+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who is getting an Iphone 4 when an unlock come out?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When the Iphone 4 came out I was not really looking to upgrade from my 3gs. But now that an unlock appears near i'm kinda gettin the itch for the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Who is getting an Iphone 4 when an unlock come out?
    When the Iphone 4 came out I was not really looking to upgrade from my 3gs. But now that an unlock appears near i'm kinda gettin the itch for the iphone 4. Maybe because it wasn't even possible for me to use on t mobile when it first came out my interest wasn't hiht. Not to worried about some of the issues hopefully everything will be ironed out if and when I decide to get one. What are all you tmo users going to do?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Already got it. i don't want an unlock just the JB.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

bought one already for my business line(Att), love it

going to buy another one (white) once the unlock is out for my personal line(tmobile)

as far as the "issues" go, my current i4 works great.

Thanks

For once I'm skipping this years iPhone. Ever since the leak I never really became fond of the new design. The retina display is simply beautiful (my friend has one) but beyond that I don't see much difference to my 3GS. Speeds aren't that noticeable compared to the huge leap that was from the 3G to the 3GS.

720p recording is decent at best, I have my Vado HD for recording at 720p so this isn't a big deal for me.

I'll only get a new iPhone once they announce a 64GB model. For now, I'm more than perfectly fine with mine. I've wasted way too much money on iPhones to constantly have myself upgrade.

Makes me wonder how the jailbreak/unlock will work for the i4, I haven't heard anything about it, but no bad news either. But I'm curious to know if it'll be tethered like the 3GS models with the new bootrom, if so, more of a reason why I'm sticking with my 3GS for now.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

adp
    Thanks

I went from the 3G to the i4 and it's the best phone I've seen. I've experienced the signal issues, but it's not enough to make me return the phone. I was planning on getting a case anyway, which will fix the problem.

Raiv3R, from what I've seen in planetbeing's video, it seems as it is an untethered jailbreak.

For all of you who are willing to spend extra $ for the officially unlocked phone, I would hold off until the unlock comes from the dev-team and see how that works. There's going to be a huge price difference if you buy off ebay/craigslist. Unless you live near the Canadian border...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    For once I'm skipping this years iPhone. Ever since the leak I never really became fond of the new design. The retina display is simply beautiful (my friend has one) but beyond that I don't see much difference to my 3GS. Speeds aren't that noticeable compared to the huge leap that was from the 3G to the 3GS.

720p recording is decent at best, I have my Vado HD for recording at 720p so this isn't a big deal for me.

I'll only get a new iPhone once they announce a 64GB model. For now, I'm more than perfectly fine with mine. I've wasted way too much money on iPhones to constantly have myself upgrade.

Makes me wonder how the jailbreak/unlock will work for the i4, I haven't heard anything about it, but no bad news either. But I'm curious to know if it'll be tethered like the 3GS models with the new bootrom, if so, more of a reason why I'm sticking with my 3GS for now.
    the jailbreak 100% will be untethered. the only reason the newer 3GS were tethered was because of the wait for the iPad. there's a chance there will be a mid cycle update for the i4, just like the 3GS last year

plus my i4's battery lasts twice as long as my 3GS(could be because my 3GS is a year old, or because it's j/b). the a4 processor and 512 mb's of ram makes the i4 simply amazing

but if you don't like the styling, there's no point in updating, it's not THAT much better than the 3GS.

Thanks

I'm gonna get one...wait , I already have one , nvm

Thanks
    I will be getting one, once the JB/Unlock is out and working.

Thanks

I am trying to be patient and wait for an Unlock/JB to be released for the iPhone 4, but at times it seems as if tomorrow never comes. I have T-Mobile too and probably will not buy one until the unlock is out and working. ....unless I find one for a good price to let sit and age until D-Team decides to release something. =/ sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Nothing is for free.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Idk, i'm still debating. I have to wait for the unlock because I have tmobile. ATT doesn't get service in my area at all so thats not an option, or else yea I would most likely have one such as some of you. The other issue i the price of them still being 700+ on ebay ouch. Not sure how I can swing that one to the wife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question regarding the iPhone 4 with T-mobile:

It appears the iPhone 4 uses mini-SIM cards while T-mobile uses the traditional larger sim cards. Would it be possible for T-mobile to issue mini-sim cards to their customers?

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iceet View Post
    I have a question regarding the iPhone 4 with T-mobile:

It appears the iPhone 4 uses mini-SIM cards while T-mobile uses the traditional larger sim cards. Would it be possible for T-mobile to issue mini-sim cards to their customers?
    No, you have to cut your current SIM card. There's many sites in google and even threads in this forum, so a search would help you

Green Apple
    Thanks

as far as I know you just need to trim it a lil bit. There are some tutorials for those who need to trim their sim cards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, will look that up now

Thanks

I'm waiting till the official unlocked i4's are released in Canada. I've decided I have waited long enough to upgrade since I am still in the "old" days with an unlocked 2G. So for me everything is a bonus pretty much. I've never had problems waiting to unlock new FW while the dev team does their thing, but an official unlock will be nice and convenient and I like that it should hold a higher resale value.
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Raiv3R, from what I've seen in planetbeing's video, it seems as it is an untethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    the jailbreak 100% will be untethered. the only reason the newer 3GS were tethered was because of the wait for the iPad. there's a chance there will be a mid cycle update for the i4, just like the 3GS last year

plus my i4's battery lasts twice as long as my 3GS(could be because my 3GS is a year old, or because it's j/b). the a4 processor and 512 mb's of ram makes the i4 simply amazing

but if you don't like the styling, there's no point in updating, it's not THAT much better than the 3GS.
    Damn guys, for some reason hearing that it won't be tethered just started to appeal to me, but I really really want to hold out this time

Whoa that sounds real nice too, twice the life? Dang. Another thing I didn't know about, my 3GS is still holding out really good. Much better than my 3G ever did. I can hold on and not charge it up for a whole day, even if I've played music/watched videos/made calls. On my 3G, this was a dangerous situation, usually just by the time I got out of class in the afternoon, I already had about 10% battery left. Haha.

As for the RAM, that sounds sweet. Yeah I read about the juicy updates on the processor and ram. Reason why this itsellf didn't convince me this time, was because I still never go below 60MB of RAM on my 3GS. On my 3G, It got DANGEROUS though, I was always at around 10MB haha. I'm sure once games and whatnot start utilizing the full power of the A4 we might start seeing a very similar trend in apps, such as it was with games for the 3G vs 3GS.

That display is simply sickkk, that's the main reason I want it. But I'm holding out for a bigger update, something I'll actually be using.

The progress in jailbreaking/unlocking iPhones has gotten so far from the first year the iPhone came out to now. Anyone remember having to do everything through terminal and fearing you'd mess it up?

Then on the 3G I remember waiting on the Dev-Team blog, like a little kid waiting for a present. Ah, such a good christmas that was. I remember before then I was using a damn turbosim that was nightmarish and NOT reliable at all haha.

Then I remember I thought the 3GS was not a big update, but once I had the chance to test one out, oh man I was surprised at how incredibly fast it was compared to a 3G, not to mention Cydia. I remember I bought one early in hopes that I would have a higher chance of being able to jailbreak it someday.

Well that day didn't take long at all, about three months later we already had an unlock/jailbreak.

Now I thought the i4 would be much tougher, but instead? Wow. Dev-Team, I love you guys. No homo.

Whoa dang, sorry for the long post.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    Damn guys, for some reason hearing that it won't be tethered just started to appeal to me, but I really really want to hold out this time

Whoa that sounds real nice too, twice the life? Dang. Another thing I didn't know about, my 3GS is still holding out really good. Much better than my 3G ever did. I can hold on and not charge it up for a whole day, even if I've played music/watched videos/made calls. On my 3G, this was a dangerous situation, usually just by the time I got out of class in the afternoon, I already had about 10% battery left. Haha.

As for the RAM, that sounds sweet. Yeah I read about the juicy updates on the processor and ram. Reason why this itsellf didn't convince me this time, was because I still never go below 60MB of RAM on my 3GS. On my 3G, It got DANGEROUS though, I was always at around 10MB haha. I'm sure once games and whatnot start utilizing the full power of the A4 we might start seeing a very similar trend in apps, such as it was with games for the 3G vs 3GS.

That display is simply sickkk, that's the main reason I want it. But I'm holding out for a bigger update, something I'll actually be using.

The progress in jailbreaking/unlocking iPhones has gotten so far from the first year the iPhone came out to now. Anyone remember having to do everything through terminal and fearing you'd mess it up?

Then on the 3G I remember waiting on the Dev-Team blog, like a little kid waiting for a present. Ah, such a good christmas that was. I remember before then I was using a damn turbosim that was nightmarish and NOT reliable at all haha.

Then I remember I thought the 3GS was not a big update, but once I had the chance to test one out, oh man I was surprised at how incredibly fast it was compared to a 3G, not to mention Cydia. I remember I bought one early in hopes that I would have a higher chance of being able to jailbreak it someday.

Well that day didn't take long at all, about three months later we already had an unlock/jailbreak.

Now I thought the i4 would be much tougher, but instead? Wow. Dev-Team, I love you guys. No homo.

Whoa dang, sorry for the long post.
    Yea I remember saying the same thing about the 3gs when I had my 3g. I said whats the big deal, once I couldn't take the lag and long wait times on my 3g I made the switch. It's like night and day how much faster it is for me.Now comes the iphone 4, im still happy with the 3gs but once they iphone 4 starts to do things that the 3gs cant even touch is when i'll get the urge to switch, or if the 3gs just becomes slow such as my 3g did because everything is going to be geared towards the a4 processor. I know the iphone 4 does more and has more than the 3gs but i'm talking about when the phone starts to take a hit in the normal functions such as speed and well trying to make calls

adp
    Thanks

I had a reason to update as my 3G was dying (gps antenna not working, volume buttons screwing up). The most impressive thing about this phone is the display, the 3G speed, and the speed of the phone itself.

On another note...lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOXMocnbKeU[/ame]
    Last edited by adp; 07-16-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had a reason to update as my 3G was dying (gps antenna not working, volume buttons screwing up). The most impressive thing about this phone is the display, the 3G speed, and the speed of the phone itself.

On another note...lol

YouTube - Banned iPhone 4 Promo

hahaha love that ad
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 07-16-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

On another note...lol

YouTube - Banned iPhone 4 Promo

I vote this the best post ever on modmyi!!!!!!

I will never think of Facetime and facetime at a normal level anymore, facetime will now be in the gutter of the mind.....not going any further with that.

Awesome post and video!!