+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Red X next to mms and sms messages

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Anyone else getting the red x next to the mms and sms message. my message are still sent and received. i am just wondering what it is.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Red X next to mms and sms messages
    Anyone else getting the red x next to the mms and sms message. my message are still sent and received. i am just wondering what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red X next to mms and sms messages-photo.png  

Banned
    Thanks

I have the same thing. PLEASE someone answer this. It is driving me insane!

Can someone answer this?
    Last edited by kayvong8; 08-12-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Finally a thread I can help in lol, took me 25 minutes to figure this out, apparantly the iPhone 4 has a delivery thing and it doesnt work well, anyways here's how you fix it.

I can't duplicate it, so these instructions might not be all correct.

But you have to have SBSettings installed.

First go to settings, then messages, and make sure delivery notification is off.

and anything related to delivery notifications...

Then swipe SBsettings and go to more. I don't remember if it's in Mobile Substrate Addons or System Options, but in one of those, theres a message delivery toggle, turn it off as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doeboynmek View Post
    Finally a thread I can help in lol, took me 25 minutes to figure this out, apparantly the iPhone 4 has a delivery thing and it doesnt work well, anyways here's how you fix it.

I can't duplicate it, so these instructions might not be all correct.

But you have to have SBSettings installed.

First go to settings, then messages, and make sure delivery notification is off.

and anything related to delivery notifications...

Then swipe SBsettings and go to more. I don't remember if it's in Mobile Substrate Addons or System Options, but in one of those, theres a message delivery toggle, turn it off as well.
    dude thanks for the help! it worked like a charm. it was in mobile substrate

on a side note i dont know if anyone one of you guys can help me with this. I accidently downloaded xtrememe prefs so i could edit my APN settings. well that didnt work so i uninstalled it. after the uninstall my preferences/settings app crashes. So i searched a thread on here and found a stock preferences.app for download for firmware 4.01, however, it was for iphone 3GS. So i dont have all the options that i had for my iphone 4. Do either of you have the stock preferences.app that you can SSH off your phone and give to me for download. That is assuming you have an iphone 4. Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks

I fixed mine too. I uninstalled a source for delivery notification that I never used or installed but apparently another source had. Check for that. It's just odd because I had the X's before I even jailbroke.

But apparently the app that the source installed returned my settings to non-notified sms/mms after I removed it. Also, I went to sb settings and removed the sms repeat notification and delivery notice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi many thanks for that. It was driving me insane.As i had backed up from my 3gs and had all the old messages it showed a cross next to them so i thought it marked them as old, hence the red cross, but when i went to send a message it put the cross in as it got to the end of sending.Thought i might add this,after jailbreaking my 3gs on 4.01 i had Activator but on my 4g it was missing so i added it which helped because when i downloaded sbsettings i couldnt find it to use it.On cydia where sbsettings is shown there is in red the 4.02 warning but underneath is another note about sbsettings on 4.0. and a bug preventing it being visable on some apps. It says to configure activator to use sbsettings as a short button on home button, which i did then was able to get to substrate and turn message delivery off. again many thanks
    Last edited by tarquin123; 08-15-2010 at 03:15 PM.