+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Question

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently added the $10/month unlimited data plan onto my T-Mobile account. My phone, on their website, is currently set to an old Samsung flip phone. I installed the standard
    Thanks

Default Data Question
    I recently added the $10/month unlimited data plan onto my T-Mobile account. My phone, on their website, is currently set to an old Samsung flip phone.

I installed the standard T-Mobile carrier bundle (found in Spooky's stickied thread) as I assumed that such a basic phone would be under the standard category. However, when I open up Safari and try to visit a website, it says that a subscription upgrade is required.

So, I changed the APN for cellular data from epc.tmobile.com (Standard) to internet2.voicestream.com (Legacy).

Since Legacy is the APN usually required for phones such as the Shadow, and I registered for the data plan for a basic phone, will I get charged extra, or will accessing the internet via this APN still fall under my account's unlimited data plan, and it'll cost me the normal $10/month?

I just don't want to go around using the internet all the time thinking I'm covered with my unlimited data, just to find out I'm getting extra fees because I'm using the internet from a different phone category's APN.

Thanks!

Thanks

I chose to register my phone as the old flip phone rather than a Shadow because I actually have that old phone and I would be able to switch SIMs in case I needed to call customer service.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

T-Mobile when I had it never checked what phone I was using. I used the 9.99 web2go under "Shadow" phone for a year before I switched to AT&T and never got caught.

You won't get charged extra though. Just saying, if you changed your device to the Shadow it wouldn't make a diff. But you're fine where you are and you won't get charged extra.