+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Doctor + 2G 3.1.3 iPhone doesn't work

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I restored my 2g to 3.1.3, found out Push doesn't work, installed Push Doctor, and it still doesn't "Push" email to my phone. Push definitely worked on 3.1.2 though. Any
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Push Doctor + 2G 3.1.3 iPhone doesn't work
    I restored my 2g to 3.1.3, found out Push doesn't work, installed Push Doctor, and it still doesn't "Push" email to my phone.

Push definitely worked on 3.1.2 though.

Any solutions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hard reset your phone. Made mine work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (08-28-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude...goto settings>mail>fetch new data and turn it on and poof...u got push email...LoL.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
    Dude...goto settings>mail>fetch new data and turn it on and poof...u got push email...LoL.
    No, that doesn't really push e-mail to your phone. Also, that wouldn't enable push for any other app like Facebook or Twitter
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dunno what's up wit ur iPhone...but it has pushed my email. Also...if push doctor isn't working then uninstall it...restart your iPhone...then finally reinstall. That should work.

adp
    Thanks

I dunno what's up wit ur iPhone...but it has pushed my email. Also...if push doctor isn't working then uninstall it...restart your iPhone...then finally reinstall. That should work.
    There's nothing wrong with my phone. The "push" only works when you are actively using your phone. But it doesn't do anything when it's on standby. I'm on 3G so it should be faster than T-mobile.

Try sending an e-mail to yourself from your computer while your phone is on standby (screen locked). If your phone was really "pushing" e-mail, you will get an immediate notification. If it takes any longer than that, then it's just fetching e-mail. Unless you are using an official exchange server (similar to what blackberry phones run in businesses).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well...I believe that's how most iPhone's work..."fetching" that is. I mean even the option is called FETCH new data...LoL.

adp
    Thanks

Well...I believe that's how most iPhone's work..."fetching" that is. I mean even the option is called FETCH new data...LoL.

Well you just contradicted yourself. There's a big difference between fetch and push.

When you fetch, your phone checks your inbox for new e-mails. It checks every 15 minutes or whatever time period you state. When using PUSH, the e-mails are PUSHED to your phone by the server. This means that the server will send information TO your phone immediately after the e-mail is sent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry...I just realized I was wrong. To turn on push emails...u have to goto settings>mail>fetch new data>turn on push.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I uninstalled Push doctor, installed PushFix, uninstalled PushFix, and reinstalled Push Doctor and now it seems to be working just fine.

Only except, Push doesn't work right away. I'll send an email to myself but it won't be pushed into my phone for maybe another 10 minutes or so...

Is this normal?

Thanks for all the responses btw =)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iphowned For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (08-28-2011)

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphowned View Post
    So I uninstalled Push doctor, installed PushFix, uninstalled PushFix, and reinstalled Push Doctor and now it seems to be working just fine.

Only except, Push doesn't work right away. I'll send an email to myself but it won't be pushed into my phone for maybe another 10 minutes or so...

Is this normal?

Thanks for all the responses btw =)
    The default mail app does NOT push e-mails to your phone (see my posts above for explanation). It only fetches e-mail. If you want a push notification you have to download one of many apps in the App Store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ^Can you recommend me a good Push app from the app store?

adp
    Thanks

There's a bunch. Most require some payment, those are the best. There's a free one for gmail. Go to the app store and search for "push email"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I found out about Google Sync. (Google Sync for your phone)

I've followed their instructions and now Push mail is instantaneous.

Thank you for your help though kind sir.