+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellular data = off, no MMS

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3GS on 4.1. I finally managed to get MMS working; I'm able to send and receive just fine. However, since I don't have a data plan,
    Thanks

Default Cellular data = off, no MMS
    I have an iPhone 3GS on 4.1. I finally managed to get MMS working; I'm able to send and receive just fine. However, since I don't have a data plan, I take advantage of the new option of turning off cellular data. But when I turn this option off, my MMS doesn't work. I know that you don't need to have a data plan to send MMS, so is there a way to fix this?

I want data disabled but I want to also be able to send MMS...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not possible. The simple fact is that tmobile uses cellular data to send mms messages. They don't cost any extra, but it does utilize the network. Sorry. The easiest way around your issue would be to install SBSettings from cydia and just toggle cellular data on when you want to send an mms.

Thanks

What about receiving MMS? If cellular data is off, will I not be able to receive MMS messages?

Thanks

Yeah...good point...better to just leave cellular data on...heck, you can get unlimited data thru tmo for 10 bucks a month if you do it right anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Yeah...good point...better to just leave cellular data on...heck, you can get unlimited data thru tmo for 10 bucks a month if you do it right anyways
    Yeah I'm thinking about this. I just pop my SIM into an old phone and then set up the internet plan on their website right? I'd rather avoid the customer service reps so I won't accidentally reveal myself.

I also hear that sometimes when loading up Safari it redirects you to the T-Mobile account page saying that you have the wrong internet package. I don't want this to happen..

Thanks

You don't really have to put the sim in a new phone...just go to your mytmobile account, select a shadow as your phone, and add the unlimited shadow data package...then install the legacy bundle from spookyET's thread stickied at the top of the tmobile forum and you'll be good to go...shouldn't see any upgrade pages in safari.