Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.01 jailbreakme question

Default 4.01 jailbreakme question
    Right now i am running tmobile 3.1.2 iphone 3g jailbroken and unlocked with blacksn0w. I was thinking about updating to 4.0.1 and jb with jailbreakme.com because it seems to be the most stable jailbreak right now. I just wanted to see before I restored my phone if anyone has had any jb issues or ANY ISSUES AT ALL WITH UNLOCKING OR INTERNET ACCESS.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Branew17; 08-03-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Well, sounds like you need to be unlocked which isn't supposed to release until later this week. So you may wanna hold off

I dunno about any jailbreak issues, but don't listen to phatcamaro about no unlock solution out yet.

(In case u don't know how to unlock)After ur iPhone's jailbroken...open cydia...search 4 ultrasn0w...install it...and I believe u'll need 2 restart after it's done.

i had the same question im jb and unlock on 4.0 but the reason iam is because i have old modem firmware....now if u update to 4.0.1 won't the modem firmware be upgraded? which means the unlock wont work? am i right? i would be able jailbreak if update to 4.0.1 but i dont think is possible to unlock ?

Yes, the modem firmware will be updated to 05.13.04, but it doesn't matter because Ultrasn0w can still unlock it since your device is a 3GS. I just installed it earlier this morning on my 3GS.

The Ultras0w that's being released either today or tomorrow is specifically for the iPhone 4.

Dude...u can unlock all modem firmwares(even the newest 1 from 4.0.1) now using ultrasn0w.

U can double check if u like by searching 4 ultrasn0w in cydia and c the listed unlockable modem firmwares within ultrasn0w's details.

i upgraded my 3g from 3.1.2 blacksn0w to 4.0.1 jailbreakme.com
    installed ultrasnow and legacy bundle from cydia for my web2go plan
    but my internet is not working on edge now. i reset the network and reinstalled legacy bundle but still not working. do i have the wrong carrier bundle for web2go?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wat about activation after u update to the new firmware? I'm stuck at the activation and can't do anything about it. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
     Think Different

ive always had an extra att sim laying around or use a friends it only takes a min

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

man I wish it was that easy like this to activate the phone like while back.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Activate and Jailbreak Your OTB 1.1.2 iPhone
     Think Different