+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
updated original thread.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

updated original thread.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chityuulay View Post
    i did , and i did everything from the readme file. still i can't choose ipcc file.
    Did you enter the command in the run box? If you did you should be able to select the drop down box and select ipcc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea finally it works i can patched it now. i used different computer, i guess my computer has problem. and yes i can confirm this method works. i have both working mms and edge now i have web2go plan, which i just added. thank you all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this? I have an iphone 4 running on Tmobile, everything works great except I can't receive mms. I would like to correct this and it sounds like this solution works, but I have no idea how to ssh my phone or what that even means.

Any help you guys can give to a newbie?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacked93 View Post
    I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this? I have an iphone 4 running on Tmobile, everything works great except I can't receive mms. I would like to correct this and it sounds like this solution works, but I have no idea how to ssh my phone or what that even means.

Any help you guys can give to a newbie?
    you have cydia right? , then you don't need ssh , there is a package you can install. you have to find it. follow step by step this one, i can comfirm this works.
    Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles . for the step 1 , 2 and 3 is like i said instead of doing that, add the cydia.iphonemod.com.br then, there is a package in cydia, call commcenterNosig 4.01, install it then follow the rest from that link. good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chityuulay For This Useful Post:

jacked93 (08-31-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this patch help if my phone if my signal drops? My problem is that when I reboot my iPhone 4 ver. 4.0.1 the signal drops and I can't make or receive calls. I have to reboot it a few times and about 5 mins after everything my signal comes back. This happens all the time.

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the new tmobile sim card with the skinnier metal part. I still have to reinsert the sim every reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you walk me through step 4 to the end in a little more detail, especially step 4?

Thanks I really appreciate it, I just don't want to mess anything up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm so new here and not very technical. My internet and MMS aren't working. I'm in the same boat as Jacked93. I'd appreciate if you please please walk us through in details?

Edit: I got the step (1,2,3) package installed in cydia. Please walk me through step 4. How do I do this?
    4. Enable plist editing by running
    command promopt -> CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Thanks!
    Last edited by hubt; 08-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks

download spooky's carrier files. Inside the zip you will find the read me file with directions.

Pretty much you click start -> run and enter in the command (just copy paste).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I got README file. I followed the instructions for MAC. I found the terminal window but it has something like: newhost with my name after it. I copied and pasted the link but it won't work. And do I have to follow #4, I didn't get it to work. Someone please help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Chityuulay I did exactly what you said and now my MMS and Edge are up and working perfectly.

WOOOHOOO

I did notice that my network settings tab is now gone. Not sure why and I guess it doesn't matter since everything is working fine, just figured I would see if everyone else is getting that too.
    Last edited by jacked93; 08-31-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jacked93 - since you got yours to work, could you please help me as I'm so clueless from #4 to the end. I don't even know where to start or what I suppose to hit. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just download the files that they have linked in the first post and then read the readme file that is one of the files in the download. It will walk you through exactly what to do, its very easy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. Tried this, didn't work. then realized it was only for iphone 4 so installed the sinfuliphonerepo fix. WORKS. Thanks so much

Thanks

Anyone else getting an error trying to install the patch through the iphonemod repo??

Thanks

Yeah...nothing new...I had an iphone 3g, switched to a nexus one, then back to an iphone 4. Sometimes their servers go offline or crash apparently. My general experience is that when they aren't available they'll pop back up in a few days. Of course it's September 12 and not working for me either.

Thanks

I have iPhone 4 4.0.1 and with this step everything work 100%

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just another note to say thanks for the OP and those that have come up with this method.

I have an iPhone 4 and after trying all the other methods, this is the only one that has worked.

The only issue seems to be that after a reboot of the phone, I have to eject the SIM card and reinsert it for MMS to begin to work again.

iPhone 4
    iOS 4.0.1
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Zones $5.99
    Installed the t-zones.ipcc file

The Cellular Data tab is not present but that has not prevented from having access to the internet, SMS and MMS.

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gilbreen View Post
    Just another note to say thanks for the OP and those that have come up with this method.

I have an iPhone 4 and after trying all the other methods, this is the only one that has worked.

The only issue seems to be that after a reboot of the phone, I have to eject the SIM card and reinsert it for MMS to begin to work again.

iPhone 4
    iOS 4.0.1
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Zones $5.99
    Installed the t-zones.ipcc file

The Cellular Data tab is not present but that has not prevented from having access to the internet, SMS and MMS.

Thanks!
    Get a new SIM card, I had the same issue no longer have to do that. My previous sim card wasn't that old but I no longer have to eject my sim on both my i4's works every time on reboot. I think I posted all the different T-Mobile sims I tried and which worked for me it's probably a few pages back