Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Issues unlocking iphone 3g for use on tmobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP! Issues unlocking iphone 3g for use on tmobile
    HELP! I bought a jailbroken/unlocked iphone 3g. The guy I bought it from was running os 4.0.2 with a baseband of 05.13.04 and bootloader 06.04. I have the 3g turned off in the settings, but it RARELY gets signal, and when it does, it drops it within 10 seconds. I tried doing a factory reset and downgrading to 3.1.3 as well as 3.1.2, both times re-jailbreaking and unlocking, and I'm still having the same issues.

I took it to a cell phone repair store and they said it was a hardware issue, that the PA chip (power amplifier) had gone out. I did not think this is the case because I was able to put my friends AT&T sim, and everything worked normally. I talked to another cell phone repair shop and they said that there was no such thing as a PA chip and agreed that if the AT&T sim worked, then it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

PLEASE HELP! I've been jacking with this thing for a week and a half now and I'm out of ideas.

120 views and nothing... c'mon, i'm pulling my hair out here...
    Last edited by seltzernator; 09-29-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try another tmobile sim card in it. You might need to get another sim

Also, when it does get signal, can u call or text or anything?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

seltzernator (09-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

another tmobile sim? does it matter that the tmobile sim works fine in my old phone?

to answer your question, yes, when it does get signal i can make calls and i can use the intranet.

also i forgot to mention in my original post, wifi does work on the phone.

Well then it can't be a problem with ur unlock, I would try another tmobile sim just to see what happens. And the Att sim gets full signal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yup, at&t sim picked up signal almost instantly and held it very well.

i'll give your suggestion a shot tomorrow. it's about the only thing i haven't tried. i'll let you know how it goes.

thanks!

well, this actually helped somewhat. i went into a tmobile store and they gave me a new sim. i popped it in and i never lost service while i was in the store. on the way home driving down 75 (major highway right through the center of dallas) several times it said "no service" and here at my loft (downtown dallas), it's in and out of service quiet a bit, but still much better than before.

my old tmobile phone (moto razr) constantly got service so i think it could be better, but i'll have to research a little more into that i guess. if you have any other suggestions, i'm all ears, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

thanks!
    Last edited by seltzernator; 09-30-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost