at&t and unlocked it. But the phone i got right out of the box the one with the mic problem it never lost service and also when that when activated it said "Congratulations, your iPhone 4 has been unlocked!" when i activated it with itunes. The second one i got did not do that and it loses service. The thing is that if i go to apple theyl just say they wont replace it because it is unlocked and they do not support tmobile. *** situation but its always worth the trip to the store to see whats going on

I wish they just made the iphone for all carriers.You just go to the store pay $250 dollars and pick your carrier gsm or the verizon one and just have a great phone. But apple has to be g@y and provide only for 2 carriers.
    But then again wishes dont come true according to apple
    Last edited by genardas; 03-14-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

I don't see why they would refuse service to a factory unlocked. It sounds like it is factory unlocked since you restored multiple times and could activate with your SIM.

The only thing I can think of is to take it back to Apple bc if restores don't fix it, nothing more you can do.

Yeah I will. Whenever I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by genardas View Post
    I went there told him my mic problem. He gave me a whole new iphone. We tried activating at the store it didnt work. Btw tmobile sim. I went home it activated. Ive restored it about 4 times and it always activates with the tmobile sim. I went back there due to the signal problem and he said that he unlocked the phone. Idk in what way he ment and I really didnt have any questions at that time so i didnt really ask him. Im not sure if he gave me an unlocked on or he took an at&t and unlocked it. But the phone i got right out of the box the one with the mic problem it never lost service and also when that when activated it said "Congratulations, your iPhone 4 has been unlocked!" when i activated it with itunes. The second one i got did not do that and it loses service. The thing is that if i go to apple theyl just say they wont replace it because it is unlocked and they do not support tmobile. *** situation but its always worth the trip to the store to see whats going on

I wish they just made the iphone for all carriers.You just go to the store pay $250 dollars and pick your carrier gsm or the verizon one and just have a great phone. But apple has to be g@y and provide only for 2 carriers.
    But then again wishes dont come true according to apple
    Do you know what they did on the unlock? are you saying they can actually unlock it from a computer by entering a code or something in a US store?

how do you know the MIC is not working?

I also have a factory unlocked IP4 from overseas... it is working perfectly fine with or without 3G on with TMOBILE... I think IP4 automatically switch 3g/2.5G on/off with IP4.

I have 4.3 IOS to start since I got the phone with a manufacturing date 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by ndkone; 03-18-2011 at 02:33 PM.

I do not know how they unlocked it. I did read somewere that they do it by sending a message or signal to apple with the iphones udid (unique identifier) so that when your going to activate it looks at the udid and sees if its to work for all carriers or just at%t.

The mic was not working because i could only hear the person on speaker phone and they said that the mic receiver was not working.

Are you using the phone with tmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by genardas View Post
    I do not know how they unlocked it. I did read somewere that they do it by sending a message or signal to apple with the iphones udid (unique identifier) so that when your going to activate it looks at the udid and sees if its to work for all carriers or just at%t.

The mic was not working because i could only hear the person on speaker phone and they said that the mic receiver was not working.

Are you using the phone with tmobile?
    Yes, I'm on tmobile with the factory unlocked...work perfect except the FACETIME.

The 1.59 IP4 ultrasn0w unlocked is also on tmobile... but it will need to reinstall ultrasn0w from time to time when it say no service. A real pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast