Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync with Itunes, Tmobile iphone

Default Sync with Itunes, Tmobile iphone
    I have a iphone 3gs for tmobile, I want to sync it to Itunes, Does the airplane mode trick work? or Can I just put any random at&t sim (like the pay as you go) card to sync it?

Thanks

The "Airplane mode" trick stopped working years ago. What problems are you preventing from happening with syncing? iTunes doesn't block your phone from syncing. Just make sure to hit "Do not upgrade" if prompted
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

TANK510 (06-25-2010)

I have it for tomobile, i dont want to have that message that can't read the sim, I just want the apps on my iphone.

is there any way I can sync my tmobile iphone on itunes? please help
    Last edited by TANK510; 06-25-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Update to the newest iTunes. You shouldn't get that message, even if you're on T-mobile.

Also, make sure your phone is properly unlocked

there's a place in Jax called 10,000 cellphones and theyre gonna unlock my phone for me. so I just download itunes 9?, I think thats the newest itunes, i check apple last night

Yep, iTunes 9.2 is the latest version.

Also, I'm not sure what your current firmware is or if you have the newer bootrom for your 3GS. But if you don't you could always hacktivate your iPhone that way you don't get that "SIM card invalid" message on iTunes.

There's several ways of activating your iPhone, as you mentioned, you could use an AT&T SIM card, even if it's no longer in use and have it inside while jailbreaking. Once it's done and you get to the emergency call screen, just open up iTunes and let it do it's thing. Once activated, you can pop your T-Mobile SIM again and then go ahead and use Cydia to download ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock.

If you don't have an AT&T SIM card your next best choice is hacktivating it. Either by using a custom firmware, or jailbreaking with redsn0w. (Not sure about Sn0wbreeze since I've never used it before.)

Might save you some time, and cash (if they are charging you) if you do it yourself. If you need help on doing it just ask away!
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RaiV3R For This Useful Post:

TANK510 (06-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TANK510 View Post
    there's a place in Jax called 10,000 cellphones and theyre gonna unlock my phone for me. so I just download itunes 9?, I think thats the newest itunes, i check apple last night
    Go to settings, general, about and if your model starts with MC then you cannot upgrade to 4.0 yet. Also, let us know what your current firmware is. If it's 3.1.3 or below, you can definitely unlock and there should be no reason for you to pay anyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

TANK510 (06-25-2010)

The store said they can unlock and jailbreak it for me and they only charge tips. but again THANK YOU i really appreciate it