+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 2g shuts off when SIM is inserted

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey all, i have a 2g iPhone ive had since 07 and the battery was not holding that well, so i put in a new battery. i let it charge
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My 2g shuts off when SIM is inserted
    hey all, i have a 2g iPhone ive had since 07 and the battery was not holding that well, so i put in a new battery. i let it charge over night then tried it the next day. it worked unplugged for bout 10-15 sec the shut its self down. BUT when i have it plugged in, it stays on just fine.

i tryed it again with the SIM out and unplugged it works just fine. when i put the SIM in it stayed on for 10-15sec and shut down again.

it has 3.1.3 jailbroke firmware working on t-moblie. its been working fine since 07 until i replaced the batt.

i fallowed the instructions on how to change the battery to the T yet it doent stay on

PLEASE HELP!!!!! im using my pops old blackberry that suuuuuuux!!! (oops i think i post this in the wrong section)

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

even though you are on t-mobile, i would post this in the hardware forum
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you, i just did

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It really seems like a hardware problem. Have you taken it apart again and reassembled it carefully? Might have displaced something or something isn't connected properly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive taken it apart at least 5 times to check and triple check. it only acts up unplugged and with SIM in.

Thanks

It's the non genuine battery I'm guessing you put in there that's causing the problem...go buy a genuine one and all your problems will be solved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    It's the non genuine battery I'm guessing you put in there that's causing the problem...go buy a genuine one and all your problems will be solved
    i contacted the person i bout it from and he said that it has never happened to any of his customers. after reading your comment i reinstalled the original batt and it still does it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

When u say it shuts down, it just turns off immediately, the screen just goes black on it's own? Or do u see a loading circle then it shuts down?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    When u say it shuts down, it just turns off immediately, the screen just goes black on it's own? Or do u see a loading circle then it shuts down?
    i see the loading circle then it shuts down

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Then I don't think it's a hardware problem, try restoring and jailbreaking/unlocking again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Then I don't think it's a hardware problem, try restoring and jailbreaking/unlocking again
    i just reset to factory then jailbroke it and the second i put the SIM in it did the same thin, loading wheel and shut off

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OMG i think im a total idiot!!!! i bout a 3g 16gig iphone and the back cover was cracked. i used it just fine for a week untill i changed the back. not it wont even turn on!! i fallowed the direction to the T and it wont turn on. i plugged it in after i fixed it to see if it was just the batt not attached and the apple logo came up for 5sec and it shut off ;( (the batt is attached)

so now i hav a 2g that wont take a sim and a 3g that wont turn on!!! ;( ;( ;(

any suggestions??????????? or shood i just sell both and start over and NEVER open one again! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My reccomendation, sell them for as much as you can both. And buy a 3g you won't open

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ANOTHER OMG!!! i just got another 3g today and i got it unlocked and jailbroken BUT the stupid Bootloader version is 06.02 soooo fuzzyband will not work!! im gonna seriously cry!! is there anything i can do to down grade it?????

would downgrading me firmware help/fix it? if so how do you downgrade then upgrade back to 4.1

new phone stats:

3g 8g
    firmware 4.1
    bootloader:06.02
    baseband: 05.14.02
    Last edited by unclereeree; 10-29-2010 at 10:16 PM.