Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is anybody working on a facetime Tmobile fix??

Default Is anybody working on a facetime Tmobile fix??
    Love to know if any developer out there is working on or has heard of someone seriously working on a tmobile facetime fix app???? I'd be more than happy to buy that app for sure!! If I can't get facetime on tmobile I might have to switch to At&t or take the phone back.

Tell me what you know??

Can someone please make this a sticky thread?? I must scan through all the threads daily and search google multiple times a day trying to find any news on this, it would really save me and I am sure alot of others time. Thank you for all you do!!!
    Last edited by morehomes; 08-10-2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@pushfix is working on this issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nomad707 For This Useful Post:

morehomes (08-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by nomad707 View Post
    @pushfix is working on this issue.
    Did you read that on pushfix website or forum. I looked on there the other day and didn't see anything on there.

I want that fix so bad cant wait to play on facetime.

Default FaceTime is working on tmobile !!!
    hi Guys so finally did it, took few days but my facetime is working with Tmobile ( even with 3G )
    Working on fix, going to be available on Cydia in the next few days
    you can check for updates on Celebfoolery (celebfoolery) on Twitter

@celebfoolery

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eliranbi For This Useful Post:

luigimaster24 (08-11-2010), morehomes (08-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post
    hi Guys so finally did it, took few days but my facetime is working with Tmobile ( even with 3G )

@celebfoolery
    So can't wait you've made my day

We truly appreciate the effort and the fact your willing to share this with the community. More than happy to donate !!! thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by eliranbi View Post

@celebfoolery
    T-Mobile's 3G does not work with the iPhone only Edge data and no other devices support FaceTime besides i4 so you can't mean the iPhone 3G. Little skeptic unless you post something to prove it :/

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    T-Mobile's 3G does not work with the iPhone only Edge data and no other devices support FaceTime besides i4 so you can't mean the iPhone 3G. Little skeptic unless you post something to prove it :/
    +1

ya I think that above is a scam. I have seen the same post on a few threads all about facetime. I went to the twitter account and it is nothing about iphone. I think he is just trying to get people to follow him on twitter. If you want to follow some one on twitter you can follow me. Twitter.com/tylerbrown316 hahaha

I thought it was a weird site to have a facetime app fix. I can't beleive nobody can fix facetime. maybe the pushfix guy can do it.

Default Facetime on Tmobile USA
    facetime is working for me, was chatting with a friend with AT$T

Quote Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
    facetime is working for me, was chatting with a friend with AT
    Would you be kind enough to tell us what you did to make it work or perhaps attach a picture of your Cellular data settings? Instructions perhaps?

So you have facetime working and you are a tmobile yourself?? I see that you chatted with somone on ATT but what is your provider? If it's tmobile how did you get it to work?? I heard it's impossible to work on tmobile.

Thanks

Notice no proof was given on how he achieved this. It's a bunch of bull. Right now the only FaceTime working is with official carriers like AT&T.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Default FaceTime by CelebFoolery?
    anybody brave enough to install this?
    Twitter / Celebfoolery: Please add cydia source ht ...

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonFong View Post
    anybody brave enough to install this?
    Twitter / Celebfoolery: Please add cydia source ht ...
    Heres what I've determined in terms of the celebfoolery "fix"

Eli used trial and error to determine which package he needed to enable on his T-Mobile account to activate FaceTime and successfully send the registration messages. Each plan some how has its own APN and Gateway, and he believes the Smartphone package is the one that works, as it has helped him and several of his friends.

Once he had this information, he needed a way to share it, but also benefit from the situation. He created the app, which I can confirm does nothing except email you instructions. The purpose behind the app is to make it appear to the novice user that something is occurring that makes your device compatible with FaceTime. However, when you look through the code, it is clear as day, nothing happens in the app except an email is sent to your device. Look back a few posts to see how it uses a web address to fake "activate" you.

Through the email, he is able to provide you with instructions (which are simple - add the Smartphone package) as well as advertise his product. Again, to the regular user, they will believe that the email is the final piece of the puzzle. However, in reality, it is actually the first piece of the puzzle.

I kind of understand his position - if I discovered the way to enable FaceTime, I'd want to some how keep my name attached to its success, and this little "app" does that.

So, just to reiterate, the app does nothing except send you an email, which tells you nothing more than to add the "Smartphone Data Plan" to your account, and then wait up to 24 hours with FaceTime enabled.

Let me know if you have success adding this package to your account.

Is this a problem with Jailbroken non-factory unlocked phones only?
    My facetime is working on t-mobile US but the phone is factory unlocked that I ordered on launch day from the UK. It worked both before and after the jailbreak although it took a long time to activate the facetime service, probably a couple of days but it's working fine. I can both place and receive facetime calls.

As far as my t-mobile service goes, I have texting (which your phone needs to send/recv the activation msg) and the 2.99/mo t-zones plan which was grandfathered in from a long time ago. Facetime was active before I even turned on MMS so you don't need that even though I've heard some people say you do.
    Last edited by mmike70; 08-14-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmike70 View Post
    Is this a problem with Jailbroken non-factory unlocked phones only?
    My facetime is working on t-mobile US but the phone is factory unlocked that I ordered on launch day from the UK. It worked both before and after the jailbreak although it took a long time to activate the facetime service, probably a couple of days but it's working fine. I can both place and receive facetime calls.

As far as my t-mobile service goes, I have texting (which your phone needs to send/recv the activation msg) and the 2.99/mo t-zones plan which was grandfathered in from a long time ago. Facetime was active before I even turned on MMS so you don't need that even though I've heard some people say you do.
    Have you checked to see if you have been getting international text charges on your tmobile bill?

I have been on 3 separate occasions. The first was when the phone was new, second time was the upgrade to 4.0.1 and third was around the jailbreak, I had to restore again to 4.0.1 before jailbreakme worked. Each time I see 3 or 4 outbound msgs classified as "Short Message Originating International" to 447786205094 so I've been charged like $2. The outgoing txts stopped once I received an incoming message from 447785016005. I can make facetime calls without these txts going out so it looks like it's true that once it's activated, all you need is wifi.

So what's happening to these ATT US phones is that it's trying to SMS a number that can only be reached on AT&T's network?

Quote Originally Posted by mmike70 View Post
    I have been on 3 separate occasions. The first was when the phone was new, second time was the upgrade to 4.0.1 and third was around the jailbreak, I had to restore again to 4.0.1 before jailbreakme worked. Each time I see 3 or 4 outbound msgs classified as "Short Message Originating International" to 447786205094 so I've been charged like $2. The outgoing txts stopped once I received an incoming message from 447785016005. I can make facetime calls without these txts going out so it looks like it's true that once it's activated, all you need is wifi.

So what's happening to these ATT US phones is that it's trying to SMS a number that can only be reached on AT&T's network?
    You can change the gateway # no matter what but they are going to the same # you just mentioned like mine 447786205094 but I have 8-9$ in charges and it never activated but I haven't really left it on all day because it would just keep charging me for every outbound text, incoming are free. What are your carrier settings set to like data and mms?

Have you rebooted the phone and it still stays activated?
    Last edited by alpineflip; 08-14-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast