+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPHONE 3g baseband 6.15 ipad iphone bricked??

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When I build they custom firmware pwnagetool doesn't ask whether to install an iPad baseband or not so I wouldn't know.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I build they custom firmware pwnagetool doesn't ask whether to install an iPad baseband or not so I wouldn't know.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Ok, then that isnt your issue. Do you have wifi sync installed on your computer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i do

Thanks

There's your problem then. you need to uninstall wifi sync before you can restore properly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I also have a big problem with this here.

Device: Iphon 3g running 4.2.1 and iPad baseband 6.15

History: When I got the phone it had 4.2.1 on it. In order to unlock and jailbreak it I installed the iPad baseband 6.15 with redsnow 0.9.6 RC8 which worked fine..

Now: I wanted to sell the phone so I pressed the "Reset All Content And Settings" Butten. After 2h waiting I restarted the phone. But it stopped at the apple Logo and ended up in a boot loop ..

What I did afterwards:
    1. I went in to DFU with the Redsn0w "Just enter pwned DFU..." option and tried to do a restore with ITunes. For the restore I used the same IPSW with I used to unlock and jailbreak the phone. It stop in the end of the restore with an 1015 error .. and after an reboot I had this connect to iTunes screen
    2. I used Redsnow and again the same IPSW but this time with the options "Install Cydia" "Install IPad baseband" and "Enable battery percentage" but it failed in the middle the last thing i saw was the pineapple but I don't remember what was written below..

Now when I turn On the phone I see the appel logo and then again the connect to iTunes screen ..

Can anybody tell me how I can solve this Problem pls. and sry for my crape English
    Last edited by shlash; 04-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You were almost finished the first time. Your iPhone was in Recovery Mode. When you get the 1015 error -- and you always will -- you need TinyUmbrella (any version) or Recboot to kick your device out of Recovery Mode. It will reboot and you're finished.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did this just a second ago and it didn't boot up after TinyUmbrella so now I'm downloading 3.1.3 to see if it works then.

Update:

OK it went fine with 3.1.3 ... yes happy !!!

But !!!! I don't have a valid sim card what shell I do now ???
    Last edited by shlash; 04-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks

Use redsnow 0.9.4 on it. You will need to point redsnow to a 3.1.2 firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I will do this tomorrow... it is 1:00 am here where I'm an I have to work tomorrow. I'm just so happy right now thanks for this great help and this site you guys are the best !!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need some clarifications here. I have an iphone 3g with 6.15 baseband ios 4.2.1. i tried restoring it via itunes and it failed giving me error 1015. i cant downgrade via tinyumbrella voz shsh wasnt saved in cydia. What can i do to make my phone work? thanks in advance for your answers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EnderednE View Post
    I need some clarifications here. I have an iphone 3g with 6.15 baseband ios 4.2.1. i tried restoring it via itunes and it failed giving me error 1015. i cant downgrade via tinyumbrella voz shsh wasnt saved in cydia. What can i do to make my phone work? thanks in advance for your answers
    Check the error 1015 link in my signature.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Guidance most welcomed
    Having similar problems...
    Acknowledge 3g phone got wet, albeit not submerged, let it dry out for a week..power comes on, appears to go to restore mode (connect to iTunes logo).

Have SHSH, TinyUmbrella shows Firmware 4.1, Baseband 6.5

Used sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 to create custom ipsw

Use redsn0w or iReb to enter DFU mode, then load custom ipsw....

Multiple attempts, get various 16xx errors (1601, 1604, or 1608)

Running Windows 7 x64, if that matters, always choose Windows XP SP2 compatability mode for redsn0w...
    Last edited by albundy2; 05-09-2011 at 10:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi you guys, i have an iPhone 3GS; a friend gives to me for a few bucks and it's from our local provider, so it didn't needs to be unlocked, but my friend did it.... now i want to update, but don't know if i can, it's on 4.3.2 with BB 6.15. Please, someone could answer? best regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backline View Post
    hi you guys, i have an iPhone 3GS; a friend gives to me for a few bucks and it's from our local provider, so it didn't needs to be unlocked, but my friend did it.... now i want to update, but don't know if i can, it's on 4.3.2 with BB 6.15. Please, someone could answer? best regards
    You could update to a custom 4.3.3 if you want but there is really no point to it. Apple didn't add anything in 4.3.3 that isnt in 4.3.2.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only thing that was changed is the iPhone no longer tracks your location, but Apple claimed not to use the data anyway. Personally I wouldn't waste my time.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123