+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Get An iPhone On T-Mobile At The Regular Price

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is anyone knowledgeable of how to do this? My guess is that even if I go with a current AT&T customer that gets an iPhone for me in his name
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How To Get An iPhone On T-Mobile At The Regular Price
    Is anyone knowledgeable of how to do this?
    My guess is that even if I go with a current AT&T customer that gets an iPhone for me in his name without signing a contract, he still has to pay $599+, even though he's a customer with a current contract.
    So, my guess is that the only way to get the iPhone 4 for under that price is not legally, or by someone selling it online for under that price (which is rare).
    If anyone knows of another option, let me know. Thanks.

adp
    Thanks

Not anytime soon. Eventually they'll drop prices in Craigslist (but since this is a brand new model, it may take a year). Other than that, prices will stay high through 2011. You may get lucky and see one for $500 in Craigslist, but I highly doubt it'll go any lower than that. eBay also sells them but most bids end up being over-priced at the last minute.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Lol seeing one on Craigslist that ISN'T $650+ for a 16 GIG means that the new unlock has come out, Apple patched it, and some idiot upgraded to the point it isn't unlockable anymore until future notice.

Want an iPhone 4 without a contract? Expect to pay over $600 for it.

Oh but you know what you can do if you don't wanna pay over $800 on eBay cuz the damn people on there overprice those phones... get on AT&T's month-to-month with an iPhone 4 for $599 then pay that first month and stop afterwards to get back on T-Mo. Probably cost ya $650. Cheaper than buying online especially when the phone is newly released.

adp
    Thanks

Yea or you don't even have to get AT&T prepaid service. Just have someone you know get it for you

Thanks

Stop correcting me adp, it's embarrassing.

adp
    Thanks

Lol no just giving out options. It wouldn't hurt to try out their network given the terrible dropped call reputation they have

Thanks

There is this one place that I drive through, this one dead zone in the exact same place every day on the way to work that immediately cuts off my service. Call drops abruptly, i heart radio cuts off, bah T-Mobile!!! Other than that, AT&T fares better with the coverage, no? T-Mobile is a bit more spotty isnt it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Anniex422, That's all relative to where you live. Here in Denver, AT&T has laughable coverage. T-Mo on the other hand is great. There are three dead spots I know of in my travels. And ALOT more for AT&T.

Thanks

Good point. iPhones only have 3G speeds on AT&T, so thats quite a dilemma.

I suppose Ill check out the maps later for a comparison.

adp
    Thanks

Yea. If you see their map, All of South Florida (from the keys to past West Palm Beach) has spot-less 3G coverage. Dropped calls are still an issue though. Oh well. I already pre-ordered, got my confirmation e-mail, and will become an AT&T customer next Thursday. Sold my 3G too, and I can't wait to dump this Nokia lol

Thanks

I talked to a Best Buy Rep and he informed me that i could buy an iphone4 at FULL (unsub) price no contract. Walk-in cash down walk out with a new iphone4......only 2 problems.....its locked to at&t (until the dev team unlocks it lol) and prob number 2 is the phone is freaking SOLD out lol

adp
    Thanks

Yea good luck getting a new one at this point. I got my pre-order early yesterday

I thought you needed to have a line with AT&T though (just not re-sign a contract, but an active line)...you might wanna double check on that.
    Last edited by adp; 06-16-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^ i thought so too. Dont all authorized sellers including Apple in the US still require to be an existing customer with AT&T or sign up with either a new plan or prepaid plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wrong. You can go to an Apple store and purchase an iPhone at the no commitment price without already having or signing up for any contract. Did it every year since the original iPhone.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    Wrong. You can go to an Apple store and purchase an iPhone at the no commitment price without already having or signing up for any contract. Did it every year since the original iPhone.

You don't need to sign for a contract, we never said that. You just need an existing line with AT&T. And your statement is wrong because they only started doing that in Mid 2009.

the contract-free price will only be available to existing AT&T customers
    AT&T "No Commitment" iPhone Pricing: No Bargain - PCWorld

The same rules apply with the iPhone 4.

The iPhone purchased at AT&T's no-contract or no-commitment price does not require a two year contract and is set up on a post-paid/monthly billed basis for the line/number with AT&T, which is on a month to month basis. It requires having a minimal calling plan and a data plan for the line/number billed on a monthly basis as with a two year contract and service can be cancelled at any time without an early contract termination fee, but you will be billed the activation fee and for one month's service at a minimum for each iPhone.
    Apple - Support - Discussions - How does No-Commitment iPhone 4 ...

Easy fix? Have someone that you know from AT&T buy it. But again, your statement quoted above is wrong.

Thanks

This guy has been going around slapping "wrong" on my posts. Could be a little more polite, dont you think? There are no contract iphones to purchase for retail, but who said you dont have to be with AT&T already or sign up for month-to-month service?

adp
    Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

eserfeliz (06-18-2010)

Thanks

I'm gonna go into an Apple store over the next week and see what they say. I'm gonna ask them about the iPhone 4 and not signing up with AT&T and see if they say they can give it to me. Or I'll just call, lol the closest Apple store is 45 minutes away from me lol.

adp
    Thanks

Wow. Lol I've got like 3 Apple stores within 10 miles...and there's an AT&T store every block it seems.

Thanks

The closest official Apple store is in Cincinnati so 45 minutes. Then I have like 20 AT&T stores within a 5 mile radius of me lol.