+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plans?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had recently switched back to verizon from my iphone due to mediocre service with AT&T in my area. I just got a prepaid Tmobile SIM working and have been
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Plans?
    I had recently switched back to verizon from my iphone due to mediocre service with AT&T in my area. I just got a prepaid Tmobile SIM working and have been able to text and MMS fine. I can't seem to find what data plans are currently working. I am using an iPhone 3gs on 4.0.
    Any help or hints are appreciated!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Tmobile prepaid data plans should all work no problem, just need to change ur APN settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I apoligize, I'm totally new to T-mobile. The problem I've ran into is when I go to Services and click on add internet & email I get an error.

"We’re sorry—due to your account type, you can’t view this information"

Thanks

Hmm that's wierd..what type of prepaid did u choose? Also, what phone does it show that u have on the tmobile site?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I chose the $15 unlimited text/$.10/min It actually doesn't show what phone I have, I tried to change it to a G1 and now doesn't seem to let me change it again.

Thanks

Actually bro I think I made a mistake, I don't think u can get data plans on tmobile prepaid. They only have the plan for the sidekick which won't work in the iPhone (at least it doesn't for 95% of the people who tried).

What u can do is get the tmobile even more plus plan which is a monthly plan but doesn't require a contract and is a little cheaper. But u said u have verizon so why do u have tmobile prepaid?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had just bought a cheap prepaid tmobile to see if I could get it to work with my old iPhone. Mostly just to play with but I may use it for everything except voice depending on how it does in my area.

Thanks

Oh I see. Well you could get prepaid with AT&T, they have data. But You said u don't get good coverage in ur area right...I guess all u can do is use wifi for now.
    You should really consider the even more plus plan, that's the only thing keeping me from switching to AT&T. It's really cheap and u don't have to sign any contract, if u get good coverage then you might want to consider switching to it if you want to use the iPhone for everything
    Last edited by Waleed786; 10-01-2010 at 09:05 PM.