Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Cellular data network tab

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 Cellular data network tab
    For some reason i dont have the cellular data network tab to edit my apn settings, help appreciated!
    i know theres alot of threads about this but they didn't help me.

what i think the problem is, is how i activated the iphone 4?
    i activated my iphone 4 with a unactive at&t simcard that it came with when i bought it, do i need to activate it with a active simcard to get the settings? all i see is on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    For some reason i dont have the cellular data network tab to edit my apn settings, help appreciated!
    i know theres alot of threads about this but they didn't help me.

what i think the problem is, is how i activated the iphone 4?
    i activated my iphone 4 with a unactive at&t simcard that it came with when i bought it, do i need to activate it with a active simcard to get the settings? all i see is on and off.
    For APN to show up i boot up my phone with out SIM card in there. unlock to springboard and put in your tmobile SIM and you should see it show up.

If that doesn't work then uninstall ultrasn0w and reboot. reinstall ultrasn0w with out a sim card and reboot. unlock to springboard and put in tmobile sim card.

I added in the the tmobile fix from cydia and the pushfix info source. I was having the same promlem until then. I activated the same way you did too. Now today my tmobile edge is working but I cannot get into the cellular data tab to input any settings. Guess I don't have too now since the fix, fixed it.

I did lose the MMS tab in messaging though.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Getting MMS and internet working is very challenging. Try patching your commcenter then download a carrier bundle from SpookyET. Look in the stickies under iPhone T-Mobile forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astrax View Post
    For APN to show up i boot up my phone with out SIM card in there. unlock to springboard and put in your tmobile SIM and you should see it show up.

If that doesn't work then uninstall ultrasn0w and reboot. reinstall ultrasn0w with out a sim card and reboot. unlock to springboard and put in tmobile sim card.
    tried your method and it doesn't work.
    how did you activate your iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Getting MMS and internet working is very challenging. Try patching your commcenter then download a carrier bundle from SpookyET. Look in the stickies under iPhone T-Mobile forum.
    yeah i know, its a pain in the ***** lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    hmm yeah i think i need to patch my commcenter and add the t-mobile carrier bundle, probably thats why im not getting the tab setting, my iphone carrier says At&t 7.0 lol
    Last edited by mindblown; 08-13-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    tried your method and it doesn't work.
    how did you activate your iphone?

yeah i know, its a pain in the ***** lol

hmm yeah i think i need to patch my commcenter and add the t-mobile carrier bundle, probably thats why im not getting the tab setting, my iphone carrier says At&t 7.0 lol
    i activated my phone w/ active ATT sim card. leave the att sim card in there until you do the unlock. Sync w/ itunes once you have active att sim card in there.

i read the post at dev team blog and it has to do with how old your sim card is as well.. take a look

--
    Ok, I put my simcard in it (which is brand new) and the cellular data network came up, so it was a sim card issue. I took out my sim and it stayed there when I put my wifes back in, then the mms wouldn't send or receive. It would just give the red exclamation point almost immediately after hitting send (I installed the tmobile mms fix that works perfect on my phone). Her sim is older so I cut up one of my brand new ones and everything is working perfectly. So I think anyone having this issue should just update their sim card, they recommend replacing it every 3 years when I talked to tmobile on the phone. But thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by astrax; 08-13-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to astrax For This Useful Post:

mindblown (08-13-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astrax View Post
    i activated my phone w/ active ATT sim card. leave the att sim card in there until you do the unlock. Sync w/ itunes once you have active att sim card in there.

i read the post at dev team blog and it has to do with how old your sim card is as well.. take a look

--
    Ok, I put my simcard in it (which is brand new) and the cellular data network came up, so it was a sim card issue. I took out my sim and it stayed there when I put my wifes back in, then the mms wouldn't send or receive. It would just give the red exclamation point almost immediately after hitting send (I installed the tmobile mms fix that works perfect on my phone). Her sim is older so I cut up one of my brand new ones and everything is working perfectly. So I think anyone having this issue should just update their sim card, they recommend replacing it every 3 years when I talked to tmobile on the phone. But thanks for all your help!
    hmm well my sim card is actually the old sim card, i will sure do get a new one and to check if it works,
    anyways thanks for the feedback i appreciate it