Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA MMS Fix for iOS4

Ive done this and everytime I reboot or turn my phone off I lose my settings. Please help. I'm jb on 4.0 and can't get my mms settings set. I've gotten it where I can send myself a message and others but I can not receive. Ugh.

Default iphone 3g 4.0.2 simple mobile mms fix
    Quote Originally Posted by ronr179 View Post
    Go into cydia and
    Add the source: http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ Install the MMS fix and reboot your iPhone.* You may need to enter your APN after the reboot. If so input this and reboot
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    hey does this work for iphone 3g 4.0.2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bnasty380 For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (09-26-2010)

Will this work for simple mobile?

I still have not seen a solution on how to add the apn server to the config file. I still have to add it back multiple times a day. I sure hope the problem will be resolved once a jailbreak for 3GS and 4.1 is available and I upgrade from 4.01

i've successfully jailbreak & unlock my iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 w/ the Pwnage Tool Bundle trick that i got from redmondpie/msft_guy. i tried the method from here that i've used both in iOS 4.0 & 4.0.1(in which it worked) and now it doesn't work in 4.1. after i've applied the edited .plist, it doesn't show up on cellular data network anymore but i could manually type them in, but that still doesn't work. i can't even send myself a MMS. anyone else on the same boat as me or should i downgrade?

Thanks for this guide it works!!
    3gs Running 4.0.1 and tmobile

thanks it work for me

Great fix!

I was able to help a friend get his MMS working finally!

3Gs 4.0.1 old bootrom

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGuy5 View Post
    Great fix!

I was able to help a friend get his MMS working finally!

3Gs 4.0.1 old bootrom
    T_mobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm running 4.1 JB and Unlocked
    Does this work on a 3G JB with Sn0wbreeze to 4.1?

Thanks

If you are trying to get your mms and pic,s to work it will..

iPhone 4 running 4.1 using tmobile I try almost everything please someone with something that works. My mms not working. I put the tmobile settings and reboot and nothing plus I reset network settings and nothing. Any idea?????

Quote Originally Posted by fernandorinto View Post
    No problem, i'm just glad that i manage to help

No problem , if any one have any general question, just post here I might be able to help
    Fernando I have a iPhone 4 with tmobile running 4.1 using greenpoison the only problem in facing is my mms won't work and I put the tmobile settings and nothing can you help me I try almost everything thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tips everyone. To my surprise, I just got my MMS sending AND receiving working full with very minimal effort.

Iphone 3G on iOS 4.1 -- 05.11.07
    Jailbroken & Unlocked (T-Mobile)
    T-Zones $5.99/mo. plan

I just upgraded to 4.1 from 3.1.2 yesterday using sn0wbreeze v2.0.1 and ultrasn0w in Cydia with no issues.

I started, as I always do, just by making sure my Edge still works by using Data APN: epc.tmobile.com

Without downloading anything, I figured I'd try and input the MMS settings just to see how far I'd get since I had the "The Media content was not included.....message size restiction" error even when I was on 3.1.2.

I first used:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Same issue: I can send MMS pics fine, but I just get that error when trying to receive them.

Then, with those settings still input, I went into Cydia and added the Lei Mobile source and downloaded the T-Mobile MMS fix. After the install completed, I rebooted as I was prompted to. When it booted back up, I went back into the settings to see all the same settings I had previously input. Tried it anyway: No dice, same error.

I simply went back into the settings and changed them to the ones below and rebooted:
    Data APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Upon reboot, I had a buddy send me a pic, received it no problem. Sent him one of mine and he had no problem. Great Success!!!

Thanks

I dont have this file in my preferences

inside the Preferences folder you'll need to find a file call "com.apple.mms_override.plist"

Just have stackshot plist, preferences plist and one that is grayed out called global preferences. Only 3 in this area.

Running 3G 4.1 sn0wbreeze JB

EDIT! I'm an idiot, wasn't far enough back to the real root. Found it replaced it, changed my CDN settings and able to send. Still waiting for a reply from the chick but jumping the gun betting it works. Thanks so much for the help.

Now I have an:
    iPhone 3G Jailbroken and unlocked on 4.1 with T-Mobile and EVERYTHING works
    Last edited by 40ozBulldog; 10-18-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Hi,

I have an unlocked iphone4 with 4.0.1 with t-mobile. I can't receive mms from other carriers except for t-mobile (can send & receieve from and to a t-mobile phone).

I don't understand the instruction on the 1st post. Why do we need to edit the .plist file if we can manually type-in the MMS info (update #1). Editing the .plist file is the same as typing-in the APN, MMSC, MMS proxy.....

Can someone please explain to me?

I just typed-in the MMS stuffs and MMS works only on t-mobile phones. I have friends sent me MMS from AT&T but I got the resolution & file size error. Did someone here has this works outside of t-mobile network? If you do, please post the instruction to make it works.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lo7100 View Post
    Hi,

I have an unlocked iphone4 with 4.0.1 with t-mobile. I can't receive mms from other carriers except for t-mobile (can send & receieve from and to a t-mobile phone).

I don't understand the instruction on the 1st post. Why do we need to edit the .plist file if we can manually type-in the MMS info (update #1). Editing the .plist file is the same as typing-in the APN, MMSC, MMS proxy.....

Can someone please explain to me?

I just typed-in the MMS stuffs and MMS works only on t-mobile phones. I have friends sent me MMS from AT&T but I got the resolution & file size error. Did someone here has this works outside of t-mobile network? If you do, please post the instruction to make it works.

Thanks in advance.

Changing the .plist file makes it work with other networks. I did the (update #1) your talking about first and had the same issue. Not sure exactly what fixes it when you replace the text but it works for every carrier now. So, just do what the orig. post says. If your worried about changing the text just save a copy and undo it if it screws you up, but it wont.

Thanks
    I can finally fix my MMS problem thanks to op.
    I have iPhone 4 with 4.1 FW/01.59.00 BB before I used this fix
    I just updated my carrier bundle and be able to use MMS but...
    every time my phone reboot I cannot send MMS any more, even
    all the configurations are still there. Then after I applied
    this fix, everything good to go. no more problem

Mine stopped working after I installed "Push Doctor". I was able to send pictures messages but I wasn't able to receive. All I had to do was replace the "com.apple.mms_override.plist" again with the modified one and it started working again.

I'm on tmobile on an iPhone 3G on 4.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i am having a hell of a time with this. i did everything like you said and its still not working.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast