Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally MMS works for my iPhone 4 FW 4.0.1 (T-Mobile) !!!

Default Finally MMS works for my iPhone 4 FW 4.0.1 (T-Mobile) !!!
    Hi there,

As I have tried to figure MMS issue on iPhone 4 (T-Mobile running on FW 4.0.1) for more than a week, finally I got it works!!!!

It may be pretty much the same as familiar tutorial, but there is a difference when you "reboot" your iPhone 4

(before doing anything, try to remove sinful source (if you already have it)

1) add source sinfuliphonerepo. c o m on your cydia
    2) find out T-mobile MMS fix for iOS 4 in such source and install it
    3) cydia will force you to reboot device. after that, go to settings-general-network

what you have to do is turn on "cellular data" tab, leave "data roaming off". Then go to cellular data network --->

Cellular Data
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    The rest: leave as blank

MMS
    The rest: Leave it as it is

***NOW, COMPLETELY TURN OFF YOUR IPHONE 4*** do not use reboot or turn off by using sbsettings. This is the step that made me not accomplish.

Just simply hold power button and slide to turn off. wait for 30 seconds, and turn it on again.

now trying to MMS yourself.

I don't know whether it will work for others, but at least, lets try.

P.S. I don't have any data plan with T-Mobile. What I have with them is 1000 family minutes talk and 4.99$ for 300 domestic messages.
    Last edited by charuzzi; 08-09-2010 at 08:48 AM.

worked for me..thanx

Quote Originally Posted by charuzzi View Post
    Hi there,

As I have tried to figure MMS issue on iPhone 4 (T-Mobile running on FW 4.0.1) for more than a week, finally I got it works!!!!

It may be pretty much the same as familiar tutorial, but there is a difference when you "reboot" your iPhone 4

(before doing anything, try to remove sinful source (if you already have it)

1) add source sinfuliphonerepo. c o m on your cydia
    2) find out T-mobile MMS fix for iOS 4 in such source and install it
    3) cydia will force you to reboot device. after that, go to settings-general-network

what you have to do is turn on "cellular data" tab, leave "data roaming off". Then go to cellular data network --->

Cellular Data
    The rest: leave as blank

MMS
    The rest: Leave it as it is

***NOW, COMPLETELY TURN OFF YOUR IPHONE 4*** do not use reboot or turn off by using sbsettings. This is the step that made me not accomplish.

Just simply hold power button and slide to turn off. wait for 30 seconds, and turn it on again.

now trying to MMS yourself.

I don't know whether it will work for others, but at least, lets try.

P.S. I don't have any data plan with T-Mobile. What I have with them is 1000 family minutes talk and 4.99$ for 300 domestic messages.
    Sinful iPhone is a cracked app repo. Not allowed on these forums.

The plist override (which is what the sinful package is) in the sticky at the top "iOS 4 MMS fix" has worked since the unlock came out. On 4.0.1 and 4.0. This isn't anything new. Please read the threads.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 08-09-2010 at 12:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Sinful iPhone is a cracked app repo. Not allowed on these forums.

The plist override (which is what the sinful package is) in the sticky at the top "iOS 4 MMS fix" has worked since the unlock came out. On 4.0.1 and 4.0. This isn't anything new. Please read the threads.
    sinful isn't 100% cracked apps (probably 99.9%), so talk about this topic appears to currently be allowed. (mods, correct me if i'm wrong here, but i haven't seen any mods stopping this MMS discussion.)

the plist override in the sticky does not work for a lot of people, however, the sinful one does and is not a cracked or illegal app. therefore, there is something different there than in the leimobile version. this is the ONLY way i could get MMS to work on my 3Gs after trying every single thing in every forum of MMi.
    Last edited by allicatmeow; 08-09-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    sinful isn't 100% cracked apps (probably 99.9%), so talk about this topic appears to currently be allowed. (mods, correct me if i'm wrong here, but i haven't seen any mods stopping this MMS discussion.)

the plist override in the sticky does not work for a lot of people, however, the sinful one does and is not a cracked or illegal app. therefore, there is something different there than in the leimobile version. this is the ONLY way i could get MMS to work on my 3Gs after trying every single thing in every forum of MMi.
    Haha. The sinful iPhone package IS the plist override from the sticky!

Does the sinful fix still work if you reboot your iphone? I did the sticky fix and if you reboot your iphone, you have to eject the simcard and reinsert it for mms to work again.. does the sinful fix do this too?

Quote Originally Posted by AznDragonV View Post
    Does the sinful fix still work if you reboot your iphone? I did the sticky fix and if you reboot your iphone, you have to eject the simcard and reinsert it for mms to work again.. does the sinful fix do this too?
    The plist fix (sinful fix) does not require you to eject your sim card after reboot. You can reboot all day long and you will keep MMS functionality.

Thanks

Haha. The sinful iPhone package IS the plist override from the sticky!
    then explain why the plist override didn't work, nor did the leimobile package, but the sinful one did?

doesn't work for me because I cannot get the cellular data tab to let me do anything except turn it off or on.

then explain why the plist override didn't work, nor did the leimobile package, but the sinful one did?
    User error. I assume many people can't get these fixes working because they don't enter in, or mistype APNs for MMS and internet.

LEI Mobile | Tag archive for MMS FIX

Look towards the bottom. The LEI mobile fix is the plist override. "You can download the file here until we get our cydia source up." Sinful is painfully notorious for renaming a package and distro'ing it under their repo. You can't expect much integrity from a cracked apps repo/forum. Anyway. If you decompress the .deb for the sinful "fix"….surprise. It injects the same settings into the override plist. It's just an automated version, man. I had run into the plist fix not working when you have your phone plugged in during reboot after you had overwritten the old plist. That could be the variable. Either way, they're all the same fix. There is a breadth of useful information available to users of ANY level here. But when you see new posters asking "how do I edit a plist?" or "what's SSH?", you have to attribute a lot of this to user error. So it's not ironic that the automated package worked, but the manually navigated fix did not.

Just to clarify. Unpack the .deb and you'll see the sinful package overwrites /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist with this info:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict>
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</string>
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>1048576</integer>
    <key>MaxRecipients</key>
    <integer>10</integer>
    <key>MaxVideoBitrate</key>
    <integer>131072</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:8080</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

As you can see, this is the same as the LEI fix. Which is the same as the plist overwrite found in the sticky. They all overwrite com.apple.mms_override.plist. There is no difference.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 08-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks

User error. I assume many people can't get these fixes working because they don't enter in, or mistype APNs for MMS and internet.

LEI Mobile | Tag archive for MMS FIX

Look towards the bottom. The LEI mobile fix is the plist override. "You can download the file here until we get our cydia source up." Sinful is painfully notorious for renaming a package and distro'ing it under their repo. You can't expect much integrity from a cracked apps repo/forum. Anyway. If you decompress the .deb for the sinful "fix".surprise. It injects the same settings into the override plist. It's just an automated version, man. I had run into the plist fix not working when you have your phone plugged in during reboot after you had overwritten the old plist. That could be the variable. Either way, they're all the same fix. There is a breadth of useful information available to users of ANY level here. But when you see new posters asking "how do I edit a plist?" or "what's SSH?", you have to attribute a lot of this to user error. So it's not ironic that the automated package worked, but the manually navigated fix did not.

Just to clarify. Unpack the .deb and you'll see the sinful package overwrites /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mms_override.plist with this info:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict>
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</string>
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>1048576</integer>
    <key>MaxRecipients</key>
    <integer>10</integer>
    <key>MaxVideoBitrate</key>
    <integer>131072</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:8080</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

As you can see, this is the same as the LEI fix. Which is the same as the plist overwrite found in the sticky. They all overwrite com.apple.mms_override.plist. There is no difference.
    the LEI and the SINFUL fixes may load differently or something because i loaded both and only sinful worked. wasn't any user error in my manual input. i'm not the only one that has had this issue either.

the LEI and the SINFUL fixes may load differently or something because i loaded both and only sinful worked. wasn't any user error in my manual input. i'm not the only one that has had this issue either.
    Strange. Well, conceptually, they're the same fix. Why the variance? Not sure. All that matters is you, and those in your situation, have gotten it figured out. Tons of options! That's the best part about this site.