Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: still can't unlock iphone 3g - tmobile - baseband 5.1.3 with ultrasnow 0.93

Thanks

If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

should i downlod taht ios4 firmware that is also on that iphoneheat - redsnow page link you posted? or which firmware did you use

Thanks

You will need that IPSW to use with redsn0w...yes get that one

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    How do you disable multitask? Im considering upgrading to 4. I didnt want the multitask.
    RedSn0w if you have an iPhone 3G or iTouch 2G. You just uncheck it.
    If a 3GS or iTouch 3G, ssh or use a file browser in a PC or Mac and go to the following directory: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist edit with a word editor and look for multitasking and change true to false or vice versa supposedly this doesn't work anymore but you could try

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    RedSn0w if you have an iPhone 3G or iTouch 2G. You just uncheck it.
    If a 3GS or iTouch 3G, ssh or use a file browser in a PC or Mac and go to the following directory: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N82AP.plist edit with a word editor and look for multitasking and change true to false or vice versa supposedly this doesn't work anymore but you could try
    Lol thanks adp cleared it up for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i have the same issue "No Service" 3g firmware 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 and bootloader 5.9 has any one thought about this 5.9 bootloader???
    this bootloader could be problem i dont see any guide or unlock solution saying that 5.9 bootloader can be unlocked

here is a link updated on "This page was last modified 22:43, 16 July 2010." this sentence can be found on the very bottom of this page here is the link that tells you what bootloaders and unlockable and which ones are not

Baseband Bootloader - The iPhone Wiki
    Last edited by bilal72401; 07-17-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

All basebands and bootloaders have been unlocked for the iPhone 3G. You just have to install ultrasn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have done that about 300 times i get no service i am starting to think my iphone has a problem

Thanks

Is your sim card working on another phone?

Are you typing in ultrasn0w or searching it in cydia. I installed right from cydia and never had a problem

yeah it works but still no solution for iphone

Quote Originally Posted by mrredwings View Post
    Are you typing in ultrasn0w or searching it in cydia. I installed right from cydia and never had a problem
    I type it, by adding repo. and i also installed the one that comes on cydia right after jb. but dont work. and still no soln.

Heres a question, i read somewhere that the ultrasnow 0.93 only works to unlock iphone with a certain bootloader like 5.9 or somrthing.

Does this mattter?

and what is your bootloader? mine is 5.08.
    Last edited by ozarka; 07-18-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Common Sense.

Ok you have a 3G the new redsn0w and ultrasn0w should jailbreak and unlock any model and baseband. Are you using Mac or windows for jailbreak?did you use pawnge tool what version

Ok you have a 3G the new redsn0w and ultrasn0w should jailbreak and unlock any model and baseband. Are you using Mac or windows for jailbreak?did you use pawnge tool what version
    So i used the newest red snow the 9.5-5b or what ever. and i used ultrasnow 0.93.

im using windows to jb not pwnage tool.
    and i tried stock 4.0 firmware, custom firmware , firmware from snowbreeze, and activated custom firmware. all dont work.
    Common Sense.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy i need serious help
    ok i hope and pray for an angel to read my post and hope fully guide me in the right direction

i have a 3g

Firmware 3.1.2

Baseband 5.11.07

Bootloader 5.09

Status of iphone : unactivated iphone 3g showing slide for emergency screen

my request: I want this iphone activated, Jailbroken, and unlocked to work with my 5 year old AT&T sim Card

This 5 year old Sim card i am currently using with a iphone 2g 3.0.1 firmware with noooooo problems at all so i know my sim card is in 100% perfect working shape

so PWEEEEEEEEEEEEZ some one help meeeeee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bilal72401 View Post
    ok i hope and pray for an angel to read my post and hope fully guide me in the right direction

i have a 3g

Firmware 3.1.2

Baseband 5.11.07

Bootloader 5.09

Status of iphone : unactivated iphone 3g showing slide for emergency screen

my request: I want this iphone activated, Jailbroken, and unlocked to work with my 5 year old AT&T sim Card

This 5 year old Sim card i am currently using with a iphone 2g 3.0.1 firmware with noooooo problems at all so i know my sim card is in 100% perfect working shape

so PWEEEEEEEEEEEEZ some one help meeeeee
    First upgrade to 4.0, then follow this guide

http://m.readwriteweb.com/archives/how_to_jailbreak_ios_40_for_iphone_3g.php

still no solution for my iphone 3g unlock. This is BS. about to get a nokia now...or a SAMSUNG GALAXY S
    Common Sense.

re jailbreak with redsn0w un select multi tasking and cydia

go to iphonefirmware.com download new 3.1.2 firmware to folder on desktop next open itunes put phone in dfu mode hold power button and home button same time until itunes recognises it and it will say phone needs to be restored hold shift button on keyboard and then hit restore then select firmware from desktop and select it will restore from there then do redsn0w and through cydia search ultrasn0w if need unlock

make sure firmware matches iphone you are using
    Last edited by mrredwings; 07-18-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

re jailbreak with redsn0w un select multi tasking and cydia

go to iphonefirmware.com download new 3.1.2 firmware to folder on desktop next open itunes put phone in dfu mode hold power button and home button same time until itunes recognises it and it will say phone needs to be restored hold shift button on keyboard and then hit restore then select firmware from desktop and select it will restore from there then do redsn0w and through cydia search ultrasn0w if need unlock

make sure firmware matches iphone you are using
    hold up, cant i use 4.0 firmware and just de-select multitask and wall paper enable?
    is this suppose to solve my unlock and no serviceproblem?
    Have you done it? or was your phone also in the same case like mine?
    Common Sense.

sorry ozarka that was a post for someone else not sure how it ended up here.with your situation I think we need to just start over and go step by step

I dont know where you live and im going on vacation until next friday I am willing to lok at it and get it working free of charge just postage back.I know there is a trust issue involved you can look at my feedback on ebay and know I would never do that look it up dragon-sports-cardz
    Last edited by mrredwings; 07-18-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So i find this weird. I dont see the E = Edge symbol on the top of my screen next to the signal bar. I either see Wifi or just nothing where the E symbol is.
    I think this somehow affects a stable phone signal from dropping.

cause when my phone was working i always either had E or wifi, but never no symbol and empty mark.
    Common Sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast