+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak stop at Flash NOR - HELP

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
How do I backup just my contact list then I wipe out again a restore one more time from fresh and activate with att sim without restore backup then I
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

How do I backup just my contact list then I wipe out again a restore one more time from fresh and activate with att sim without restore backup then I import the contact list back again

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

You can sync your contacts to outlook or windows contacts and sync them back after.

Thanks

Ok Did that. So now I have to use redSnow0.0.6cr8 put in dfu mode then restore custom ipws with itune then activate with att sim after that use redsn0w again to install cydia rite?

Thanks

once again thanks so much. will try that later

Last nite I restored the old backup (few months old)and it seem fixed the battery problem. have it charge up 97% after 7hrs standby, battery drained down to 89%. it still drains faster than before the update but way better than 4%-5% per 1/2hr like be yesterday. I think I can live with this
    thank for your help.
    Last edited by vietkool; 01-07-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No prob, glad it is better than it was

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I noticed I have a problem similar to vietkool's

The process freezes at Flashing baseband (don't interrupt), but I have managed to get a custom FW up (4.2.1) yet I have no signal, wifi, imei, iccid, modem firmware... nothing and the phone reboots every couple of minutes (and booting up is extremely slow)

I have tried only ticking ipad baseband in redsn0w 0.9.6b6 yet to no avail... f0recast also shows no baseband or bootloder, only serial and model no

i'm gessing that the baseband is corrupt, do you think is there any option other than waiting for a baseband higher than 6.15?

thanx a lot in advance
    Last edited by GluteusMaximus; 03-13-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks

Yup, sounds like your baseband is corrupt. You can try restoring to a custom firmware with the iPad baseband built into it. May work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Similar issue - stuck in boot loop- please help!
    Hello all. Simon- thanks so much for all the time & the posts you've put into solving this. Despite jailbreaking multiple phones since the original iphone, and feeling as though I have followed everything closely in your instructions, I am still stuck.

phone:
    iphone 3g 8gb, 6.15.00 baseband, 4.1 ios
    jailbroken with Redsnow mac 0.9.6b5

Problem- phone is stuck in boot loop. Has done this after redsnow jailbreak as well as after restoring to original 4.1 firmware in itunes, then kicking out of rec boot with tiny umbrella.

I used f0recast, and it lists 6.15.00 as my baseband, says my phone is unlockable, everything looks fine there.

I plug phone into iTunes, it recognizes it, I am able to set up as a new phone just fine, it syncs, I can eject it.

HOWEVER- at NO TIME do I see the normal operating screen on the iphone. I only see the boot up screen, and the spinning wheel.

I have recently changed the screen on this phone- could this contribute to the problem? I have done this repair MANY times with no problem, so I know I have it hooked up correctly, but I also know I am doing SOMETHING wrong.

Please help.

thanks so much

Thanks

Take the battery out of the phone and leave it out for at least an hour. Then put it back in and try restoring to 4.1 again. Exit recovery when you get the 1015 error in itunes.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12