+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hm, the bundles link still seems to be dead. Anyway to update them? Also do you have the iOS 4.1 T-Mobile carrier bundles?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, the bundles link still seems to be dead. Anyway to update them? Also do you have the iOS 4.1 T-Mobile carrier bundles?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Links updated to include all versions of ippc! enjoy !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nnguyen04 For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (05-07-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

25$ for someone to help me do this!!:

25$ to Help me Get iPhone 4 Working with T-mobile (ASAP)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its not that hard -.-

Green Apple
    Thanks

the carrier bundles link page is down. Just a heads up to whoever runs it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question. Alot of people are obviously missing tmobile_us in unknown. Bundles.... Including me. If I do this for an iPhone 3G 4.2.1 unlocked on tmibile... Would this allow me to now change the tmobile carrier logo by just swapping out the . Png files???? Help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian3head View Post
    Question. Alot of people are obviously missing tmobile_us in unknown. Bundles.... Including me. If I do this for an iPhone 3G 4.2.1 unlocked on tmibile... Would this allow me to now change the tmobile carrier logo by just swapping out the . Png files???? Help
    The first page of this thread recommends using a tmobile mms patch for a 3g phone (oops...no it doesn't, it used to...try the patches though, they work). The logo question is for another thread. You may be able to just download one off of cydia...if not search for Carrier logo in the forums.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a bundle for o2 in the USA? I use 02 & tmobile with a dual sim adapter.

& would I be able to use carrier logos by switching . Png files after I patch commcenter on 4.2.1 and add the correct bundles?

IPhone 3G 16gb white
    Jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4
    Unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.2 on iPad baseband
    Used with T-Mobile & O2 via dual sim adapter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian3head View Post
    Is there a bundle for o2 in the USA? I use 02 & tmobile with a dual sim adapter.

& would I be able to use carrier logos by switching . Png files after I patch commcenter on 4.2.1 and add the correct bundles?

IPhone 3G 16gb white
    Jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4
    Unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.2 on iPad baseband
    Used with T-Mobile & O2 via dual sim adapter.
    I haven't been able to use a custom carrier logo with spooky's bundle since iOS 4.1. I got it to work in 4.0.2, but can't anymore unfortunately. I like the tmobile logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    I haven't been able to use a custom carrier logo with spooky's bundle since iOS 4.1. I got it to work in 4.0.2, but can't anymore unfortunately. I like the tmobile logo
    So basically this won't work on 4.2.1 or atleast hasn't been figured out...

But it will work on 4.1?

I've been considering downgrading back to 3.1.3 .. So if I do would it be easier to add carrier logos with that os? Maybe without a patch...

I just really like 4.x folders and the ability to keep it more updated and the 4.2.1 speed is decent compaired to earlier 4.x finwares..

Thanks in advance.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

4.2.1 link broken pls fix thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The carrier bundles can be found on spookyET's blog 140 Characters Are Not Enough • T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle
    or on this forum T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I've tried the patch but i'm still having problems with mms. incoming messages come in but i don't get a picture, just a blank screen. i'm using the legacy ipcc on 4.21 with greenpoison jb and gevey sim for unlock. anyone with gevey tried this yet?
    Also i installed wortel's patch thru cydia before installing the ipcc. After install, should the mms settings be there already or do i still have to type them in?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have tried all the different T-Mobile bundles in the back. I have used iFile to install the deb file, I also unpacked the deb file with iFile. I've tried a bunch of different reboot methods and sim ejections and nothing seems to work. Every time I reboot my phone I either have no data connection and can send SMS to people or I have a data and SMS connection but I also have a voice-mail when there really isn't one on there. Sometimes ejecting the sim works to get the data an SMS working but I still have the fake voice-mail. Lol. I know that if I have a voice-mail I will have SMS and data working. Nothing has solved the MMS issue. I have been able to get pictures from other people also. I went into the settings for the network but that line is gone for the data options. It seems that Supreme Preferences is no longer available. I thought that might actually save my sanity. Here is what I have

iPhone 4
    iOS: 4.2.1
    Baseband: 01.59.00
    Carrier now says: T-Mobile 9.0
    T-Mobile Plan: Unlimited Loyalty for Families
    Unlimited whenever minutes®
    Unlimited weekend minutes
    Unlimited weeknight minutes
    Services
    FT Unlimited Msg
    REQ SmrtPh Web Only Unl

I've seen people mention just to re-jailbreak and unlock you phone but I have never done that. I've always paid someone because I have no clue ever what software to run. I wish I could go back to iOS 4.0. Anyone have any clue how I can fix any of this? Thanks for any reply's.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the same set up as you and had the same problem. I finally went and got a new sim card like they said and it worked finally. Data and mms work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mmracing1981 For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (05-07-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmracing1981 View Post
    I had the same set up as you and had the same problem. I finally went and got a new sim card like they said and it worked finally. Data and mms work
    I thought it was the sim also but I replaced that on Friday

By the way, which bundle did you end up using for that data plan?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks

So as of today I can send and receive MMS and am able to use the Edge network with out any issues. Here are my settings.

I installed the Comm Center patch as per the instructions. I installed the T-mobile standard from the bundle per the instructions.

My network data line was not there and I wanted to change my settings so I installed the TetherMe that was on Cydia and was able to change my settings. this was the last thing I did by the way.

iPhone 4
    iOS: 4.2.1
    Base Band: 01.59.00
    Comm Bundle: Standard T-Mobile (I have the Unlimited Loyalty for Families plan)
    Carrier Still Says: T-Mobile 9.0
    Data Roaming: Off
    Cellular Data
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    User: Blank
    Password: Blank

MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    User: Blank
    Password: Blank
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapanc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max: 1048576
    MMS UA: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

So I'm not sure what fixed it but when I installed the TetherMe I was able to see my data line and added the correct settings and now I'm all good. I'm scared to restart my phone now though. Lol.

One thing though that I still have to resolve is that I have a notification that I have a voice mail but nothing is in my voice mail box. That is the next Google search unless someone knows a fix for this also.

Thanks for all the input in this thread.

Edit

If you have a voice mail notification like I did just leave yourself a voice mail and then call back and listen to it and delete it and you should be good to go.

When I got home today I tried to send a MMS but it never went through. I called T-Mobile and they asked me to change my settings to the ones listed below. I can't though, when I go to remove them the just auto fill with the same values. I'm going to keep them as they are since everything works in other places. I looked at my coverage at my house and it's 2G. I'm guessing that's while I'm not getting my MMS's out. Let me know what you think. Here are the settings they told me to put in. I'm not sure why the ones in red are supposed to be blank though.

1. Verify that Wi-Fi is turned off.
    2. Go to the Main screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap General.
    5. Tap Network.
    6. Tap Cellular Data Network.
    7. Enter the following information under the MMS section.
    8. For the APN field enter epc.tmobile.com
    9. Leave the Username field blank.
    10. Leave the Password field blank.
    11. For the MMSC field enter http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    12. Leave the MMS Proxy field blank
    13. Leave the MMS Max Message Size field blank.
    14. Leave the MMS UA Prof URL field blank.
    15. Press the Home button to return to the Main Menu.
    16. Power cycle the handset.
    17. Test MMS functionality.
    Last edited by Fr3shJ1v3; 05-09-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

facetime doesn't seem working for me... after i did those i see facetime on your phone # will be sharing when using facetime than after a few minutes not sure why but it gone it say waiting for activation.
    Anyone know why? how to fix it am using t-mobile iphone 4 v4.0.2 baseband 1.59.0

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567