Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g speed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3g speed
    is there a way for me to get 3g speed for t-mobile when i surf the net? I'm paying approx 20.00 for their smart phone package plan, but it only give me edge speed.

Austin
    Last edited by has55; 07-15-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks

No. The iPhone can't use the bands that Tmo uses.

Thanks

Which is why (if you'd search) you'd read how many times I've said that it's not worth paying $20 for data when others get 3G speed and you don't. You need $9.99 web2go.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3g
    I guess I need to use my old phone to get the 9.99 data plan, then put my iphone on it. right now my iphone is register with them. I learning how to play in this game. Thanks for your help.

I saw above the 5.99 hack. Is that another type of program they offered and we just hack into it with the instruction that given?

Austin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by has55 View Post
    I guess I need to use my old phone to get the 9.99 data plan, then put my iphone on it. right now my iphone is register with them. I learning how to play in this game. Thanks for your help.

I saw above the 5.99 hack. Is that another type of program they offered and we just hack into it with the instruction that given?

Austin
    The 5.99 hack is no longer needed, but you can't get the t-zones plan anymore. You have to get web2go. Yes, you can do it by calling the way you mentioned, but it's easier if you log in to mytmobile.com and contact CS through chat and request it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you.

Austin

You don't even need to call them or chat to customer service. I just added it as a service on my phone through their website and they gave me the first month free.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the web2go plan for my samsung behold phone with one month plan, but when I use the net it displayed that I can't use this plan, I need to update. I called customer service and they said everything is a go on their side and I should wait for 4-5 days for tmobile to make the adjustment, even though I got a email, saying everything has been change. This was last friday. Am I been taking for a ride to get back on the high cost plan, which not going to happen. Any suggestion/

Thanks

What APN are you using?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here's my plan. What is the APN? Where is it located?

HENRY's plan Change plan
    Unlimited Loyalty
    Unlimited Whenever Minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes

Services on HENRY's lineChange services

In addition to the shared plan and services on this account (detailed above), this line also has the following services:
    Any 300 Domestic Messages
    Unlimited Web for phones

Thanks

Go to Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data Settings and enter "internet2.voicestream.com" in the APN, leave user& password blank. Then go back and make sure Data Roaming is ON and 3G is OFF

15. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

is this for the iphone or samsung? I have not move my sims card to the iphone, because I thought I had to get the services working on the samsung first, before I could get thewebtogo on my Iphone. Is this correct?

If this is for my iphone, I went to Go to Settings, General, Network. When I get to the network page I see listed is , enable 3g ( it off), cellular data ( it's on) Data roaming ( it's on) internet tethering ( it's off) VPN ( not connected) and wi-fi( has my password). There is no no APN for me to enter the above info. Is VPN the area that should receive this info.

On the VPN page it shows LTTP , PPTP, IPSEC.

The L2TP is highlighted in blue. Below it is
    description ( requiered)
    server ( required)
    account ( required)
    RSA SecurlD (off)
    Password (off)
    secret ( blank)
    send all traffic (on)

on the sansung , I see network, but it just let me choose tmobile or att. So I asume were talking about the phone and I need to get my sim card to it. Thanks for taking time to help me.

Austin

Thanks

Are you on iOS 4? You have to restore and re-jailbreak using redsn0w b5-5 as this will let you edit your APN settings. There's no other way around it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I placed the sim card in my iphone and the web is working and its fast. What I show u before, Is this the correct info for web2go or should it say web to go under "Services on HENRY's lineChange services".

Services on HENRY's lineChange services

In addition to the shared plan and services on this account (detailed above), this line also has the following services:
    Any 300 Domestic Messages
    Unlimited Web for phones

Thanks

Unlimited web for other phones = web2go

21. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (07-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for your quick answer and help. Well appreciated.

Austin

Thanks

No problem

24. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

has55 (08-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Have not been back with update. Apparently I was at home when I got that fast internet result. This was the result of my iphone connected to my verizon modem wirelessly. DUH! So now I get can't open the page by safari.

Ok, before I do this restore of red snow suggested by adp: " You have to restore and re-jailbreak using redsn0w b5-5 as this will let you edit your APN settings. There's no other way around it"

Did you mean VPN instead of APN? i see VPN in my networking section. If you mean VPN , which tab do I choose, L2TP, PPTP, IPSec?

Also my data roaming is off, should it be on?

Austin

ok. Ihad to go back into cydia to downloads some more packages and update chages. This created the apn info under cellular data. Do I add anything into MMS and tethering?

i found the apn after i completed downloading some more bundles features. type in internet2.voicestream.com, nothing in the username and password. cellular data on, data roaming on, internet tethering off, 3g off.when I launch google search for apple. i got subcriptyion upgrade required. your current plan is not compatible with this device. Please click here to veiw plan option. the link that this message is on: m.web2go.com/dsb/upgraderrequired/...

Is there something else I can do?

I found out I mispell one letter for the internet2 code. Now ir works fine. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by has55; 08-04-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost