+ Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 266

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all, just need some help trouble shooting this. My phone: 32gb 3gs Firmware: 4.1 Baseband: 05.13.04 Jailbreak with sn0wbreeze 2.1 Unlocked for use with T-mobile I completed all the
...
  1. #201
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Hey all, just need some help trouble shooting this.

    My phone: 32gb 3gs
    Firmware: 4.1
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Jailbreak with sn0wbreeze 2.1
    Unlocked for use with T-mobile

    I completed all the steps in the OP and I am still getting the message "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction". Thing is, I tested the settings in OP by sending myself a pic and I can receive my own pics (this may be a dumb test but at this point I'm down for anything)... I'm just wondering if there is something I am missing or if anyone has any other suggestions. I did not add anything related to t-mobile mms fix from cydia. Just this fix in OP.

    Thanks in advance.

    EDIT: Got this working by installing the T-mobile fix through the cydia.pushfix.info repo. Just one question...I applied all the instructions from the OP and then added the package from the cydia repo; will this affect anything having both fixes applied or will the cydia package "overwrite" the modification made by using OP instructions.
    Last edited by devesstate; 11-20-2010 at 11:36 AM.

  2. #202
    What's Jailbreak? Traxxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My phone: 16GB 3G
    Firmware: 4.2.1
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Jailbreak with Pwnage Tool 4.1.3
    Unlocked for use with T-mobile

    I used this guide to get MMS to work but at every phone restart the settings would disappear. I then installed "Push Doctor" and the same thing kept happening restart after restart.

    What I had to do was replace the plist file, enter the info, then force shut down the phone by just holding the power and home button down until it turned off. When I turned it back on after a few min all the settings stayed and I was able to send/receive MMS. For some reason turning off the phone normally wasn't doing it.

    This worked for my phone, no guarantee it will work for anyone else.

  3. #203
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How are you on Baseband 05.13.04 and on firmware 4.2.1 if that firmware requires you to update your baseband to 5.15

  4. #204
    What's Jailbreak? Traxxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Here's what I see in my About section on my phone.

    Version 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Modem Firmware 05.13.04

    Doesn't Version = Firmware, and
    Modem Firmware = Baseband?

  5. #205
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi, I got a replacement iphone 4 from apple and I have IOS 4.0.2 (no SHSH since I just got it), the BB is 1.59. I have used limra1n to JB and ultrasn0w to unlock. I can make call on Tmobile.

    But I have data plan on tmobile but it is not working, the APN settings are gone so I cannot enter. I search in here and people say use SupremePreference that is not longer available. I see commCenter patch with IPCC carrier bundle but there isn't one for 4.0.2.

    Anyone have any suggestion to get the data on this version of the phone working?

    Thanks in advanced.

  6. #206
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpytreto View Post
    How are you on Baseband 05.13.04 and on firmware 4.2.1 if that firmware requires you to update your baseband to 5.15
    he preserved his baseband that's 5.13.04 without updating it to the iPad baseband "6.15.00" because he said "no" to the warning that popped up on pwnage tool about updating to the iPad baseband. your suppose to only update to the iPad baseband if you have 5.14.00/5.15.00 because those aren't unlockable through the new ultrasn0w 1.2 right now.

    i just got done jailbreaking my iPhone 3G(16GB) white with Pwnage Tool 4.1.3 and preserved my baseband at 5.13.04. i'am now syncing my apps and reinstalling some JB apps, after that i'm gonna do the MMS .plist and will post back with the results.! btw this tutorial worked in the past firmwares 4.0/4.0.1/4.1!!! thank you fernandorito!!!

  7. #207
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I thought the phone wouldn't start up if the baseband was not updated. I have a iPhone 3g with BB 05.13.04 and want to update it to 4.2. What did you guys use to update without updating the BB?

    Edit: Is it untethered for the 3g? some people say its tethered and others say its not.

    Edit #2: I just barely found out about the update for pwnage tool, so that answers part of my questions lol
    Last edited by grumpytreto; 11-30-2010 at 01:48 AM.

  8. #208
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpytreto View Post
    I thought the phone wouldn't start up if the baseband was not updated. I have a iPhone 3g with BB 05.13.04 and want to update it to 4.2. What did you guys use to update without updating the BB?

    Edit: Is it untethered for the 3g? some people say its tethered and others say its not.
    like i said the *ONLY reason to update to the iPad baseband is if you have the basebands 5.14 and 5.15 which aren't unlockable at the moment. so if you're stuck at those basebands then you should update to the iPad baseband because that's the only way to make ultransn0w 1.2 to work.

    mine started up fine and i kept my baseband at 5.13.04 and i used Pwnage Tool 4.1.3

    EDIT: oh and mines is "un-tethered"

    EDIT #2: i've now successfully got my MMS to work by editing the .plist file, provided with the instructions of fernandorito. i can send and receive without the error msg about "media content". I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS TUTORIAL WORKS FOR iOS 4.2.1 and below through 4.0. i advised that everyone read the instructions on page 1!
    Last edited by Alveezy; 11-30-2010 at 02:36 AM.

  9. #209
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for all the help i finally updated my and everything seems to work. I didn't really notice that much of a speed improvement though, the only benefit for me is the custom sms tones for contacts

  10. #210
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    like i said the *ONLY reason to update to the iPad baseband is if you have the basebands 5.14 and 5.15 which aren't unlockable at the moment. so if you're stuck at those basebands then you should update to the iPad baseband because that's the only way to make ultransn0w 1.2 to work.

    mine started up fine and i kept my baseband at 5.13.04 and i used Pwnage Tool 4.1.3

    EDIT: oh and mines is "un-tethered"

    EDIT #2: i've now successfully got my MMS to work by editing the .plist file, provided with the instructions of fernandorito. i can send and receive without the error msg about "media content". I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS TUTORIAL WORKS FOR iOS 4.2.1 and below through 4.0. i advised that everyone read the instructions on page 1!
    ughhh i was just coming in this thread to post that i'm getting a "media content message size or whatever" error.

    i followed the OP's instructions, replacing the plist file and then entering the settings under cellular data network. i can send pictures to myself and i receive them, but when someone else sends one to me i get the error. anyone have any ideas?

    i have a 3g with 4.2.1 unlocked if it makes a difference.

  11. #211
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    ughhh i was just coming in this thread to post that i'm getting a "media content message size or whatever" error.

    i followed the OP's instructions, replacing the plist file and then entering the settings under cellular data network. i can send pictures to myself and i receive them, but when someone else sends one to me i get the error. anyone have any ideas?

    i have a 3g with 4.2.1 unlocked if it makes a difference.
    you didn't update your baseband to 6.15.00 right? if you still have 5.13.04 then just reboot your phone twice and it should work. if you have saved the original .plist file then just bring it back there and reboot it then try replacing it again with an edited .plist(make sure you edit the same .plist file and put it back where you downloaded it).

  12. #212
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    nope, i do have 6.15.00. i've been stuck at 05.14 so unfortunately i had to upgrade it. is that an issue?

  13. #213
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    nope, i do have 6.15.00. i've been stuck at 05.14 so unfortunately i had to upgrade it. is that an issue?
    well it could be the problem cause 6.15.00 is giving gps problems right now.

  14. #214
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks to the OP. I have the latest iOS on an iPhone 4 and the settings worked when none of the others I found on the Net worked.

    One question to the OP or others. I see that some can _ssh into the iPhone. I'm supposing this is some sort of telnet, but I don't know how to do it. Can someone point me to specific instructions? I got mine to work but I had to enter the settings by hand. While it worked, it was rather laborious.

    Thanks to any and especially the OP for finally getting me MMS on my new for me iPhone 4.

  15. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    NEED SOME HELP I HAVE A 3g IPHONE 4.2.1 06.15.00 firmware unlocked & jailbroken was on att service .went to T-mobile prepaid with text and web package text and web works fine but I cant forward, recieve or sent picture messages is there a fix for this?

  16. #216
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    See the beginning of this thread.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to dryadsdad For This Useful Post:

    dragrace53 (12-12-2010)

  18. #217
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default help please
    will this work on 4.1 firmware. I am new to this stuff and could really use some help. Thanks

  19. #218
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Beats me about 4.1. Working on 4.2.1.

  20. #219
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I got everything working on my iphone 4 4.1 included FT + tethering
    http://blstreet.com - Your Online Outdoor Patio Furniture Shop

  21. #220
    What's Jailbreak? shrimphacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts