+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with 3gs

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I hope I am posting this in the right spot, if not I do apologize. I just bought a 3GS from a friend who had AT&T and upgraded to iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help with 3gs
    I hope I am posting this in the right spot, if not I do apologize.

I just bought a 3GS from a friend who had AT&T and upgraded to iPhone 4. This 3GS has been upgraded to iOS4 and never jailbroken.

It is at all possible to jailbreak the iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 if it has never been previously jailbroken? I have searched everywhere and I am not getting anywhere. It seems as if it is not possible to jailbreak it if it has never been previously jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

adp
    Thanks

It depends on what bootrom you have. Go here The Firmware Umbrella

download tinyumbrella and let us know. This will also backup your SHSH blobs, which will let you downgrade to 4.0 if you ever upragde to 4.0.1 or 4.1.

Basically, if you have the new bootrom, you won't be able to jailbreak until the new one comes out (anytime soon).
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    most likely not.. and if you have new bootrom you can but have to downgrade to 3.1.2 as i am using 3.1.2 3gs on new bootom 05.13.04

your just going to have to wait it out until they come with jailbreak for 4.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

you cannot if it has never been jailbroken before, regardless of what bootrom you have. you will have to wait for the devs to release the iOS4 jb.