+ Reply
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
anyone tried this on iOS 4.0.1 yet? apparently you can JB it with redsn0w beta 5...
    Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone tried this on iOS 4.0.1 yet? apparently you can JB it with redsn0w beta 5...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alveezy For This Useful Post:

yabd (07-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotsammysliz View Post
    This worked for me and i tried pretty much everything else out there. Thanks alot!
    worked for me too. thanks for this

I have a 3g 16gb white

thanx again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    Yes, I restored a stock 4.0.1 firmware to my wife's iPhone 3G and then jailbroke it with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. When selecting the firmware in Redsn0w, make sure you choose the 4.0 firmware.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Problems..
    Alright.. I'm pretty educated in computers and the sort. I just recently purchased my first iPhone, bought it on eBay to save some money. It was listed as unlocked, but when I got it, it couldn't read my T-Mobile card. I spoke to the seller and it turns out he had used it on AT&T and hadn't tested the unlock. I then proceeded to jailbreak it with Redsn0w, most likely the newest beta release, as this was less than a month ago. I obviously then unlocked it, using Ultrasn0w. It is a 3G running 4.0 (8A293) with Firmware 05.13.04.
    It's been running fine with T-Mobile, only problem I've had up 'till now is that my $9.99 web package stopped working after a week, presumably because they figured out I have a smartphone, haven't found a fix for that yet, but my question here is regarding picture messaging. I just recently realized that I wasn't able to do it with my phone as the other day I wanted to send a picture to my friend and the only option was to e-mail it. Since then I have been going in circles trying to figure this one out. I've changed my MMS settings dozens of times for each configuration I find that "works great", I've tried the fix on this thread apart from updates #2 and #3 where I get confused-- as my phone was previously used on AT&T and linked to an iTunes account, it was genuinely activated in itunes so I can't imagine that is causing my problems. I've tried downloading the T-Mobile MMS fix from Cydia with no luck. Each and every fix that I try, I go to message the same picture to a friend and it starts to send, gets very near completion, pauses for a few seconds, and then fails with the flashy red exclamation mark. I'm completely stumped and if anyone could help me out, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for all your suggestions up to this point!

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topman88 View Post
    Alright.. I'm pretty educated in computers and the sort. I just recently purchased my first iPhone, bought it on eBay to save some money. It was listed as unlocked, but when I got it, it couldn't read my T-Mobile card. I spoke to the seller and it turns out he had used it on AT&T and hadn't tested the unlock. I then proceeded to jailbreak it with Redsn0w, most likely the newest beta release, as this was less than a month ago. I obviously then unlocked it, using Ultrasn0w. It is a 3G running 4.0 (8A293) with Firmware 05.13.04.
    It's been running fine with T-Mobile, only problem I've had up 'till now is that my $9.99 web package stopped working after a week, presumably because they figured out I have a smartphone, haven't found a fix for that yet, but my question here is regarding picture messaging. I just recently realized that I wasn't able to do it with my phone as the other day I wanted to send a picture to my friend and the only option was to e-mail it. Since then I have been going in circles trying to figure this one out. I've changed my MMS settings dozens of times for each configuration I find that "works great", I've tried the fix on this thread apart from updates #2 and #3 where I get confused-- as my phone was previously used on AT&T and linked to an iTunes account, it was genuinely activated in itunes so I can't imagine that is causing my problems. I've tried downloading the T-Mobile MMS fix from Cydia with no luck. Each and every fix that I try, I go to message the same picture to a friend and it starts to send, gets very near completion, pauses for a few seconds, and then fails with the flashy red exclamation mark. I'm completely stumped and if anyone could help me out, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for all your suggestions up to this point!
    First of all you need to figure out your data issues. I've never heard of T-mobile cutting down on web2go users because they have a smartphone, unless you called them from your iPhone to request it. If you do it through mytmobile.com, you should be able to re-activate it with no issues.

To solve your MMS issues, go here:
    T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

and scroll down to where it says "Installation:"

Download the iOS4 IPCC and follow the instructions
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Topman88 (07-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Fixed!
    Hey thanks for the words of encouagement, believe it or it was as simple as going on tmobile.com and listing my current phone as an ericcson.. my internet began working immediately as well as my mms capabilities. Perfect!

Thanks for your help everyone, probably would have overlooked that for a long time if not for this forum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay so I know it's kind of ridiculous to ask, but I'm a noob at this Iphone hacking stuff. I know enough to jailbreak and unlock, but the ssh stuff I'm unfamiliar with. Do I just get the _ssh through cydia?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default mms
    fix mine 3gs/16gb ios4.0 by:
    Add http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ to your cydia sources and Install the T-Mobile 4.0 MMS fix, then reboot
    3. Add this to your Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeathAU25 View Post
    Okay so I know it's kind of ridiculous to ask, but I'm a noob at this Iphone hacking stuff. I know enough to jailbreak and unlock, but the ssh stuff I'm unfamiliar with. Do I just get the _ssh through cydia?
    You get SSH through cydia, then google winscp and download it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I have an iPhone 3G jailbreak and unlocked for tmobile USA, everything is working fine except the mms. I can send my self a picture and I can receive it, but when somebody send me a picture I get an error of size and resolution. I tried all the settings available and some patch but still the same problem. Help please

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yabd View Post
    Hi, I have an iPhone 3G jailbreak and unlocked for tmobile USA, everything is working fine except the mms. I can send my self a picture and I can receive it, but when somebody send me a picture I get an error of size and resolution. I tried all the settings available and some patch but still the same problem. Help please
    T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Scroll down to "installation" and download the IPCC for 4.0 (follow instructions above IPCC)

Thanks

oh u know why, i had the same problem exact problem!!!!
    i got good news for u bro, all u have to do is rejailbreak with the new version redsnow, see the one u and i did it with was the original and not the beta version here is the link for the new redsnow, and of course u'll use the ios4.0 with that, it wont take u longer then 5 minutes promise.
    good luck
    here is the link: http://iphwn.org/get/redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5.zip

Thanks

It works on 4.0.1 thats easier than downloading "Fix" from cydia because its saved on my computer and if something goes wrong i will always have it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3g in Simple Mobile MMS Can't be received
    I have an iphone 3g jailbreaked with ultrasn0w b5-5. I can send mms but I can't receive due to a problem with size and resolution. I am in simple mobile that is the same tmobile with another name.
    Please somebody cam help me how to fix this problem ???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yabd View Post
    I have an iphone 3g jailbreaked with ultrasn0w b5-5. I can send mms but I can't receive due to a problem with size and resolution. I am in simple mobile that is the same tmobile with another name.
    Please somebody cam help me how to fix this problem ???
    Go into cydia and
    Add the source: http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ Install the MMS fix and reboot your iPhone.* You may need to enter your APN after the reboot. If so input this and reboot
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Last edited by ronr179; 07-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont see com.apple.mms_override.plist on my iPhone.. just these??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4-tttt.jpg  
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just followed these instructions for iPhone 3G[s] running iOS 4 5.13.04 jailbroken with JailbreakMe.com, and unlocked with ultrasn0w from Cydia. I was able to send MMS, but not able to receive. After performing the steps outlined here, everything worked perfectly! Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to brandoncarr For This Useful Post:

MrBucket101 (08-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    I dont see com.apple.mms_override.plist on my iPhone.. just these??
    Change your location from /private/var/root/Library/Preferences to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences and you will find it.
    Last edited by reddawg; 08-03-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: ABC
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

10-4 little buddy, I will take a look and update!

worked...amazing!
    Last edited by dykzebr; 08-03-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or just add the sinfuliphone repo and install T Mobile MMS 4.0 fix. Worked like a charm for me....

+ Reply
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast