+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Interesting article for T-Mobile users...

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, I have just received an update on Twitter from @macTweeter, they mention this article: Code: http://www.cultofmac.com/iphone-is-coming-to-t-mobile-usa-in-q3-exclusive/39870 Sure there are rumors, but maybe they are starting to become true?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Interesting article for T-Mobile users...
    Hello all,

I have just received an update on Twitter from @macTweeter, they mention this article:

Code:
    http://www.cultofmac.com/iphone-is-coming-to-t-mobile-usa-in-q3-exclusive/39870

Sure there are rumors, but maybe they are starting to become true?

adp
    Thanks

The rumors have been there all along. Honestly, I don't think Apple would risk signing an agreement with T-mobile because of the low network capabilities. T-mobile USA is not ready for the data hogging iPhone on their 3G network. They would also have to release a "T-mobile" version iPhone, as the current iPhone 4 is not compatible with the T-mobile USA's 3G frequency.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wish they would, att gets no service in my area and I don't want to go back to veizon, mainly because of their prices and i like tmobiles customer service. I'm happy with them i just wish I could have a legit iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I use iPhone fine on my T-Mobile. I used it a lot only as a touch -- WiFi, but now I'm in a BT car, I'm using it as a phone too. I get data easily. All the apps I want. I have unlimited anytime/anywhere with T-M so I don't want to leave. Right now, I'm doing the $1.99 per MB data, and will evaluate whether it's cost effective to buy data plan or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wouldnt that be more expensive if you did the data plan like that where its per mb's?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Yes, I'm finding that so using it per MBs. I wanted to "test drive" to see if it would be worth it to use their data plan. What I have been doing quite satisfactorily, is I have used my iPhone without the SIM card, because it was lousy (IMO) telephony. I used an old phone attached to a wonderful speaker and clip-on microphone in both the car and at home. When I bought a BlueTooth capable car, the sound was/is terrific, so I switched from the old Motorola V330 to the iPHone. Jury is still out since I can find no adequate house/office speaker that integrates with iPhone. In the future, I believe, there will be a plethora of products that broadcast telephone calls in our homes. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine the cheapest data service to buy at T-Mobile and what it includes. So far, $30 seems minimum.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phineasboggs View Post
    Yes, I'm finding that so using it per MBs. I wanted to "test drive" to see if it would be worth it to use their data plan. What I have been doing quite satisfactorily, is I have used my iPhone without the SIM card, because it was lousy (IMO) telephony. I used an old phone attached to a wonderful speaker and clip-on microphone in both the car and at home. When I bought a BlueTooth capable car, the sound was/is terrific, so I switched from the old Motorola V330 to the iPHone. Jury is still out since I can find no adequate house/office speaker that integrates with iPhone. In the future, I believe, there will be a plethora of products that broadcast telephone calls in our homes. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine the cheapest data service to buy at T-Mobile and what it includes. So far, $30 seems minimum.

I'm currently on Web2go service, which is $19.99/month for UNLIMITED data and UNLIMITED sms/mms. Web2go is also available without sms for $9.99/month for just the UNLIMITED data. What you have to do though since they won't allow you to purchase this plan for use on the iPhone, you have to go on the website on your account and set your phone as another phone that has data capabilities, I for instance used the Shadow (MAKE SURE YOUR SIM CARD IS NOT IN ANY PHONE BECAUSE THE WEBSITE WILL AUTODETECT THE PHONE). Once you have any data phone selected, purchase the Web2go plan and mine was activated in less than an hour. I just added the internet2.voicestream.com APN to my iPhone settings, and the data works flawlessly.. I have been on this plan for almost a year now, and have never had any problems.

Hope this helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi can you please tell me how one adds the Internet2.voicestream.com to iPhone I'm just not sure what that means

adp
    Thanks

Go to settings, general, network, cellular data settings.

In the first line you'll see APN. Type in internet2.voicestream.com, leave password and username blank

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 3gs iPhone I currently use Tmobile will the 9.99 data plan work like the 30$ plan I mean will my iPhone have all access to the Internet or will it be limited like a phone like the shadow?

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poncepr13 View Post
    I have a 3gs iPhone I currently use Tmobile will the 9.99 data plan work like the 30$ plan I mean will my iPhone have all access to the Internet or will it be limited like a phone like the shadow?
    No, it will work with all apps. No restrictions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

poncepr13 (07-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Adp just want to say Thank You I followed the instructions and I am presently texting this message on my iPhone with my wifi off and my 9.99$ data is working I am online.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poncepr13 View Post
    Adp just want to say Thank You I followed the instructions and I am presently texting this message on my iPhone with my wifi off and my 9.99$ data is working I am online.
    Good to hear, you're welcome