Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile now has MicroSims

Default T-Mobile now has MicroSims
    Seen this on Engadget.

T-Mobile customers being mistakenly shipped Micro SIMs, just begging to get shoved into iPhones (update: Galaxy Tab!)
    By Chris Ziegler posted Nov 5th 2010 7:03PM
    You've got to admit, this is a little weird: we've received a number of tips today about T-Mobile USA customers being shipped Micro SIMs rather than the typical Mini SIMs. We've gotten a picture of just such a module (see above), and you can plainly see it's not a hybrid -- it can't be snapped out as a Mini SIM, meaning that unless you've got an adapter lying around, you need to head into the store to get it swapped out for the right kind. The only consumer devices out there in any measurable quantity right now that make use of Micro SIMs are, of course, the iPad and iPhone 4 -- and when you pair this up with the fact that T-Mobile stores are starting to sell iPhone cables right now, the situation is starting to get wacky. Now, we still want to stop short of suggesting this means T-Mobile is getting either the iPad or iPhone any time soon; after all, Apple would have to provide a new hardware variant that supports AWS 3G, and it's totally reasonable to think the carrier could be offering other phones in the near future that'll use Micro SIMs. We do love us a good conspiracy theory, though.
    Going to go see if I can score some Micro-sims tomorrow for me and my wife's iPhone 4's that are just sitting there waiting for the unlock for the 2.10.04 baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can buy one on amazon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMCEExGeek View Post
    You can buy one on amazon.
    whats the point of that, will it have my t-mobile plan on it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    whats the point of that, will it have my t-mobile plan on it?
    If it's FROM tmobile you obviously just call them to activate the sim, just like you do with any other new sim. It isn't hard.

Thats an old story, Galaxy tab uses a regular mini sim.

My guess is the sim is from europe where t-mobile actually has the iPhone 4

(You can purchase a sim-cutter for under 5$ shipped from ebay..., its well worth it)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 12-04-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Thats an old story, Galaxy tab uses a regular mini sim.

My guess is the sim is from europe where t-mobile actually has the iPhone 4

(You can purchase a sim-cutter for under 5$ shipped from ebay..., its well worth it)
    This is true.