Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help moving iPhone to TMobile

Question Need help moving iPhone to TMobile
    I have a 1 year old iphone 3GS that I've upgraded along the way to the current 4.01. It seems that if I want to use it on Tmobile that I have to somehow downgrade the phone first. I'm not sure if my prior upgrades are reversible or not, it always said it was backing up the phone, but I don't know where these image(s) might be located if they do exist, any advice?

Now I should be clear, I don't want the iphone on Tmobile with voice, data, text, etc. ALL I NEED IS VOICE. Yes I plan to give the phone to my 6 year old son and he just wants it to play games on and to call me with, therefore, I thought I might get a new Samsung Galaxy S phone as my primary phone and then get another SIM card for tmobile and put it into the iphone if it would allow him to make phone calls and put him on a shared plan with me.

Is this possible? What's the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks

Have you jailbroken your phone before and saved your SHSH blobs? If not, you'll have to wait until the new jailbreak is out.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well you probably need to unlock it to use it Tmobile.
    You need to speak to Tmobile to make your contract VOICE only thats not really something you can change on the phone... you can turn off data access but not text
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

View my response on this thread of yours.

Unlocking just for voice on Tmobile?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?