+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPHONE 3g baseband 6.15 ipad iphone bricked??

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so my friend had an iphone that was updated to 4.12 with newest baseband i believe 5.13? which was un unlockable unless updating to the ipad baseband 6.15 which
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPHONE 3g baseband 6.15 ipad iphone bricked??
    ok so my friend had an iphone that was updated to 4.12 with newest baseband i believe 5.13? which was un unlockable unless updating to the ipad baseband 6.15 which i did and everything was fine so i had it working as IPHONE 3G 4.1 6.15 and then he said he downloaded something in cydia that crashed the phone and he tried to update to the newest version with itunes! i couldnt beleieve he did that and now the iphone is stuck in the plug into itunes screen. i have tried downgrading to 3.13,upgrading to the newest version,running with redsnow and just re jailbreaking, all unsuccessful any suggestions? sorry about bad english

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames2586 View Post
    ok so my friend had an iphone that was updated to 4.12 with newest baseband i believe 5.13? which was un unlockable unless updating to the ipad baseband 6.15 which i did and everything was fine so i had it working as IPHONE 3G 4.1 6.15 and then he said he downloaded something in cydia that crashed the phone and he tried to update to the newest version with itunes! i couldnt beleieve he did that and now the iphone is stuck in the plug into itunes screen. i have tried downgrading to 3.13,upgrading to the newest version,running with redsnow and just re jailbreaking, all unsuccessful any suggestions? sorry about bad english
    Did you mean to say 4.2.1 instead of 4.1.2 firmware version?

Everything should be fine if you updated the 'newer locked baseband' to the 4.2.1 ipsw using the iPad baseband 6.15, except for the known issue with GPS not working on this combination.

SpookeyET mentions throughout the forums about avoiding 'cydia' apps that are not needed and/or may be crapware etc.

Likely a restore to a downgrade using a custom *.ipsw in DFU mode may be your only hope at this point. You need to post more details about the sequence of events that were involved in the upgrading/jailbreaking/unlocking etc... and not your generic "something in cydia that crashed the phone" ...

Good luck
    Last edited by zeppy; 12-18-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,751 Times in 6,860 Posts

You can restore to a stock firmware (4.1 if you have SHSH or 3.1.3 without SHSH). When you get the 1015 error use tiny umbrella to exit recovery. For restoring to 4.2.1 you would need a custom firmware with no baseband update in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Solution->

If ur iphone 3g have ipad baseband and u want to use latest 4.2.1,
    then use Pwnagetool unlock edition to Create a Custom Firmware for 3g and select firmware 4.2.1 after that Pwnagetool ask u for ipad baseband updation u already have it so simply Press No Button n cook (build) the firmware... After that Restore to Custom Firmware u will successfully Restored ur iphone Simply install ultrasn0w 1.2 and u ll get the unlock
    OR
    If u want iso 4.1 then simply restore to the Stock Firmware u will end up with error 1015-
    then use Recboot or tiny umbrella to kick out from recovery mode ... OR simply put ur iphone in DFU mode and jailbreak it with Redsn0w ! Thats it then install ultrasnow 1.2 n ur all gud to go :P..
    Press thanks if i helped ....
    Last edited by MiStO; 12-18-2010 at 07:49 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MiStO For This Useful Post:

Gman13 (02-24-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you wont be able to restore - i bet it is freezing at the end where it says updating firmware??

This is because the newest firmware you are trying to install that apple offers is lower than what you put on..

Let me know, i am screwed too and I am sure this is the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, I may have figured this out. Been dealing with the same issue on a friends 3g. I had to use Sn0wbreeze 2.1, simple jailbreak of 4.1. I was then able to use redsnow to jailbreak a custom 4.1 and get it to take finally. I now have this phone working. Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bricked 3g
    Mine bricked when I used the reset tool to erase all content and settings. Is there any hope for my phone?

Thanks

You need to restore it after using that setting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I could also use some help. Here is what happened to my iPhone 3G.

1) Jailbreaked and updated to 4.2.1 with BB 6.15
    2) Ended up wanting to reset my phone so I tried to restore it with a custom FW 4.2.1 w/ BB 6.15
    3) Phone got bricked midway through restore.
    4) In a state of panic I restored it via iTunes using the restore button and the normal 4.2.1 non "cooked" version.
    5) Midway in restore, error occurs and phone gets stuck on Plug Into Itunes mode.
    6) I'm still in a state of panic because I think I just bricked my phone.

So my question is...what do I do to actually restore my phone to 4.2.1 again with the new baseband? I don't care about the unlock because I only needed it when I was out of the country a week or two ago.

Thanks

You need a custom firmware without the baseband update in it to restore to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ibrickhearts (02-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you! That worked! Any idea on how I can downgrade my baseband and iOS?

Thanks

You can only downgrade your baseband if you have a 5.8 bootloader 3G. Find out with f0recast or tiny umbrella.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can only downgrade your baseband if you have a 5.8 bootloader 3G. Find out with f0recast or tiny umbrella.
    According to f0recast I have a 5.9 bootloader on my iPhone (BB 6.15; 4.2.1). Does that mean I'm SOL?

It also said it was jailbreakable but not unlockable. Right now it works, and is both. I don't want to mess around with it unless I'm sure it will still work afterward!

Thanks

Yes, that means you cant downgrade baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I'm stuck in a similar situation...

I unlocked and jailbroke my phone with redsnow. I was on 4.2.1 so when I did that I upgraded my baseband to 6.15.

I decided to clear my phone. I used the erase option in the phone. I left the phone to do it. After three hours or so I decided that the process had failed.

I tried to put the phone into DFU mode but that wouldn't work. The phone will not pull up on iTunes.

So now my phone is stuck showing the apple logo of death....

Any help with this would be great...

Thanks

You will have to put it in recovery or dfu to restore. As the long as the buttons work you should be able to do it.

Thanks

I used the latest version of sn0wbreeze, as I am on a PC, and created a custom 4.1.2 ipsw then downloaded ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock. All is working great on tmobile. 4.1 would always crash on 3G. 4.2.1 is still not as responsive as 3.1.3 but very useable and worth the stability and extra features.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

ayz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey bud I did the same method tried clearing my phone and now it's stuck in the greenpo1son logo of death. I have the 3gs btw 4.2.1 ipad baseband any luck I've tried from everything to redsnow to greenpo1on to tiny unbrella to snowbreeze though I haven't tried to upgrade to 4.3 what do you think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayz View Post
    hey bud I did the same method tried clearing my phone and now it's stuck in the greenpo1son logo of death. I have the 3gs btw 4.2.1 ipad baseband any luck I've tried from everything to redsnow to greenpo1on to tiny unbrella to snowbreeze though I haven't tried to upgrade to 4.3 what do you think?
    Do you have 4.2.1 SHSH?

ayz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well before everything I did do that make my life easier thing on cydia is that the shsh thing? By the way updating you with some new info I tried to update and install 4.3 on it now the greenpo1son logo is gone and it's stuck in connect to itunes mode