+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked Signal problem

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
if your phone is factory unlocked you do not need ultrasn0w
    Green Apple
    Thanks

if your phone is factory unlocked you do not need ultrasn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

get a new sim from tmo... all that switching in and out and can be hard on them, its free to try at any rate. I had similar issues and that fixed it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I FIXED IT BY INSTALLING ULTRASN0W- I am on 4.3.1 right now factory unlocked. I installed ultrasn0w and the signal never dissapears. This is probably due to the update/fix on ultrasn0w which fixed older basebands on 4.3.1. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 Times in 6,640 Posts

Yes, the new ultrasnow fixes that signal bar issue, even for people that dont need the unlock but are still on a lower baseband.

Green Apple
    Thanks

see i am not on a lower baseband i am on 04.10.01 but still right now i am losing signal again it was good for a couple of days about 4 but now it seems to be back

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by genardas View Post
    see i am not on a lower baseband i am on 04.10.01 but still right now i am losing signal again it was good for a couple of days about 4 but now it seems to be back
    If you are simply losin bars and not constantly having only one bar (meaning you never have anything but one bar all the time) then that was probably a different issue you were having than the one where people have lower basebands.

Thanks

I agree, you may want to restore and set up as new to see if you still have the issue after that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes, the new ultrasnow fixes that signal bar issue, even for people that dont need the unlock but are still on a lower baseband.
    I still run 4.02 on my iphone4 with bb 1.59.it ok to update with new ultranow?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vimm View Post
    I still run 4.02 on my iphone4 with bb 1.59.it ok to update with new ultranow?
    Yes, it shouldnt hurt you but there is no need to update it for you.

Thanks

Yes, it shouldnt hurt you but there is no need to update it for you.
    If i remember correctly when fist ios 4.0.x release and iphone 4 was jb/unlocked use ultrasnow and mine was unlocked with ultrasnow ver.1.0 in that time and my iphone 4 never have any problem with no signal or service after reboot.after update ultrasnow to ver 1.1.x mine have problem with no service,no signal,sim fail.i have to reboot 3-4 time to make it work. just wondering any way to reinstall to older version one? i am still on 4.0.1.

Thanks

You can try and find a repo that is still hosting a older version of ultrasnow. Or you can find a .deb download of it and manually put it into cydia's autoinstall folder. You would have to uninstall the newer version first though.

Thanks

You can try and find a repo that is still hosting a older version of ultrasnow. Or you can find a .deb download of it and manually put it into cydia's autoinstall folder. You would have to uninstall the newer version first though.
    i found version 1.1 and i try it and will see.
    thanks.

Thanks

No prob. Good luck

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If you are simply losin bars and not constantly having only one bar (meaning you never have anything but one bar all the time) then that was probably a different issue you were having than the one where people have lower basebands.
    I have normal bars 5,4,3 but at random times i look at my phone and it is at 1 bar then 10 sec later its at 5 or 4
    also when it as at searching.... i look at sb setting and the cellular data ip adress is there
    Last edited by genardas; 04-16-2011 at 03:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same exact problem and had to return the phone did you find a way to fix it?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the folks at the apple store are clueless as i had the exact problem with my ATT iphone4. i complained of losing 3G and Edge signals and only getting "no sim card installed" message. apple changed the sim tray twice and each time the problem would go away and then return after a few days. i finally resolved all issues by simply covering the square notch of the sim tray with a piece of tape (clear tape used for wrapping gifts). IMHO, the sim card shorts out on the sim tray to the sim card. i believe the short is caused by the sim card release pin. when you release the tray, there's a pin (arm) which pushes on the sim tray notch. but on some iphones, the sim tray (arm) often touches the sim tray notch even when your not trying to release the tray, thus causing a short. this short will cause loss of signal. not all iphones have this issue, but perhaps i dropped my iphone once too many and caused this problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    the folks at the apple store are clueless as i had the exact problem with my ATT iphone4. i complained of losing 3G and Edge signals and only getting "no sim card installed" message. apple changed the sim tray twice and each time the problem would go away and then return after a few days. i finally resolved all issues by simply covering the square notch of the sim tray with a piece of tape (clear tape used for wrapping gifts). IMHO, the sim card shorts out on the sim tray to the sim card. i believe the short is caused by the sim card release pin. when you release the tray, there's a pin (arm) which pushes on the sim tray notch. but on some iphones, the sim tray (arm) often touches the sim tray notch even when your not trying to release the tray, thus causing a short. this short will cause loss of signal. not all iphones have this issue, but perhaps i dropped my iphone once too many and caused this problem
    Yea they literally do nothing to help you since they only help at&t and Verizon customers. It's quite dumb due to the fact that they sell factory unlocked iPhone's in the US. They dont even support what they sell.... Its rediculous but that's why we have these forums right? Cause apple doesn't help us or fix our i products or they don't answer our questions anyways goodluck.I just put some glue on the edge of the sim to fill in the extra space and it has been working flawlessly.

Note: if you do this method and you put much superglue scrape on the side of a sim card (like I did) scrap it off CAREFULLY some off it off on sandpaper to make it fit in the sim tray.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12