+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push not working when Cellular Data is on!?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've never had a problem with this until I restored my phone. I currently have the unlimited text, and 10 cents a minute plan from T-Mobile. I'm mainly on WiFi
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Push not working when Cellular Data is on!?
    I've never had a problem with this until I restored my phone. I currently have the unlimited text, and 10 cents a minute plan from T-Mobile. I'm mainly on WiFi and used to rely on WiFi to receive my push notifications.

Right now though it seems that they aren't coming through when I have "Cellular Data" turned on... Even though I'm constantly on WiFi. When I turn "Cellular Data" OFF the push works fine.

The reason I keep my "Cellular Data" on is so I can use MMS.

Here are my Cellular Data Network settings just in case it's needed:

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That's because push notifications try to use the cell data when u turn it on, so If u don't have a data plan it won't work..it doesn't matter if wifi is on, if cell data is on, it will use it. I guess u just got lucky before

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    That's because push notifications try to use the cell data when u turn it on, so If u don't have a data plan it won't work..it doesn't matter if wifi is on, if cell data is on, it will use it. I guess u just got lucky before
    No way to trick the push system into thinking it's always on WiFi even with data on?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not that I know of but u can try experimenting..I was in the same situation so I just turned on cell data at night to see if I got any MMS then turned it back off in the morning..then i got a data plan so now I'm good =D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

psibreaker (10-09-2010)