+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 does not unlock 3G[S] Jailbroke 4.0.1

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am a windows user with an Iphone 3G[S] and T-mobile. I updated to 4.0.1, then jailbroke the phone with jailbreakme.com, then I installed ultrasn0w 1.0-1 from Cydia. The device
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 does not unlock 3G[S] Jailbroke 4.0.1
    I am a windows user with an Iphone 3G[S] and T-mobile. I updated to 4.0.1, then jailbroke the phone with jailbreakme.com, then I installed ultrasn0w 1.0-1 from Cydia. The device rebooted but it did not unlock the phone. Its still saying SIM locked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. No luck. Does anybody know a fix for this? Thanks...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdeldridge View Post
    I am a windows user with an Iphone 3G[S] and T-mobile. I updated to 4.0.1, then jailbroke the phone with jailbreakme.com, then I installed ultrasn0w 1.0-1 from Cydia. The device rebooted but it did not unlock the phone. Its still saying SIM locked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. No luck. Does anybody know a fix for this? Thanks...
    How was the phone activated? Jailbreakme does not activate so you need a legit carrier SIM to activate the phone which seams like is the problem or is there a sim pin on the phone (but I doubt its that never know)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I activated the phone with an AT&T SIM card when I was on 3.1.3. I upgraded to 4.0.1 with Itunes and when it was done it didn't ask for activation. Do I really need to put an AT&T SIM card in the phone and use then ultrasn0w? That wouldn't make any sense.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I activated the phone with an AT&T SIM card when I was on 3.1.3. I upgraded to 4.0.1 with Itunes and when it was done it didn't ask for activation. Do I really need to put an AT&T SIM card in the phone and use then ultrasn0w? That wouldn't make any sense.
    No not sure how it would handle on an upgrade compared to a full restore so can't say really (not sure of patched lockdownd gets transfered on an upgrade) but if you have one handy or can get one and restore, activate/jailbreak again it will probably work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I can certainly try. I don't have one handy but I can borrow someone's. Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Turn off 3g
    Just turn off 3g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feliu51 View Post
    Just turn off 3g
    3G is turned off. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Since you didnt need to activate, that presents a problem. When my phone did that, my unlock didnt work either.

You need to restore the phone. Make sure you also set the phone up as new. That ensures it is working off a clean slate and no 3rd party installations were carried over to interfere.

After restoring, youll then need to activate with your SIM as youll be stuck on the emergency call screen. Then try Ultrasn0w again. If the first reboot doesnt kick it up, reboot it again (without uninstalling and reinstalling). It took me 2 reboots to get ultrasn0w running right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Since you didnt need to activate, that presents a problem. When my phone did that, my unlock didnt work either.

You need to restore the phone. Make sure you also set the phone up as new. That ensures it is working off a clean slate and no 3rd party installations were carried over to interfere.

After restoring, youll then need to activate with your SIM as youll be stuck on the emergency call screen. Then try Ultrasn0w again. If the first reboot doesnt kick it up, reboot it again (without uninstalling and reinstalling). It took me 2 reboots to get ultrasn0w running right.
    Okay I'll try that. What exactly do you mean by reboot it again?

Thanks

Okay I'll try that. What exactly do you mean by reboot it again?
    You know how when you install Ultrasn0w, when it's done Cydia reboots your phone? Yeah if that first reboot doesn't get Ultrasn0w going, just reboot your phone again (turn your phone off then on again)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

K, that's what I thought. I'll give it go. Thanks...

Thanks

Let us know how that works out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

cdeldridge (08-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I Jailbroke and unlocked my 3gs. When you restore from iTunes, make sure you have put the at&t sim in iPhone and restore. After restore, Set it up as a new phone. Slide to jailbreak in jailbreakme.com, then unlock using ultrasn0w from cydia. Reboot after every major step is better. Put your t-mobile sim only at the end. Hope this helps.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mohanbu For This Useful Post:

cdeldridge (08-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info everyone got it working...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So u have to have an AT&T sim to get a 3g or 3gs unlocked. That is stupid but I will keep it in mind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cultgti View Post
    So u have to have an AT&T sim to get a 3g or 3gs unlocked. That is stupid but I will keep it in mind
    You need an official carrier SIM to activate, not unlock. That only applies under certain circumstances for 3G phones. Hacktivation via Redsn0w or PwnageTool bypasses activation on 3.1.x and iOS 4 on a 3G. Only tools like Spirit and jailbreakme require the SIM.

On a 3GS on iOS 4 does require the SIM to activate before jailbreak. On 3.1.3 Spirit will require official SIM.

And so on...