+ Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by stewkat I don't have the camera button in my text message when I compose a message. How do I get it back? I got the same problem...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stewkat View Post
    I don't have the camera button in my text message when I compose a message. How do I get it back?
    I got the same problem... Did you get the button back? There are no options to turn it on or anything under Settings/messages

Thanks
    Thank you so much!! X98car referred me to this topic. I was too afraid at the time to change the file even though I had changed sounds on my iphone through iPhonebrowser. But finally got enough nerve and it works perfect!!! thanks much!
    no pain no gain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to julieb For This Useful Post:

Simon (01-22-2011)

Thanks
    Hi well it worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updated my phone when it was already jailbreak and unlocked and i was using tmobile. What do I do if I tried re-jailbreaking the phone and it worked. but it won't read my sim card. I updated the phone to 4.2.1. Can you please help me?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just wanted to say that this fixed worked for me.

Factory Unlocked iPhone 4
    T-Mobile
    Jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had been wrestling with this "resolution problem" since November of last year... everything I would try would not work... So finally last week i decided i was determined to fix it with this plist post thing... when i tried to SSH I could not find the mms plist file. I got really flustered and found another way... which

-i removed all tmobile fixes i had previously installed sinful and another i dont remember.
    -re-setted network settings
    -turned wifi on
    -installed pushfix tmobile mms fix
    -re-booted

On my I4 4.1 (T-Zones) I have the following settings:

Celluar Data
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    UserName: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

TEETHERING

Rebooted the Iphone sent myself a picture and voilaaa it worked

Good luck everybody!
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RavingNoodle View Post
    I just wanted to say that this fixed worked for me.

Factory Unlocked iPhone 4
    T-Mobile
    Jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.1

so, this fixed your iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 mms problem?

Thanks

Previously, my 3GS was jailbroken on 4.0.1 using the jailbreakme method and unlocked using Ultrasn0w. I had no problem using the MMS fix as outlined in the first post of this thread. I was able to send/receive SMS/MMS and picture resolution looked great.

I just jailbroke my 3GS with a custom firmware created by PwnageTool 4.2, which is using the GP exploit for iOS 4.2.1. So, far everything went well. I did not update my baseband. I'm still running 05.13.04 and my unlock works fine.

However, when I make changes to "com.apple.mms_override.plist" in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences of my iPhone 3GS, the changes gets lost. I also noticed that the "com.apple.mms_override.plist" file gets reset back to it blank default. I believe this has something to do with 4.2.1 because I did not have any problems with 4.0 or 4.0.1. My guess is that Apple added some additional security in 4.2.1, which is causing this problem.

While I can send MMS, I am unable to receive MMS. I get the following error:

The media content was not
    included due to a picture
    resolution or message size
    restriction

Does anyone have a solution to why the "com.apple.mms_override.plist" file keeps getting reset and loses all the changes I added?

Solution 2-16: I found a solution for my MMS problem today. The following worked for my 3GS iOS 4.2.1 BB 05.13.04 jailbroken by PwnageTool 4.2 and unlocked.

1. Added "http://cydia.pushfix.info" as a source in Cydia Sources.
    2. Installed "T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4".
    3. Restarted iPhone 3GS

It appears that you can no longer edit or replace "com.apple.mms_override.plist" without the file be reset. But the above Cydia package fixes the MMS problem.
    Last edited by reddawg; 02-18-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always used the following MMS Settings (probably 2-3 years now) with nothing but success on T-Mobile (T-Zones):

Celluar Data

MMS

TEATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    1. Added "http://cydia.pushfix.info" as a source in Cydia Sources.
    2. Installed "T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4".
    3. Restarted iPhone 3GS

It appears that you can no longer edit or replace "com.apple.mms_override.plist" without the file be reset. But the above Cydia package fixes the MMS problem.
    Was PushFix ever updated? When I had it on my 3Gs running 3.1.3/5.11/07 BB, it worked for a couple of days, and then I started getting push notifications in different languages from other people's Facebook pages and whatnot. It was really weird. I ended up uninstalling the package and installing Push Doctor instead: [cmdshft] Blog Archive Free Push Fix for hacktivated iPhone’s is here! - Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. which has worked BEAUTIFULLY ever since!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post

Was PushFix ever updated? When I had it on my 3Gs running 3.1.3/5.11/07 BB, it worked for a couple of days, and then I started getting push notifications in different languages from other people's Facebook pages and whatnot. It was really weird. I ended up uninstalling the package and installing Push Doctor instead: [cmdshft] Blog Archive Free Push Fix for hacktivated iPhone’s is here! - Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. which has worked BEAUTIFULLY ever since!
    No, I don't believe PushFix has been updated. It was a failed attempt by the Dev-Team to fix the broken certs used by push notifications.

It's was Hacktivation that was responsible for breaking push notifications. I never installed "PushFix" because it uses the same certificates for everyone and either doesn't work or creates the push notification problems you described.

What I did was to create a custom 4.2.1 firmware that was not hacktivated. I activated my iPhone 3GS in iTunes using an AT&T Sim card that had no service. This resolved the push notification problem. My only problem was with MMS, so I installed the "T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4" Cydia package. This updated the "com.apple.mms_override.plist" file. What I discovered was that I need to do things in a certain order to get MMS to work. For anyone interested:

1. Install Ultrasn0w in Cydia

2. Go to Settings -> General ->Network and do the following:

a) Make sure that "Enable 3G" was "OFF".
    b) Make sure that "Cellular Data" was "ON"

3. Restart iPhone 3GS, remove AT&T SIM and insert T-Mobile SIM. iTunes will activate your iPhone. You may need to unplug your USB cable and reconnect it.

4. Go to Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network and enter the following manually:

Cellular Data
    Username: [blank]
    Password: [blank]

MMS
    Username: [blank]
    Password: [blank]

5. Exit from Settings and unload Settings from multitask list.

6. Restart your iPhone 3GS for MMS features to become active and before you install the below T-Mobile US MMS fix.

7. Install “T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4” in Cydia.

a) Launch Cydia, and then click Manage and then Sources.
    b) Click on the Edit button and then click the Add button.
    c) Enter source Cydia.pushfix.info and click Add Source.
    d) Install T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4 and click Reboot when it’s done.

It seems like a long list, but I like my iPhone activated not hacktivated. This has worked on my iPhone3G and iPhone3GS.
    Last edited by reddawg; 02-23-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried Reddawg's solution but did not work for my iPhone 4 for 4.2.1 Anyone tried this on their iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 and got mms to work??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.dat.fo View Post
    Tried Reddawg's solution but did not work for my iPhone 4 for 4.2.1 Anyone tried this on their iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 and got mms to work??
    I just did...

I am using these settings...

Celluar Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS

then i installed the tmobile mms fix from push fix. i am sending and recieving mms

i have a iphone 4 on 4.2.1....3.10.01 bb with a gevey sim

good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    MAN!!! mine worked for over 6months... Then yesterday i rebooted it with it plugged into pc and itunes open (i wasn't thinking) now the damn MMS doesn't work again. Went through every single setting... no dice!

SUCKS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

eergsxr - you gave me hope so I tried it again yesterday with the same instructions you did and worked but did not last long... at first I was able to send but not receive later I was able to receive and send pic message. Then it stops working again.... blah.. Got a new sim card today to see if that helped but nope same issue.. I think it is something with my firmware... Might do a restore to see if that helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have 3G, 3GS and iphone 4 on 4.2.1 and the iphone 4 worked for a while and now stop receiving while 3G and 3GS still work. strange

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eergsxr View Post
    I just did...

I am using these settings...

Celluar Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS

then i installed the tmobile mms fix from push fix. i am sending and recieving mms

i have a iphone 4 on 4.2.1....3.10.01 bb with a gevey sim

good luck

Hey, Thanks
    This worked for me, iPhone 4 4.3.1 / baseband 01.59.00

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy :( Not working for me :(
    Hey there... Hope someone can help me!

I have an iPhone 4, OS 4.3.3, BaseB 4.10.01, unlocked w Gevey sim. I have Tmobile as my carrier.

The phone works fine as far as typical phone usage goes (calls rcv/send, internet surfing, playing, etc.) The MMS with photos attached, whether sent or received within a message do not work. Standard messages with plain text only work PERFECTLY FINE. Picture/video msgs DO NOT.

Here is what i tried in the course of a couple hours (yea sucks):
    1. Restored phone, input APN MMS settings normally since Gevey allows u(either epc.tmobile or internet2.voice, using servlets info, or the > FAIL
    2. Jailbroken with Pwnage Tool >Cydia> Source added? LeiMobile> Tmobile MMS Fix > input APN MMS settings > FAIL
    3. Cydia > Source added >cydia.hackulus> T-mobile MMS > FAIL
    4. Cydia >Source added > cydia.pushfix.info>T-Mobile MMS fix > FAIL
    5. Cydia > Source Added >bigboss> Tmobile US Carrier > FAIL
    6. SSH Into Phone > edit/replace "com.apple.mms_override.plist > with what is mentioned on 1st post by OP. (I had found these settings elsewhere too) >FAIL
    3G is off & Roaming On for MMS.

.... what is there left to do?

I have a iPhone 3GS personally and have applied the same settings on it, the iPhone 4, and still wont work. Anymore suggestions? Please let me know.

Is the phone functional with an ATT sim card when sending photos? >YES. So the phone is not defective. It is simply a settings issue, but I have exhausted options and googling.
    Last edited by playboyjenna; 06-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone 4 4.2 i can send mms to any phone or carrier, i can also recive mms if its sent from tmobile iphone only.. if mms sent from tmobile users with diff phone(beside iphone) then i cant recive anything no error msg or nothing, if sent from att(included iphone users) users then i get error msg.. saying "no subject media content was not uncluded due to a pic res size restriction"

this is crazy but let me know if anyone else had this problem n how it can be fixed... all the settings are same...
    as
    MMS

any one have this problem ?
    Last edited by jay78; 06-07-2011 at 09:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have the file com.apple.mms_override.plis inder my preferences, infact, I have nothing containing MMS period. Just an SMS file and tons of others. Any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Sharing my success with you
    Quote Originally Posted by playboyjenna View Post
    Hey there... Hope someone can help me!

I have an iPhone 4, OS 4.3.3, BaseB 4.10.01, unlocked w Gevey sim. I have Tmobile as my carrier.

The phone works fine as far as typical phone usage goes (calls rcv/send, internet surfing, playing, etc.) The MMS with photos attached, whether sent or received within a message do not work. Standard messages with plain text only work PERFECTLY FINE. Picture/video msgs DO NOT.

Here is what i tried in the course of a couple hours (yea sucks):
    1. Restored phone, input APN MMS settings normally since Gevey allows u(either epc.tmobile or internet2.voice, using servlets info, or the > FAIL
    2. Jailbroken with Pwnage Tool >Cydia> Source added? LeiMobile> Tmobile MMS Fix > input APN MMS settings > FAIL
    3. Cydia >
    4. Cydia >Source added > cydia.pushfix.info>T-Mobile MMS fix > FAIL
    5. Cydia > Source Added >bigboss> Tmobile US Carrier > FAIL
    6. SSH Into Phone > edit/replace "com.apple.mms_override.plist > with what is mentioned on 1st post by OP. (I had found these settings elsewhere too) >FAIL
    3G is off & Roaming On for MMS.

.... what is there left to do?

I have a iPhone 3GS personally and have applied the same settings on it, the iPhone 4, and still wont work. Anymore suggestions? Please let me know.

Is the phone functional with an ATT sim card when sending photos? >YES. So the phone is not defective. It is simply a settings issue, but I have exhausted options and googling.
    playboyjenna, I did all those as well and ended up with the same MMS issues. Basically, the MMS APN settings need to be specified in order for MMS to go through. Normally that is found in the 'Cellular Data Network' tab in 'General > Network' area. That was hidden in mine. I looked everywhere for a way to unhide that setting and came up with nothing.

I finally tried something random and searched all my repos for something that might work. I found Installed it, restarted the device, and when I went back to 'General > Network', Cellular Data Network was now there. From there, I entered the settings posted earlier in this thread.

With all those settings in properly, the last step is to download the 'T-Mobile US MMS Fix...' and restarted one last time. After that, I sent a test MMS to a friend and got a confirm that they received it.

I hope this helps, if not, PM me and we'll get this sorted for you.

Peace,
    baud

Mod edit, warez repo removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-16-2011 at 09:22 PM.