Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g ios4 wifi not working doesnt show any network at all.

Default iphone 3g ios4 wifi not working doesnt show any network at all.
    i just got this phone and im new to most of this. the wifi just isnt working. i jailbroke it with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w. in order to unlock i had to add repo by using diskaid. it worked but now i really need wifi to use cydia to add tmobile carrier packages and other stuff. today i was sitting closer to the router and my network came up for a second but then went away. kept trying it and didnt work. tried other networks and still nothing do you guys think its a hardware issue or software. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_motta1989 For This Useful Post:

zeetonton (12-07-2010)

if you have an ATT sim

Restore the phone to stock 4.0, using the att sim the activate it (doesn't have to be active)

then test the wifi

If still nothing, its most likely a hardware issue.

(it helps to have a friend over or something with an iPhone to see if they can see your router, cuz its possible it could be that)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 07-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

mr_motta1989 (07-17-2010)

same here, first my wifi was grayed out, then i replaced the wifi chip thingy, then it found some and joined for like 2 seconds, and once in a while it wont find any at all, sometimes itdoes the grayed out no wifi thing again, basically if i get it to connect i try to update facebook and bam, no more wifi...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joshb2118 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    if you have an ATT sim

If still nothing, its most likely a hardware issue.

(it helps to have a friend over or something with an iPhone to see if they can see your router, cuz its possible it could be that)
    i have an ipod touch also and it picks up signal and so does my laptop, xbox, wii, psp, a second ipod touch, and still nothing. i am going to try restoring it like you said with att sim and see what happens if not i will try to change the wifi ribbon cable

Add lei repo in cydia it will add network settings and enamble mms and apn settings for tmobile after install reboot device

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrredwings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrredwings View Post
    Add lei repo in cydia it will add network settings and enamble mms and apn settings for tmobile after install reboot device
    how do i add it i dont have wifi and i dont know how to add repos without wifi unless i have some kind of instructions. in order to add the ulrasn0w repo i found it on youtube some guy added it through diskaid. kinda like ssh but using a usb cable if you didnt know. so if you know how let me know so i can add that repo any help would be appreciated since im kinda new to all this.

i also noticed that i have firmware 4.0.1 and it is still unlocked works fine except for wifi like i said. is this right that its unlocked even tho its on 4.0.1
    Last edited by mr_motta1989; 07-18-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try LEI Mobile | News and information on Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch they may have download that will work.so when you jailbroke and unlocked you were not on wifi connection? Cause you need to be on wifi

Leimobile.com
    Last edited by mrredwings; 07-18-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrredwings For This Useful Post:

mr_motta1989 (07-18-2010)

no i was not on wifi my wifi doesnt work . this is the instructional video i used- [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjRLwYuJloQ]YouTube - Install Ultrasn0w & Unlock iPhone without WiFi (Supports All 3.0 - 4.0.1 Firmwares)[/ame] i found it interesting cuz i thought you could also only unlock using wifi but i just searched and searched on youtube and found this. and about mms receive and send i added all manually reading various post on this forum and got it to work. now i just need a bit of help getting internet from tmobile i have the $20 ulimited text and web from tmobile i belive

Quote Originally Posted by joshb2118 View Post
    same here, first my wifi was grayed out, then i replaced the wifi chip thingy, then it found some and joined for like 2 seconds, and once in a while it wont find any at all, sometimes itdoes the grayed out no wifi thing again, basically if i get it to connect i try to update facebook and bam, no more wifi...
    if you ever do get your wifi to work let me know i might change out the wifi chip also and how hard is it ive only replaced a digitizer and lcd before
    Last edited by mr_motta1989; 07-18-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_motta1989 For This Useful Post:

blosky2001 (09-13-2010)

do you just need to data apn settings try epc.tmobile.com or internet2.voicestream .com or wap.voicestream .com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrredwings For This Useful Post:

thanks i will try some of those

i used wap.voicestream on both of apn settings data and mms sometimes they boyh need to be the same

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mrredwings For This Useful Post:

ok well i havnt tried it im still trying to resolve the wifi issue before i go any further

but using wap.voicestream wont it mess up mms because my mms works perfect right now with the settings i have

these are my current settings

Cellular Data

Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

Mms

Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    Last edited by mr_motta1989; 07-18-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you should be fine with that is your edge working then mabe go to cydia and reinstall ultrasn0w

Quote Originally Posted by mrredwings View Post
    you should be fine with that is your edge working then mabe go to cydia and reinstall ultrasn0w
    yes edge is working. i restored iphone activated phone and rejailbroke to see if wifi was fixed and wifi still does not work. everything else works fine