Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4, 4.0.1 jailbroken & unlocked occasional freezing

Default iPhone 4, 4.0.1 jailbroken & unlocked occasional freezing
    Hello, everything is fine with my iPhone 4 running on jailbroken and unlocked (for tmobile) 4.0.1 FW.

all except when sometimes, it freezes and i am forced to do a hard reboot (holding sleep/wake button and home button until shut down).

i have SBsettings installed as well as the remove background process toggle switch which is very helpful.

occasionally, when i delete a lot of apps from multi-tasking or delete process's with SBsettings, my iphone freezes. the only thing to make it work again is hard rebooting.

also, when i need to restart springboard it also usually happens.

and another thing, sometimes after rebooting, my service displays 1 bar, but it doesn't say tmobile. and i can't make calls/texts so i reboot again and it goes back to saying Tmobile and i have normal service.

has anyone else been having these problems? they aren't terrible, just annoying.

I have the same EXACT problems. Except, i have to reinstall ultrasn0w before i get service back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4, 4.0.1, unlocked on T-Mobile...don't have that problem though

I have 3GS, 4.0 unlocked on T-Mobile. Mine locks up after calls for about 30 seconds and now recently, I have been having to respring often.

Beginning to get frustrated. kinda hard to pimp out jailbreaking to buddies if I have issues.

Thanks

Try updating to 4.1. If you rely on an unlock, use Pwnage tool (Mac) or sn0wbreeze (Windows - soon to be released).

I'm on 4.1 on my 3GS and it runs perfectly.