Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
T-mobileforums, a part of the
10-25-2010, 06:22 PM #1Sidekick $1 Day Unlimited Internet and Texting Working *CONFIRMED*
I've been hearing some BS for ages about how the iPhone and the T-Mobile Sidekick Plan will never work again. Well, I can confirm that the T-Mobile Sidekick $1 a day (unlimited IM, internet, and texting) pre-paid plan DOES work for the iPhone, internet and all. For this, I used an iPhone 2G running iOS 3.1.3. I'm not sure if it works on any other iPhone's or iOS's, but hereís my guide.
First things first, you will of course need a Jailbroken and Unlocked iPhone You will also need a registered Sidekick T-Mobile SIM Card as well. You can figure out how to do that on one of the many other guides on this website for your iPhone type and iOS.
Due to copyright infringement of other paid Cydia apps, I have removed the the sources.*
Apps needed to be installed from Cydia:
- SBSettings (A MUST)
- Data Toggle (for SBSettings)
- OpenSSH (Iím sure youíre all familiar with this already)
1. DON'T PUT IN SIM CARD YET! AND MAKE SURE WIFI IS OFF! Also, put in Airplane Mode
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to Network
4. Go to Cellular Data Network
5. Where is says APN for Cellular Data, type hiptop.t-mobile.com (include the hyphen!)
And I also put hiptop.t-mobile.com for Internet Tethering as well, although I'm not sure if it's needed. (had it without it before in the I.T., but it's alright to have.
6. Now, if you have an iPhone 3G (or above) you're going to want to turn off the 3G compatibility completely.
- To do this all you need to do is swipe your finger on the status bar to open SBSettings.*
- Press "More" on the bottom left.
- Now we're going to go to "Set Toggles."
- From there, make sure 3G if OFF!, anything else ON is okay for now.
After the iPhone restarts, it should be ready to go! If you have any problems, PM ME!
Q. My Internet isn't working?
A. There are multiple answers to this problem.*
- Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > *Fetch New Data > *Push: ON and fetch email every 15 or 30 minutes. Doesn't really matter.
- Try checking the APN under Cellular Data Network again, sometimes it erases the APN! So make sure you enter hiptop.t-mobile.com again!
- If it's still not working, try putting the phone in Airplane Mode, don't give up! It might need to refresh to the cell phone towers. To check if you have a Data IP Address, swipe the status bar to open SBSettings. If you have a Data IP, you should be good to go. I'm not too savvy with the IP Addresses, but sometimes fiddling with Airplane Mode helps.
P.S.: Keep the Username and Password BLANK for the APN and Internet Tethering. I also turned on Data Roaming, because it doesn't charge extra to roam on T-Mobile (confirmed) with this $1 a day plan.
P.S.S.: Don't listen to anyone else about the VPN crap and all that other bull. The VPN is too much work.
P.S.S.S:Sometimes while on T-Mobile's network, you get this funny error message when you are in a bad area for reception and can't get EDGE access, here's a picture:
Here is the steps in picture form:
And... Step 7: Complete!
Last edited by iPhoneSK; 10-25-2010 at 09:53 PM.
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM #2
Nice dude good info
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM #3
Wait..why does the last pic show 3G on tmobile
10-25-2010, 09:45 PM #4
It shows 3G instead of EDGE because it's a Winterboard app. Obviously no matter what iPhone your on, if your on T-Mobile you won't ever get 3G.
10-25-2010, 11:41 PM #5
10-26-2010, 12:37 AM #6
10-26-2010, 08:33 AM #7
10-29-2010, 11:52 PM #8
I find it interesting that T-Mobile has deblocked the http ports if what you're saying is true. I guess removing the SK plan from prepaid, and implementing the new data options on prepaid, kinda changed things on the backend. Still wish my prepaid SIM still was active, but eh...Member of the hackint0sh forums.
HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:
10-30-2010, 01:33 AM #9