+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS & tzones settings for 3gs 4.0?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
what are the setting i should put to have MMS and my Tzones internet plan working on my iPhone 3GS on 4.0?
    Thanks
    Default MMS & tzones settings for 3gs 4.0?
    what are the setting i should put to have MMS and my Tzones internet plan working on my iPhone 3GS on 4.0?
    i go to laker games alot so follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/its_Luis

adp
    Thanks

Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid TZones." Download the file and go to settings - general -reset - reset network settings
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

I thought bundles don't work at the moment for iOS4? I did it on GM Candidate and resetting network settings made nothing appear.

While on iOS 4 it totally disappears cellular data network.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    I thought bundles don't work at the moment for iOS4? I did it on GM Candidate and resetting network settings made nothing appear.

While on iOS 4 it totally disappears cellular data network.

yea i'm with him, i thought you couldnt install the bundles on 4.0?
    i go to laker games alot so follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/its_Luis

adp
    Thanks

Oh I missed the 4.0 part. Sorry. Then you'll just have to manually enter the settings.

# APN: wap.voicestream.com
    # MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    # MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    # MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    # MaxVideoBitrate: 131072
    # Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    # UAProf: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360boi View Post
    yea i'm with him, i thought you couldnt install the bundles on 4.0?
    You're both correct. The bundles currently in the Cydia repos are not functioning correctly for 4.0. The ultrasn0w 0.93 unlock was supposed to have bypassed IPCC sig checking, but it's not doing that at all. Spooky is working on some beta 4.0 IPCCs, but those are not working either. There's still an issue with this, and we just have to wait to get this working correctly. As a preliminary solution, I do happen to have the cellular data network fields, so I've entered in the settings manually. I still am not able to receive MMS on T-Mobile, but can send out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Oh I missed the 4.0 part. Sorry. Then you'll just have to manually enter the settings.

Thanks adp! Yep I did it manually awhile ago but I thought maybe new packages were up that I didn't know of and I feel better using a package than having to manually do it everytime I restore. (Which has already been a few times since I can't seem to get Push Fix 2.0 to work on iOS 4 althought it says it's compatible.)

Push Doctor would do the trick but the time I got lucky enough to get a cert, I tried using iPusher to verify it was working and it would just stay on "Waiting for notification" so I thought maybe something went wrong. Ah well these issues tend to happen frequently when a new firmware is released so I'll just wait it out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RaiV3R For This Useful Post:

n1c3jack3t (06-23-2010)

Thanks

Thanks adp! Yep I did it manually awhile ago but I thought maybe new packages were up that I didn't know of and I feel better using a package than having to manually do it everytime I restore. (Which has already been a few times since I can't seem to get Push Fix 2.0 to work on iOS 4 althought it says it's compatible.)

Push Doctor would do the trick but the time I got lucky enough to get a cert, I tried using iPusher to verify it was working and it would just stay on "Waiting for notification" so I thought maybe something went wrong. Ah well these issues tend to happen frequently when a new firmware is released so I'll just wait it out.
    Just a quick suggestion, to avoid all the Push Fix BS. Assuming you're in the US, just buy an ATT sim off of eBay. Every time I restore I pop in the ATT sim and leave the phone plugged into iTunes til the emergency call screen goes away. From there I go to cydia, install the unlock, switch out sims, and the phone is activated. This leaves the youtube, push, etc. certificates unique to your device. Unlocked on T-Mobile, 3GS, push works perfectly. Just thought I'd throw that in to skip the push doctor crap.

adp
    Thanks

Right, but not everyone has an AT&T sim lying around.

Thanks

Right, but not everyone has an AT&T sim lying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t
    just buy an ATT sim off of eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t
    Assuming you're in the US

I know. I'm not sure you read what I suggested. They're literally $4 shipped on eBay. I think it's worth it, but that's just me.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 06-23-2010 at 05:54 PM.

adp
    Thanks

Why spend money, wait for shipping when you can have a FREE and IMMEDIATE solution which works? And if it doesn't work on 4.0 yet give them a couple of days FFS it just came out 2 days ago.

Thanks

Why spend money, wait for shipping when you can have a FREE and IMMEDIATE solution which works? And if it doesn't work on 4.0 yet give them a couple of days FFS it just came out 2 days ago.
    Because I have a job?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This isn't working for my phone, i keep getting the "the media content was not included............"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 95bb2 View Post
    This isn't working for my phone, i keep getting the "the media content was not included............"
    It's a known issue at the moment. If you see the sticky thread at the very top by SpookyET, you'll see he's working on this fix. ultrasn0w is supposed to bypass APN and IPCC sig checking, but it's not doing so. So we're unable to receive MMS on T-Mobile. You can send out pics and vids with the manual settings, but reception will always yield that error. Just stay tuned and I'm sure a fix will be out very soon. Spooky isn't the only person working on this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very well thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Just a quick suggestion, to avoid all the Push Fix BS. Assuming you're in the US, just buy an ATT sim off of eBay. Every time I restore I pop in the ATT sim and leave the phone plugged into iTunes til the emergency call screen goes away. From there I go to cydia, install the unlock, switch out sims, and the phone is activated. This leaves the youtube, push, etc. certificates unique to your device. Unlocked on T-Mobile, 3GS, push works perfectly. Just thought I'd throw that in to skip the push doctor crap.
    Thanks for the tip, haha what's funny is I actually have over 5 AT&T SIMs, one being mine, one being my gf's old SIM, then the other three are from when I've bought my 2G, 3G, and 3GS. If anything I have WAY too many useless SIMs, 1 Movistar, 1 Telcel, 1 T-Mobile (Which I'm using) and those 5 AT&T ones.

Reason I always hacktivate is because I find it easier than having to pop in that SIM and wait. I can just go ahead and leave my T-Mobile SIM in there, load up Push Fix 2.0 and get a definite yes or no answer whether my Push works or not.

Really though, the only reason I keep doing that is because when I was new to the Push issue (about a year with the release of 3.0) I never really figured out exactly how to do the AT&T activation procedure and get my certs, and many people at the time were confused too, it wasn't until several months later that people started saying about popping the AT&T SIM in. When I did it I'd put my AT&T SIM in, go to iTunes to activate, then once the Activation was finished I'd pop in my T-Mobile SIM. But I think the one time I did it, I didn't get push and at that point in time I was still pretty new to the whole push ordeal. So I thought I'd rid myself of any headaches and just use Push Fix 2.0.

(Finally manged to get Push Fix 2.0 to fix my certs too btw, turns out since I hadn't put the T-Mobile APN settings correctly. Push Fix was getting jumbled up and saying I had no Cell access. All's good now though. )

Thanks

Thanks for the tip, haha what's funny is I actually have over 5 AT&T SIMs, one being mine, one being my gf's old SIM, then the other three are from when I've bought my 2G, 3G, and 3GS. If anything I have WAY too many useless SIMs, 1 Movistar, 1 Telcel, 1 T-Mobile (Which I'm using) and those 5 AT&T ones.

Reason I always hacktivate is because I find it easier than having to pop in that SIM and wait. I can just go ahead and leave my T-Mobile SIM in there, load up Push Fix 2.0 and get a definite yes or no answer whether my Push works or not.

Really though, the only reason I keep doing that is because when I was new to the Push issue (about a year with the release of 3.0) I never really figured out exactly how to do the AT&T activation procedure and get my certs, and many people at the time were confused too, it wasn't until several months later that people started saying about popping the AT&T SIM in. When I did it I'd put my AT&T SIM in, go to iTunes to activate, then once the Activation was finished I'd pop in my T-Mobile SIM. But I think the one time I did it, I didn't get push and at that point in time I was still pretty new to the whole push ordeal. So I thought I'd rid myself of any headaches and just use Push Fix 2.0.

(Finally manged to get Push Fix 2.0 to fix my certs too btw, turns out since I hadn't put the T-Mobile APN settings correctly. Push Fix was getting jumbled up and saying I had no Cell access. All's good now though. )
    Nice! I'm glad you got it working man. The only reason I'm opposed to it is because there was some other fix around the same time that was called Push Dr. or something to that effect. I actually paid for it, and what it did was assigned a single push cert to thousands of people. So you'd get random push from someone else's facebook, news apps, e-mail, etc. It was just bad news, and I've been activating with the ATT sim ever since I found out it corrects your certs. Purely anecdotal, nothing against Push Fix.

Green Apple
    Thanks

one quick question. the ATT sim card you bought off on Ebay is not activated yet, so how can u activate the phone with unactivated sim card? Don't we need an activated sim card?

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imlboy View Post
    one quick question. the ATT sim card you bought off on Ebay is not activated yet, so how can u activate the phone with unactivated sim card? Don't we need an activated sim card?
    It will work...it doesn't have to be an open line just an AT&T SIM Card

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Because I have a job?
    Oh you can afford $4? Wow I congratulate you my friend. Why don't you also get some guy off Craigslist to unlock your phone for $20? Or pay to enable tethering? There's always going to be paid solutions, but most people would agree that a simple 30 second download is better than a $4 sim card which would arrive in a couple of weeks. But good job, maybe you'll be able to buy another SIM card soon. Good luck.
    Last edited by adp; 06-24-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    so guys should i keep my os 4.0 i got a jailbroken iphone 3g with the firmware and its unlocked and everything and i can send out mms but cant receive cause that msg says its too big or whatever so should i wait for fixes? instead of restoring?