+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Visual Voicemail WIP (Yes, it will work...)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by rmsmillertime Is there a way to have the Iphone not filter the message? I'm on a Iphone 4 (microsim) so I cant easily swap to a feature(dumb)
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmsmillertime View Post
    Is there a way to have the Iphone not filter the message?
    I'm on a Iphone 4 (microsim) so I cant easily swap to a feature(dumb) phone
    Ideas?
    Nope. You need to use another phone. Buy a microsim adapter on eBay.

ssdsnake probably tested this out on another phone. I have never been able to receive that message on my iPhone. In fact, at first, I used to receive blank SMSs/texts from "500" when sending to "122." Then I didn't receive anything later on.

I'm going to assume that T-Mobile made some slight changes (password lengths for one) because I did not change my firmware. Whatever changes they made affected my ability to use VVM in the phone app.

dhl
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @Lecram25

Thanks for the info. Gonna charge up my ancient Treo and give it a try.

Update:
    It worked! Just sent the SMS to 122 and got the expected reply. I set up an IMAP email account per the directions and when I checked it, it received an email from:

[email protected]

with an attached .AMR voicemail file. For some reason, I wasn't able to play the file but I assume it's the currently saved voicemail from that number.

I also saw a Greetings folder that contained an .AMR file that is my voicemail greeting. I was able to play this file.

Questions:

What did you originally do to trigger the native VVM app? Do we need a special carrier bundle or is it possible that tweaking a .plist value somewhere could do the trick? Is there anything we can ask T-Mobile for at this point that would help make this work?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dhl; 03-10-2012 at 12:30 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've been using a different carrier plist for sure.

It's T-Mobile's network that has changed.

The only thing we can do now is get saurik to do what he did with the native app with YouMail for us. Could you people please try and get in touch with him?

Or if someone else is familiar with MobileSubstrate and the voicemail app, then we can get this ball rolling.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    The method in this thread does work. The problem is that the iPhone is currently filtering the message being received from T-Mobile.

What you will need is a feature (dumb) phone to send the "Activate:dt=6" SMS/text message to "122". A Blackberry will work. What you will receive back is exactly what ssdsnake posted. I did notice a change though; the password range went from 4-7 to 4-9. Not a big deal though. Make sure to call T-Mobile and ask them to enable VVM (it's free). If you currently have the $5.99 T-Zones and attempt to modify your account via that link, you will lose T-Zones and will have to fight to get it back. Calling customer service is your safest bet.
    What is the need to text it from a feature phone? I have a GSM unlocked RAZR that I can do it with... I'm just wondering what the difference is texting this to 122 from the iPhone vs the feature phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi I wanted to add to Chiplowe question let's say if I have an Htc phone could that work and when u say send text from another cellphone do we need to put our sim on that phone or isn't that text for that particular number hope am not confusing u

dhl
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chula View Post
    Hi I wanted to add to Chiplowe question let's say if I have an Htc phone could that work and when u say send text from another cellphone do we need to put our sim on that phone or isn't that text for that particular number hope am not confusing u
    You need to put the iPhone SIM into the phone you're sending the text from.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wip

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've tried getting this to work on my iPhone by using a basic nokia phone t send the text message but I do not get a reply as described by those who have gotten it to work.

I have visual voicemail turned on. Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dam when you get it done, Ill pay for it!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hey dead thread...
    Any updates on this?? Anyone willing to post a recap of the method? What's officially working the best?

Should I still hold out before trying anything?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The official T-Mobile carrier bundle which was released today should give you visual voicemail.

Of interesting note: I did not get visual voicemail automatically, even though I reset my phone. However, after copying over the plist settings that I used for my experiments earlier, I got visual voicemail working now without a problem. So my settings were correct and my assumption of it being a server side issue was correct.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm actually having a really hard time deciding if I should update the carrier settings because I will lose the ability to use personal hotspot. Is there any way around this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone 4 with 6.0 with the latest official tmobile ipcc gave the phone visual voice mail, new data settings, new mms settings and kept the hot spot feature. this is on factory unlocked iphone 4.

iphone 4 with 5.1.1 with the latest official tmobile ipcc gave it new data settings and new mms settings, removed hot spot and visual voice mail.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin0120 View Post
    I'm actually having a really hard time deciding if I should update the carrier settings because I will lose the ability to use personal hotspot. Is there any way around this?
    It's thereImageUploadedByModMyi1365462922.155310.jpg

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12