+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by alpineflip Get a new SIM card, I had the same issue no longer have to do that. My previous sim card wasn't that old but I no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    Get a new SIM card, I had the same issue no longer have to do that. My previous sim card wasn't that old but I no longer have to eject my sim on both my i4's works every time on reboot. I think I posted all the different T-Mobile sims I tried and which worked for me it's probably a few pages back
    Thanks alpineflip.

I just picked up a new SIM card last Friday, but I don't have the numbers that were printed on the card as I already cut it down to size before seeing your post.

Did the T-Mobile rep let you look at the card before activating it? The CSR that helped me just pulled one out of a drawer and activated it. Also, did T-Mobile charge you for the SIM card? I wasn't charged but I had heard that the charge could be $15.

Thanks again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
    Patch CommCenter & Enable Carrier Bundles

Okay this works perfectly for me and many of the other iPhone4 I did. Works thanks to wortel & Spookyet

1. Reset network setting / reboot
    2. SSH your phone to var/mobile/ - place wortel commcenter patch in there
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    3. install it via mobileterminal or iFile( i use ifile) "dpkg -i xxxx.deb"
    just use ifile it much simpler haha
    4. Enable plist editing by running
    command promopt -> C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    5. Install T-Mobile Bundles ( i use legacy since i use web2go and most compilable with MMS from all phones)
    t-mobile_us_ios4_1.1.1.ipcc.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    6. Connect iphone4 -> itunes -> shift + check for updates --> choose the carrier bundles you want
    7. reboot iphone4 -> take out sim --> place back in --> wait for signal

EDGE WORKS 100% MMS works 100%
    Thanks again spooket and wortel!!
    Once again this is for iPhone4 only
    for iPhone3GS/3G easiest solution is to just use sinfuliphonerepo "tmo is04 mms fix" - that works 100%

TO FIX THE EDGE/MMS NOT WORKING AFTER REBOOT - JUST GO TO YOUR T-MOBILE STORE AND GET A NEWER SIM CARD - THE SLIMMER ONE WORKS THE BEST! - tried it and rebooted 5 times - edge/mms still works 100% - seem like i got better signal too! lol.

Can someone redo this for windows, it seems I am getting lost, on the .deb package thing, when I install it on my phone I get error 256, and tried to run the plist editior, and it did nothing.. said invalid task
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    Can someone redo this for windows, it seems I am getting lost, on the .deb package thing, when I install it on my phone I get error 256, and tried to run the plist editior, and it did nothing.. said invalid task
    Just add:
    cydia.iphonemod.com.br

To your Curia sources, the patch is in the source. All you have to do is install it via cydia and reboot.

Thanks

So do I need to start on these steps after I install that from Cydia?

4. Enable plist editing by running
    command promopt -> C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    5. Install T-Mobile Bundles ( i use legacy since i use web2go and most compilable with MMS from all phones)
    t-mobile_us_ios4_1.1.1.ipcc.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    6. Connect iphone4 -> itunes -> shift + check for updates --> choose the carrier bundles you want
    7. reboot iphone4 -> take out sim --> place back in --> wait for signal

EDGE WORKS 100% MMS works 100%
    Thanks again spooket and wortel!!
    Once again this is for iPhone4 only
    for iPhone3GS/3G easiest solution is to just use sinfuliphonerepo "tmo is04 mms fix" - that works 100%

Thanks

Once you have the commcenter patch installed you need to find out exactly what .ipcc bundle you need to use for you cellular plan.

See this thread:
    T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Download the bundles then open the readme and follow the instructions on how to enable carrier bundle updates via iTunes.

Then "Shift+Click" Update in iTunes and point it to the .ipcc you determined you need to use based on you Cellular plan.

Then do a reboot for good measures. Keep in mind a lot of people need to eject and re-insert their SIM card to get MMS to work after a Reboot

Thanks

I assume Legacy bundle, my current plan is the Samsung Galaxy S Plan, (awesome phone btw). As for restoring/ updating, I cannot do it, because my SHSH blobs are only for 4.1, my current phone is 4.0

Thanks

You won't have to do an actual "Update". If you hold down the shift key wile pressing Update in iTunes you will get a the file browsing window that let's you navigate to the .ipcc file you need to use. Think if it as a Carrier update, not a firmware update

Thanks

Oh, very nice! For the moment I cannot access my cellular data network settings on my phone, like the menu isnt there. I tried APN enable, and it didnt do a thing..

when I tried to install the patch, it stated it was for 4.0.1 only, and I cannot install, Is there a way I can update to 4.0.1 with my current SHSH being saved at 4.0
    Last edited by dykzebr; 09-29-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    Oh, very nice! For the moment I cannot access my cellular data network settings on my phone, like the menu isnt there. I tried APN enable, and it didnt do a thing..

when I tried to install the patch, it stated it was for 4.0.1 only, and I cannot install, Is there a way I can update to 4.0.1 with my current SHSH being saved at 4.0
    Strange. I guess I never tried it at 4.0, are you sure? What tells you it's for 4.0.1 only.

No, I'm pretty sure you can not update to 4.0.1 with only 4.0 shsh blobs on file but I could be wrong. Read around to see what you can find.

Thanks

When I browse in SHIFT + Update, it doesnt show a file available to select,it ends in ipcc, and the file name is the same.. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

^^ Did you follow the instructions in the readme file to enable the the carrier bundle updates that where in the download?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

links updated for 4.1 ! works great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes! The first time MMS has worked on my 4 since I got it. Thanks wortel and spooky!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

should the carrier still say carrier 8.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

ok just did this but the command line for itunes will nto work for me.

so i just opened itunes normly

i amm on windoes 7 ultimate.

But did everythign else

What is sappost to happen next?

Thanks

Uh...any reason I have to pull my sim and reinsert to make this work. First send is always successful but subsequent ones are not??

Green Apple
    Thanks

The first time I did this, I restored my iPhone from an update o stead of start from new. And u had to reinsert my aim everytime my phone was rebooted. I have since restored and started from new and this works great.

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
    links updated for 4.1 ! works great!
    So the new wortel patch u posted works for 4.0 through 4.1? So if u update to 4.1 would I just need to install the new patch? And that's it? Or...?
    Last edited by AznDragonV; 10-11-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like alot of work

Thanks

My install was fresh and I still had the sim issue...I did realize that I hadn't reset network settings...I did that and so far it's still working. Hope it stays that way. AznDragon is right though...I bought my 4 off craigslist and whoever had it before had tried mms tweaks. The commcenter patch plus spooky bundle wouldn't work at all. Virgin installs are best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AznDragonV View Post
    The first time I did this, I restored my iPhone from an update o stead of start from new. And u had to reinsert my aim everytime my phone was rebooted. I have since restored and started from new and this works great.

So the new wortel patch u posted works for 4.0 through 4.1? So if u update to 4.1 would I just need to install the new patch? And that's it? Or...?
    lol is this Taha? it's andy foo from kf and uofh.