+ Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
okay i just did it. it works now! i'm so happy! it's just the ssh part is kinda scary! i had to look up a proper tutorial to do it.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

okay i just did it. it works now! i'm so happy! it's just the ssh part is kinda scary! i had to look up a proper tutorial to do it. is it bad if i didn't save the original .plist file that i edited?

btw for anyone else who's doing this...once your done all you have to do is put your cellular data/mms/tethering apn(if you haven't/or you've reset your settings) back in the settings then reboot and all should be well.

but yeah like from a couple post back...this needs to be packaged up so ppl that are afraid or don't have any exp. with ssh'ing their iPhones can download and intall just like how spookyET did it with the old bundles. overall thanks to fernandorinto for the tutorial because it fixed my MMS problems from receiving.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this did not work for me. i have iphone 3g jailbreak with redsn0w and ios 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Varmit's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use WinSCP for getting into your iphone, get the IP of your iphone and ssh into your phone, using the username root and the password alpine or dottie

Make SURE you change the password to somthing you will remember.
    The way to do this is to type passwd root
    then put in your new password.

Hope this helps you.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PooN_HeaD View Post
    did you overwrite the .plist file that you edited? did you reboot your iPhone after ssh'ing it? did you put your mms apn in your settings and reboot/is your mms turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    You can use WinSCP for getting into your iphone, get the IP of your iphone and ssh into your phone, using the username root and the password alpine or dottie

Make SURE you change the password to somthing you will remember.
    The way to do this is to type passwd root
    then put in your new password.

Hope this helps you.
    Fugu is a good ssh client that you can use for your Mac
    Last edited by Alveezy; 06-24-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea i did everything except put the apns in my cell data network thing. wat r they?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Didn't work for me at first either, you need to enter epc.tmobile.com under APN for MMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats all?

Thanks

I used to use WinSCP in the past, but I REALLY strongly recommend iFunBox vs the rest. It's not only user friendly, but it's graphically nice too.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea i did everything except put the apns in my cell data network thing. wat r they?
    i'm not really sure what apn i can recommend for you because idk what data/txt plan you have or the data package that you have in your plan.

here is a list on spookyET's thread
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...2g-3g-3gs.html

i use the apn's from the Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy Bundle because i have unlimited text for families and i have the T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web(the $24.99 plan)
    which uses internet2.voicestream.com for the cellular data and wap.voicestream.com for mms

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need help i do not see the com.apple.mms_override.plist file i hqve iphone 3g 16gb
    Last edited by patda59; 06-24-2010 at 10:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, I did exactly like this guide stated, however wasnt receiving MMS still. So typed in wap.voicestream.com into the APN for the MMS, and restarted. Then I got the previous MMS, that I thought I would get prior to restarting. Now it wont work again. Any thoughts ? (p.s - the text messages are delayed too)

EDIT : Still not working. Another Interesting thing I noticed is that, whenever I change my cellular data settings, my Push notifications come through. I guess everytime tmobile is resetting, it is letting my push notifications to come through. Otherwise, my push notifications havent been working. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on ?

EDIT 2 : Still not working. Tried all the different APN settings. At this point, I give up. However, me being the idiot I am did not save the original mms file. Anyone mind emailing it to me, so I can put things back where they belong and wait for something more streamlined ? [email protected] Thanks.

EDIT 3 : Finally MMS working with the update posted. However,incoming MMS take alteast 2 minutes, whereas outgoing is same as usual. PLus the push notifications arent working still
    Last edited by blazenfire; 06-25-2010 at 12:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!

A heads up... I had my iPhone hooked up to my Mac the whole time and when I rebooted after replacing, the com.apple.mms_override.plist would revert back to its original contents (after reboot, iTunes would attempt to sync). I did this several times, the last few verifying the contents of the file before rebooting by downloading it back onto my computer. Then I tried it while not physically connected. Voila... the file contents are correct and I can send/receive MMS on my 3G =)
    Last edited by sillypants; 06-25-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

works, now i can receive MMS from people i couldnt. works perfectly fine. thanks. 3g user

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post
    Thanks!

A heads up... I had my iPhone hooked up to my Mac the whole time and when I rebooted after replacing, the com.apple.mms_override.plist would revert back to its original contents (after reboot, iTunes would attempt to sync). I did this several times, the last few verifying the contents of the file before rebooting by downloading it back onto my computer. Then I tried it while not physically connected. Voila... the file contents are correct and I can send/receive MMS on my 3G =)
    I am having this same issue, everytime I restart it goes back to the old contents. I am using i-Funbox

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 3g 8GB .. upgrade to 4.0 and jailbroke with redsnow. My problem is when i go to cellular data, it won't let me to edit it. There is only the opption of off or on just like the above "Enable 3G" on or off. Anyone experiencing this problem? How do I fix it??? plz help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pouya85 View Post
    I have 3g 8GB .. upgrade to 4.0 and jailbroke with redsnow. My problem is when i go to cellular data, it won't let me to edit it. There is only the opption of off or on just like the above "Enable 3G" on or off. Anyone experiencing this problem? How do I fix it??? plz help
    I'm having the same problem, I cannot edit cellular data network settings, because of this I cannot use edge :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah same here, it goes back to it's default settings after a restart. The mms settings are all there in the celluar data tab but it won't go through.

For those who jailbroke and can not edit their
    Apn or celluar data, rejailbreak with sn0wbreeze. It comes back. Redsnow has a problem with it.
    Last edited by xdviper; 06-25-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did with Redsn0w b5-3 and it works for me... the new b5-4 didn't even have the setting shown. I reboot my phone several times and the settings never got reset to the default.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnguyen972 For This Useful Post:

pouya85 (06-25-2010), thunderwolf333 (07-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea.. I used b5-4 that's y i can't edit the cellular data settings. I gonna restore and use b5-3. Hopefully it'll work.. thank you all for the help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pouya85 View Post
    Yea.. I used b5-4 that's y i can't edit the cellular data settings. I gonna restore and use b5-3. Hopefully it'll work.. thank you all for the help!
    Just make sure you do the "unlock" with UltraSn0w after jailbreaking with b5-3 to have the setting appeared. I checked after the jailbreaking with b5-3 and it still didn't show; not until I did the unlock. See if that helps.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vnguyen972 For This Useful Post:

thunderwolf333 (07-04-2010)