+ Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by adp Yea maybe you should pass this info to SpookyET. Although he might get a little greedy. But good job on this. Spooky was aware of the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Yea maybe you should pass this info to SpookyET. Although he might get a little greedy. But good job on this.
    Spooky was aware of the fix from previous firmwares. He's not a fan of it, so he's still waiting on the jailbreaks to be fixed so IPCC sig checking will actually be bypassed. For the time being, I'm happy this works

Thanks
    awesome fix bra! works on my 3GS just fine.
    i go to laker games alot so follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/its_Luis

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the iphone 3G 3.1.3 and I can't get MMS. I can't get MMS on my phone. The Cellular Network field that allow you to put in codes is no longer on my phone because of the update I did from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 about three months ago. Can any tell me how can I fix the MMS on my iphone 3G?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not working. Did it, rebooted, entered settings, rebooted. Still can't receive. "Media content not included" blah blah blah.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks, it worked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Edit: received Messages from T-mobile users are very delayed (up to 8 hours) and sent messages by me are not received to T-mobile users. I am downgrading to 3.1.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just tried this fix. Works great. Thank you so much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcar1 View Post
    Edit: received Messages from T-mobile users are very delayed (up to 8 hours) and sent messages by me are not received to T-mobile users. I am downgrading to 3.1.3.
    lol ditto ! I am really contemplating downgrading, but then again, I wont be doing a whole lot of texting for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully by then, we will have a better fix for all this.

Thanks

That did it! Thanks!

Good SSH reference here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help Please!! I need help getting MMS on my iphone. I have an Iphone 3g on 4.0 i jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Cellular Data Network disappeared. if any one can help me i would really appreciate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so I'm currently on a 3GS recently upgraded to 4.0 and MMS isnt working. I can obviously send, but not receive, I constantly get the size restriction message when I receive an MMS message. I followed this guide to the letter and tried several different combinations of the apn for both cell and mms, and it still doesnt work.. Does anyone know of any thing else I can try?

Thanks

I have a 3G that I just updated tonight to iOS4 from 3.1.2 I SSHed into my phone to edit the "com.apple.mms_override.plist" I didn't have one..? So I made one stuck it in the folder and rebooted works like a charm, but I still don't have a "Cellular data Network" tab to change any settings if I wanted to.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmopar1 View Post
    Help Please!! I need help getting MMS on my iphone. I have an Iphone 3g on 4.0 i jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Cellular Data Network disappeared. if any one can help me i would really appreciate it.

Maybe there is a Bug with Redsn0w
    Try Pwnage tool to jailbreak ur phone instead
    Because that's what I use to jailbreak mine and I have no problem at all
    All I need it to do was the MMS Fix that I share here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fernandorinto For This Useful Post:

dmopar1 (06-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked great! Thanks for the info!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked great!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there a post that gives a how to on how to SSH?

thanx

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmopar1 View Post

When u use Redsn0w to jailbreak ur iPhone, Did u first Activate ur iPhone through iTunes b4 you jailbreak it or did you let redSn0w take care the activation

Cause in my case, i didn't Hacktivate my iphone, and if you did let redsn0w hacktivate ur iPhone then that might be the problem
    Try restoring one more time and let iTunes activate your iPhone then use redsn0w or
    Try making a custom Fw with Pwnage tool with out Activation

NOTE: to legally Activate ur iPhone all u need is an At@t or singular Sim card, the Sim card doesn't need to have service
    iTunes will activate your iPhone even if the Sim card has no Service

If you do that way, it'll better cause Push notification will work just perfect and if you Hacktivate instead then Push Notification WILL NOT WORK
    Last edited by fernandorinto; 06-26-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a 3GS with 5.11.07 and I upgraded to ios 4 with redsnow on a Mac. I just manually input these settings, and I get incoming and outgoing mms no problem.

Cellular Data

Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

Mms

Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I didn't have to ssh into th phone or anything. It also worked on my wife's 3GS with the same circumstances.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fernandorinto View Post
    When u use Redsn0w to jailbreak ur iPhone, Did u first Activate ur iPhone through iTunes b4 you jailbreak it or did you let redSn0w take care the activation

Cause in my case, i didn't Hacktivate my iphone, and if you did let redsn0w hacktivate ur iPhone then that might be the problem
    Try restoring one more time and let iTunes activate your iPhone then use redsn0w or
    Try making a custom Fw with Pwnage tool with out Activation

NOTE: to legally Activate ur iPhone all u need is an At@t or singular Sim card, the Sim card doesn't need to have service
    iTunes will activate your iPhone even if the Sim card has no Service

If you do that way, it'll better cause Push notification will work just perfect and if you Hacktivate instead then Push Notification WILL NOT WORK
    that is exactly what i did when i first upgraded to iOS4 which is to restore my iPhone with iOS4 update then JB with redsn0w(no hacktivation/with an AT&T sim inside "not in service") updated my cydia and installed ultrasn0w/turned off 3G and popped in my T-Mobile simcard and i got pop-up that says "Iphone has been activated"--keyword that you got your push working. as soon as Pwnage Tool(preserve my current baseband) came out i went ahead and made a custom firmware(again left unactivated/with the AT&T sim card in) did the same thing after the restore(like from redsn0w) and followed fernandorinto's tutorial for MMS and got that working.

overall i think everyone just needs to get a hold of a legit sim card that actually works on an iPhone(like AT&T) so they don't have the missing cellular network tab settings.
    Last edited by Alveezy; 06-27-2010 at 05:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an Iphone 3G IOS4. My Edge at first didn't work but i used unlockitz to fix that. Now all i need to get working is my MMS. I have tried this fix and i rebooted my phone and it was still the same. I lost my Cellular Data like many others did. Could this be the problem? and has there been a fix found for this yet? Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I still have Cellular Data On-Off. I can't get into it and see my settings though.