+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Welp right off the start I messed up. I bought a 3g phone and reset the phone too the orginal settings. This did an automatic update and put Base band
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default new
    Welp right off the start I messed up. I bought a 3g phone and reset the phone too the orginal settings. This did an automatic update and put Base band 5.14.2 on it! now I have a ipod. I have jail broke the phone with cydia. Now I have to wait for a new app to unlock. What I am trying to figure out is the best way to get internet on the phone threw tmobile without paying the $30 data plan. I see the tzones idea, the edge idea, but what can I still do. a lot of info I am finding is old. I am also looking at a 2G and sell the 3G....Good idea? any help would be nice. thanks

Piledriving

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You won't be able to get the tzones plan unless you already have it. What I do is use the tmobile web interface and select a shadow as my phone. At that point you can add the shadow data package (10 bucks a month for unlimited). The only catch is that you can't call tmobile customer care with that phone once you've done it. They'll read it as an iphone and want to charge you 30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThaNatrix For This Useful Post:

piledriving (10-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks man, I already have tmobile phones. Just added the service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Next question, I am having problems with dropping calls on a jailbroke, unlocked g2. Any ideas why?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No idea on that one....the 2g unlock is super solid and has been out forever. There should be no bugs with it at this point. There may be an issue with the phone, though I don't know how to tell particularly, or you may want to try a new sim card. You could probably find some good ideas with a google of the issue...wish I could be more helpful. Haven't had a 2g in a few years.