Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking/unlocking iPhone 3G 4.0

Default Jailbreaking/unlocking iPhone 3G 4.0
    Hey all! I've been jailbreaking/unlocking iPhones since the 1g came out - the methods and programs keep changing. I have a 3G with 3.1.2, which I unlocked using redsn0w.

Is this still the process of jailbreaking/unlocking an iPhone 3G with 4.0?

1.) Shift-restore
    2.) Load jailbroken/hacktivated IPSW
    3.) Turn off 3G
    4.) Install ultrasn0w
    5.) Profit!

Also, I heard that 4.0 is crazy slow but a hard reset seems to fix that. Is this true?

Thanks

Close but more like this:

Update through iTunes (official update)
    Download redsn0w 0.9.5 b5-5
    Download an IPSW
    Run redsn0w
    Install ultrasn0w
    Profit (lol)

The fix for the slow 4.0 on 3G is to disable background image and multitasking (you will be prompted to enable/disable this when your run redsn0w)
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

did it, works great, except i loose the ability to picture message. Any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Make sure you are using the newest version of redsn0w.. available in this guide.

How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by meth2976 View Post
    did it, works great, except i loose the ability to picture message. Any ideas?
    T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Close but more like this:

Update through iTunes (official update)
    Download redsn0w 0.9.5 b5-5
    Download an IPSW
    Run redsn0w
    Install ultrasn0w
    Profit (lol)

The fix for the slow 4.0 on 3G is to disable background image and multitasking (you will be prompted to enable/disable this when your run redsn0w)
    If I do an official update, will redsn0w be able to downgrade my baseband, or is the baseband upgrade okay?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohsoferrety View Post
    If I do an official update, will redsn0w be able to downgrade my baseband, or is the baseband upgrade okay?
    If you do an official update it will update your baseband. Redsn0w doesn't downgrade your baseband. If you have an iPhone 3G, iOS 4's baseband is safe and unlockable

Hi I finally decided to take the plunge and upgraded to 4.0 on a 3G 8GB running 2.1 previously. I followed the guide to JB using the link above and then ran the unlock. Now I get no service, but everything else seems ok. Sometimes in the carrier info tmobile and att both show up but I can't make any calls. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreacited. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Did you install ultrasnow and reset your phone?

Yeah I went into cydia went to sources entered repo666.ultrasn0w.com, installed 0.93, the phone restarted but still had no service. It's strange because the phone tells me I have a voicemail but I can't dial! When you say reset your phone do you mean power off then on or reset network settings? I did both and even the airplane mode on and off and that didn't work. Also I have a universal-sim on my tmobile sim card if that matters at all.
    Last edited by unitedef; 07-29-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedef View Post
    Yeah I went into cydia went to sources entered repo666.ultrasn0w.com, installed 0.93, the phone restarted but still had no service. It's strange because the phone tells me I have a voicemail but I can't dial! When you say reset your phone do you mean power off then on or reset network settings? I did both and even the airplane mode on and off and that didn't work. Also I have a universal-sim on my tmobile sim card if that matters at all.
    because our iphones are f up. I cant get service either and i tried all the possbile ways. its time for a new unlock. ultrasnow is sht for some of us.
    Common Sense.

Thanks

I don't think so, your problems are very rare.

Try restoring and re jailbreaking - make sure you're using redsnow b5-5

I don't think so, your problems are very rare.

Try restoring and re jailbreaking - make sure you're using redsnow b5-5
    sht dont work. already tried it. jailbreakig is not problem. the unlock is.
    Common Sense.

Thanks

If the unlock had issues there would be hundreds of thousands reporting it. But if you insist then downgrade to 3.1.2 and unlock with blacksn0w

downgrade to 3.1.2 its not the problem. but my baseband is already at 5.1.3 so blacksnow is not useable.
    Done it. Tried it. Already thought ofthis method. Sht dont work. and still wont work.
    and using a fuzzyband to get it to 4.26 will not let me install blacra1n
    because it needs to be on 5.11 firmware.

More ideas?
    Common Sense.

Thanks

Try inserting an active AT&T sim. If that doesn't work, you've got hardware problems

Try inserting an active AT&T sim. If that doesn't work, you've got hardware problems
    dont have one. but im sure its no sim card cause its pretty new got it recently. Can't be hardware issues, becuase i can make calls for like a few seconds and then after i hang up i lose signal and it goes to no service for ever. every time i take out /put back the sim i can get signal for a few secs then i lose it for good aftera few mins or if i move the phone. its the unlock im sure.
    Common Sense.

Thanks

Well try finding someone that had AT&T and use their sim. Thats what I meant. Thats the only way you're gonna find out. You can't blame it on the unlock if you get service for some time. If it was the unlock then your tmobile sim wouldn't work at all.

Well try finding someone that had AT&T and use their sim. Thats what I meant. Thats the only way you're gonna find out. You can't blame it on the unlock if you get service for some time. If it was the unlock then your tmobile sim wouldn't work at all.
    Like he said it's not the unlock I just did my sis last night unlock for tmobile

Default Help!
    I jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone 3G running ios 4.0.1 and didn't know until after the fact the I should uncheck "multitasking" and "wallpaper" to keep it from running slow.

Now it's running slow and I would like to do over. Is that possible? Do I need to restore the original settings (i.e. un-jailbreak and re-lock)?

If so, how do I do that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast