Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Occassional No Service After Turning On

Thanks

Default Occassional No Service After Turning On
    I have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 unlocked with ultrasn0w for T-Mobile. It works great. However, I've noticed that when I turn off the phone via the power button on top (like when I'm going to bed), and I turn it on in the morning, it will turn on and have no service. On the flip side, if I reboot the phone using the reboot option in SBSettings, it will reboot and I have service just like normal.

What's the problem with using the normal switch; why can't I receive service after turning the device on? I mean it's not too much of a bother, but I don't want this situation to escalate further to the point where I keep rebooting and cannot get service at all.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks.

I have an Iphone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 using ultrasn0w on T-mobile with the same issue. If I have it turned off overnight sometimes, but not always it will just show 1 signal bar but no carrier logo, and will not have the carrier option available in the settings. If I use SBsettings to reboot almost everytime it gets service again. I can't figure out why it does it one time and not another, and like you am also hoping that it won't get any more frequent over time.

It used to happen to me also until I disabled the PIN lock, reset network settings, then re-installed ultrasn0w