+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime Question

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK people last night i did a complete restore on my iPhone 4. Wanted to get facetime working. So i scene were some people said turn it on get the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Facetime Question
    OK people last night i did a complete restore on my iPhone 4.

Wanted to get facetime working.

So i scene were some people said turn it on get the pop-up message that says you will be charged for SMS Blah blah blah.....

Leave it sit in the on position over night and in the morning they say it was activated.

Well i did just that, but still no activation, as a matter of fact the switch is now in the off position, and when i turn it on i get the Pop-up message i press OK for the charges, them immediately it go's right back into the off position.

Any ideas, i am on 4.1 no shsh for earlier firmware, purchased the phone when it was on 4.0.2 firmware.

facetime was working when i had the phone on AT&T service but when i switched to tmobile this is the 1st time i got as far as the pop-up SMS Charge.

but last night when i would turn it on, it would stay on, today it go's right back into the off position.

Any ideas how to activate?

let me know
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    OK people last night i did a complete restore on my iPhone 4.

Wanted to get facetime working.

So i scene were some people said turn it on get the pop-up message that says you will be charged for SMS Blah blah blah.....

Leave it sit in the on position over night and in the morning they say it was activated.

Well i did just that, but still no activation, as a matter of fact the switch is now in the off position, and when i turn it on i get the Pop-up message i press OK for the charges, them immediately it go's right back into the off position.

Any ideas, i am on 4.1 no shsh for earlier firmware, purchased the phone when it was on 4.0.2 firmware.

facetime was working when i had the phone on AT&T service but when i switched to tmobile this is the 1st time i got as far as the pop-up SMS Charge.

but last night when i would turn it on, it would stay on, today it go's right back into the off position.

Any ideas how to activate?

let me know
    You need to bypass that screen to jailbreak, install cydia, install Ultrasn0w then insert your sim

THE ONLY WAY TO PASS THAT SCREEN IS WITH AN AT&T SIM, but realize you don't need it for longer then 45 min max if all goes smooth and you know what your doing it should only take 20-25 min

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    You need to bypass that screen to jailbreak, install cydia, install Ultrasn0w then insert your sim

THE ONLY WAY TO PASS THAT SCREEN IS WITH AN AT&T SIM, but realize you don't need it for longer then 45 min max if all goes smooth and you know what your doing it should only take 20-25 min
    But my AT&T service is no longer active. Does that make a difference?
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

But my AT&T service is no longer active. Does that make a difference?
    No....it just has to be an ATT sim

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only way to activate FaceTime on tmobile is to use mitime, which currently does not support new activations on tmobile. Don't understand what the other posters are saying, but regardless of what u do with any SIM, u will just be wasting ur time and be charged $0.20 per message everytime u try to activate FaceTime. Just wait until mitime is updated, then u can activate.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    The only way to activate FaceTime on tmobile is to use mitime, which currently does not support new activations on tmobile. Don't understand what the other posters are saying, but regardless of what u do with any SIM, u will just be wasting ur time and be charged $0.20 per message everytime u try to activate FaceTime. Just wait until mitime is updated, then u can activate.
    That's incorrect. Myself and many others, just on this site, have facetime working on T-Mobile and even on 4.1. Although there doesn't seem to be a way to get it activated and working 100% of the time, there are a few explanations from those who have it working. While it is very hit and miss to get it working, to say the ONLY way to get it working is to purchase MiTime is not true.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Thanks

If u try to do it by inserting an AT&T sim first, it will be using at&t's activation, which may result in a different FaceTime number. I said new activations may not working on 4.1, if u have an activation from 4.0.x then it's a different story. How did u get it activated without mitime? Just happened by luck or did u use a different app? Last I checked (few weeks ago) mitime wa the only reliable option. I guess things mightve changed now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    That's incorrect. Myself and many others, just on this site, have facetime working on T-Mobile and even on 4.1. Although there doesn't seem to be a way to get it activated and working 100% of the time, there are a few explanations from those who have it working. While it is very hit and miss to get it working, to say the ONLY way to get it working is to purchase MiTime is not true.

I got it working on 4.1 Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday i stooped getting the warning pop-up about sms charges, i would leave the settings page and come back and the switch would be off again.

so i messed with my sim card pulling it out back in till it gave e a SIM FAILURE message, so once i got that message i rebooted and tried to fix my connection to tmobile.

once i got it connected to t-mobile again i went back into settings and put the switch in the ON Position it was about 2AM Houston time.

left it like that overnight and went to sleep, woke today to find it was activated.

so the late-night trick did work, no Mitime, facebreak or any other app just left it overnight in the on position.

and it worked.

Thanks

Did u actually make a test call to be sure it's working? And what about all the message charges on ur next bill?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did u actually make a test call to be sure it's working? And what about all the message charges on ur next bill?
    yes! it works , as for bill, depend on howmany times u switch on, each time u turn on face time switch it will attempt to send international SMS to UK , and leave it on and as soon as UK send back one activation (assuming SMS that we don't see which is u will see on t-mobile bill as incoming sms) then face time activate it. after that no charge unless i am guessing if you switch off again and on again.

Thanks

Re-inserting ur SIM will also require an a activation..I don't understand how this works though..the 447 number is for UK, how would it allow an American number to activate...just doesn't make sense =/
    Not saying it's not true, but I want to get more info on this on how it works, do u have do dial a 1 before every FaceTime number u call?

Thanks

yup just talked to my friend who has AT&T service

donno we will see if i get charged
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 10-29-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't realize that MiTime can't do new activations on T-Mobile. I have an iPhone 4 running on T-Mobile that I downgraded to 4.0.1 to activate FT with MiTime and it didn't work. I looked at the MiTime website over and over but never saw that new activations on TMO are not supported.

Has MiTime ever supported new activations on TMO?

Thanks

if you are on Firmware 4.0.1 it should be supported it is not supported for 4.1

Thanks

Yea that's what I meant to say, I worded it wrong sorry..it should have worked when u downgraded to 4.0.1 it should have worked, what error did u get?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I was on 4.0.1 but I couldn't get it to work, so I did a fresh restore to 4.0.1 and still couldn't get it to work. MiTime never gave the activation code. I may try again once 4.2 comes out and need to do a clean restore so I'll downgrade to 4.0.1 first, try MiTime again, and then hopefully it will work before upgrading.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Re-inserting ur SIM will also require an a activation..I don't understand how this works though..the 447 number is for UK, how would it allow an American number to activate...just doesn't make sense =/
    Not saying it's not true, but I want to get more info on this on how it works, do u have do dial a 1 before every FaceTime number u call?
    i have been reinserting sim a few times but i havn't see any charges yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chityuulay View Post
    i have been reinserting sim a few times but i havn't see any charges yet.
    That's wierd..everytime I do it my FaceTime switch goes to "off".
    I'm on 4.0.1 with mitime btw

Thanks

That's wierd..everytime I do it my Facetime switch goes to "off".
    I'm on 4.0.1 with mitime btw
    i had the same problem, if you go to the settings area, are you able to edit your phone number?

If so then you are not getting the pop-up screen saying that you will be charged to SMS.

You need to keep messing with your sim till you are unable to edit you phone number, once completed you will be able to leave your factime in the on position, and just leave it like that over night or a whole day, thats is how it worked for me.

I am on 4.1 and u used the Comm Center patch to get my phone running correctly on tmobile.

i am thinking maybe it only works on 4.1 with this procedure?