Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 ios 4.0.1 black / blank pictures ??? Tried everything already

Default iphone 4 ios 4.0.1 black / blank pictures ??? Tried everything already
    I tried everything I could find and cant seem to get my picture messaging working again.

Here is what I've tried so far:

Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

This got my picture messaging working for a few days but then it stop working after I installed something from cydia. Maybe lockinfo or iblacklist?

So I notice my picture message wasnt working and tried all of the following with no success.

Installed Supreme prefernces 3.0 to get the celluar data tab to check settings.

Installed fix from http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/

Installed fix from sinful*phonerepo.com

Installed fix from Cydia.pushfix.info

I also tried taking out the sim card for 10 minutes and putting it back in and turning it off completely for 10 minutes and still nothing .

Any other ideas? I really dont want to restore and start over. It took me 2 hrs to get my phone the way I want it.

No ideas at all? I cant be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I tried everything I could find and cant seem to get my picture messaging working again.

Here is what I've tried so far:

This got my picture messaging working for a few days but then it stop working after I installed something from cydia. Maybe lockinfo or iblacklist?

So I notice my picture message wasnt working and tried all of the following with no success.

Installed Supreme prefernces 3.0 to get the celluar data tab to check settings.

Installed fix from http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/

Installed fix from sinful*phonerepo.com

Installed fix from Cydia.pushfix.info

I also tried taking out the sim card for 10 minutes and putting it back in and turning it off completely for 10 minutes and still nothing .

Any other ideas? I really dont want to restore and start over. It took me 2 hrs to get my phone the way I want it.
    umm, you answered your own question...

How are we going to help you, if you had everything working properly, then installed a program that you dont even remember anymore, it was obviously the program you installed. trying "fixes" is just going to mess your phone up even more.

Considering you've installed a bunch of crap that is just going to make matters much much worse, AND the fact you use sinfuliphone (obviously your a pirate), the best advice i can give is write down the important stuff, and do a clean restore. Theres no way it'll take you 2 hours to setup an iPhone 4, it restores in under 10 minutes. But then again with all those failed attempts, it seems like you've already wasted over 2 hours trying to get your mms working....

This time, test your MMS after lockinfo, then again after iblacklist... You should be able to figure out EXACTLY which program is giving you an issue, and if its not a cracked version, we'd be more than welcome to help
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 08-14-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

So I come to update my status in hopes that what happened to me may help someone else just in case they run into the same problem and I see this toolbag's reply.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    umm, you answered your own question...

How are we going to help you, if you had everything working properly, then installed a program that you dont even remember anymore, it was obviously the program you installed. trying "fixes" is just going to mess your phone up even more.

Considering you've installed a bunch of crap that is just going to make matters much much worse, AND the fact you use sinfuliphone (obviously your a pirate), the best advice i can give is write down the important stuff, and do a clean restore. Theres no way it'll take you 2 hours to setup an iPhone 4, it restores in under 10 minutes. But then again with all those failed attempts, it seems like you've already wasted over 2 hours trying to get your mms working....

This time, test your MMS after lockinfo, then again after iblacklist... You should be able to figure out EXACTLY which program is giving you an issue, and if its not a cracked version, we'd be more than welcome to help
    *takes a drink of water*

baby pimp (can I call you that for short?)

You are an idiot. If you are not going to post something helpful then dont post at all.

First off I not a noob that installs a bunch of crap. The only things I installed after I got my mms working was iblacklist and lockinfo. Cant see how someone who quoted and bolded a statement still does not have the capacity to understand it . And I probably only installed 5 other things from cydia (ultrasn0w, winterboard, five icon dock, five column springboard).

Whats with all the assumptions? How do you know I installed a bunch of crap? How do you know I'm a pirate? How do you know how long it take set up my phone? You are coming off as an insecure girl with trust issues.

It must be cool to flame people for no reason these days . Get a life.

BACK TO TOPIC

Unlike some people the reason I am posting my update is to try to help others in the case they come across this thread and have the same problem.

So little pimpin was correct that I already wasted a lot of time in trying to get my mms to work. I uninstalled one thing at a time and tested my mms after each uninstall and even with everything uninstalled it did not work. Something was corrupted at this point so I went ahead and restored.

First thing I did was set up my mms again. After that I tested it again right after each install. To my surprise it worked with everything that was on my phone.

I then proceeded to manually restore my contacts, calender, sms and etc via ssh (In case some people *clears throat* were wondering this took the most time; that is why I didnt do it before). After that I tried my mms again and it didnt work so this was the culprit. Apparently I had stuff inside my "draft" and "parts" folder that were conflicting. After I wiped out those folders completely mms was working again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to k1653d For This Useful Post:

gusutabo (10-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    k1653d,

Thank you SO MUCH!!

I was just having the exact same problem on limera1n jailbroken iOS 4.1 iPhone 4.

I thought it was because of my recently installed biteSMS or iRealSMS but thanks to this post I tried simply deleting the "drafts" and "parts" folder and everything went back to normal.
    After receiving a picture MMS the "parts" folder was created again with the newly received photo. I then decided to reupload the contents of my old "parts" folder to the new one and now I can still see the picture attachments of my old messages AND receive new ones WITH picture attachments.

In the end it might have been just the same as deleting only the "drafts" folder in first place. So for those having this problem, I suggest deleting just the "drafts" folder first and check if it works.

I have nothing important on that "drafts" folder so I'm abstaining myself from uploading it back again

I wonder why the hell just a couple of pretty much empty "message.plist" files keep things working the right way though...

I guess I'd have never figured that out by myself. Because as you said even a clean restore wouldn't fix that.

Once again, thank you so much for the info!