Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data plan on iphone 3g 4.0?

Default Data plan on iphone 3g 4.0?
    can someone tell me how to get some sort of data plan on my Tmobile iPhone 3G running on iOS4?

thank you!

Thanks

Start a chat conversation and ask to get web2go (unlimited data for $9.99/month). Don't mention the iPhone though.

Once it's added your APN in settings will be internet2.voicestream.com
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

so start a whole new thread asking how to get the web2go without mentioning my iphone?

then once it is added to my tmobile plan, i just insert those APN settings and my iphone will have a Tmobile data plan on it?

Thanks

No..a chat conversation with T-mobile Customer Service lol...

Yes, once you get the plan it should work (it takes up to 24 hrs to activate though)

you can get web2go activated by yourself, with no tmobile rep. i selected my phone as the shadow on the website and got myself the 19.99/month web2go (unlim data + unlim sms) all by myself. i was able to access the internet after like 30 mins. the apn is internet2.voicestream.com like the adp mentioned. you have to search around when youre choosing the plan to find it, i remember it wasn't readily available, but going through a series of links i was able to find it lol. good luck!

Thanks to both of you!
    Just one question, blackhat, what if my plan already includes unlimited SMS? Is there a web2go plan that just includes data?

And also, I recently jailbroke/unlocked my iPhone 3G on ios4, and when I click settings>general>network there is no cellular data network option available.
    I saw some people also had this problem, do you know why?

Thanks

Yes, like I said, the $9.99 web2go plan is unlimited data only.

The cellular data thing seems to be an issue with the jailbreak/unlock. See the sticky post on the T-mobile forum