Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g 4.0 No SIM car installed

Default 3g 4.0 No SIM car installed
    Hey guys, I am trying to unlock a 3g for a buddy. It has OS 4.0 on it. I jailbroke it using redsn0w beta 5 and then attempted to unlock using unltrasn0w. I turned off 3g and ran unltrasn0w. The device rebooted but it still says no SIM installed. The sim I am using is a T-mobile card that works fine in my unlocked 2g iphone. I can't seem to find anymore info on a next step. I reset the phone twice to try again and it still doesnt work. Thanks for the help.

I am having the same problem too!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you jailbreak/unlock it with the sim card in the phone?

Try going to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

pimpsterritard (07-14-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    did you jailbreak/unlock it with the sim card in the phone?

Try going to settings->general->reset->reset network settings
    thanks!! :d

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    Did you jailbreak/unlock it with the sim card in the phone?

Try going to Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings
    What is the way to do it? With or without the sim card? What if I plan to sell it and obviously someone else will use a different SIM card then.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With the simcard in. Whoever uses it should be able to just put their own sim card in once its activated and unlocked.

Hmmm, so I once again put the phone where itunes needed to restore it. From there I let itunes restore with the ATT sim card it came with. After that I put in the tmobile sim card. I used redsn0w to jailbreak it. Then I turned off 3g. The i used ultrasn0w through cydia to unlock it, and it still says no SIM card installed. Thanks for the help so far. I can't think of anything I am missing, anyone see any errors?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try turning airplane mode on and off. Try rebooting the phone. You may need a new sim card if yours is old.

Quote Originally Posted by majik99 View Post
    Hmmm, so I once again put the phone where itunes needed to restore it. From there I let itunes restore with the ATT sim card it came with. After that I put in the tmobile sim card. I used redsn0w to jailbreak it. Then I turned off 3g. The i used ultrasn0w through cydia to unlock it, and it still says no SIM card installed. Thanks for the help so far. I can't think of anything I am missing, anyone see any errors?
    What I did was I have my Tmboile sim card in my phone and went to settings and Cellular Data Network and then reset settings. Then I rebooted my phone. If that doesnt work then you might have to restore and rejail break it that should solve it. If that doesnt help then repeat the Cellular Data network reset settings. What are you using to jailbreak and unlock? I just kept my Tmobile sim card in while jailbreaking and unlocking. Sorry if this wasn't much help. It does take a while and a lot of trial and errors.

ive jb and unlocked. but still saying no sim?? it works fine on my other 3g? is running ios4 and works fine with this sim? is it possible i have a bad tray?? please help??

I have my Tmboile sim card in my phone and went to settings and Cellular Data Network and then reset settings and settings->general->reset->reset network settings, then I rebooted my phone. If that doesnt work you may have to re-jb and unlock your phone again. I've jb my phone many times until it fixed this problem too.

if all of those don't work then you may need a new sim card.
    Last edited by pimpsterritard; 07-16-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

took to the apple store today to have them see if was a bad tray! they got it to read a att sim card. brought it home. jb with resnow9.5.5 and unlocked with ultrasnow. and it did the same thing??? please help???!!!

keep the at&t sim card in it restore in itunes to custom firmware and let itunes authorize it.put in dfu mode itunes will say phone needs to be restored then redsn0w and ultrasn0w and it should be fine