+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Get An iPhone On T-Mobile At The Regular Price

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'd call them first. Look at their website's statement: # Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract? No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract. iPhone 3GS
    adp
    Thanks

I'd call them first. Look at their website's statement:

#
    Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract?

No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract.
    iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4 - Apple Store (U.S.)

They advertised that you could buy it with no commitment, but I'm not sure why their website contradicts that
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How am I wrong? I've purchased every version of the iPhone (2G,3G and 3GS) at an Apple retail store and did it without having an existing contract or signing up for a new one. I still have my receipt from my 3GS clearly showing I walked out with a new iPhone for $699 + tax and without any contract. Like I've already said in another thread, the online sites that sell the iPhone have always said that you need a contract (existing or new) to buy an iPhone. However, going to an Apple retail store I've always been able to purchase a new one WITHOUT contract at the no-commitment pricing.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well AT&T and Apple are liars then. K, Im gonna go when the 4 is released and go to an Apple store, Best Buy, and Radioshack and try to get an iPhone without a contract for AT&T and I am not an AT&T customer either so lets see how that works out for me. I dont plan on getting the prepaid plan either. Ill report back in a week or two to give my results!

I planned to buy my phone full retail online, but if what youre saying works for EVERYONE ANYWHERE, then I would love to get my hands on one directly from an authorized seller.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 06-17-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

adp
    Thanks

They started doing this with the 3G last year. Do a Google search. It was even reported here last year. It's common knowledge and stated in the Apple website.

Thanks

Dude wait, so even if Im not with AT&T and dont plan on it for now, they'll give me an iPhone 4 for $599 with no need for contract or signing up new?

Apple kept saying that buying for full retail, youd have to be an existing customer or sign up for at least the month-to-month service.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 06-17-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I never said it will work anywhere. Only at Apple retail stores. Last year I waited for the unlock to be announced for the 3GS and purchased mine 10 days after the launch date. Also, good luck getting an iPhone 4 on launch day without having one reserved. Might have to camp out for a few days. Personally, I'm contemplating waiting for Canadian released of iPhone 4 that's factory unlocked rather than purchasing a locked one from US. To each his own.

Thanks

I meant anywhere in the US. The plan was to go to the Apple store.

I also didnt say im going on launch day. I need more time to save money

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can't wait to see who's right haha.

Thanks

ya they would be super expensive
    expect iphones being cheaper when a new one comes out
    like the 3gs

Green Apple
    Thanks

I buy my iPhones at the subsidized price with no contract.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    I buy my iPhones at the subsidized price with no contract.
    How do you do that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I just want the iPhone on the 24th (pre-ordered), I'll probably just cancel after 30 days and pay the ETF. Seems like the quickest way for me. Thing is, what do I say when they ask why I'm canceling it? I don't want to just say that I'm going to jailbreak and unlock it so I can use it on T-Mobile...haha

Any suggestions?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Me, if I choose to do it that way as well, I'm just gunna tell them I'm not happy with their service and or coverage and end it that way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

CaliforniaKing (06-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    Me, if I choose to do it that way as well, I'm just gunna tell them I'm not happy with their service and or coverage and end it that way.
    Yeah, I might do that as well. I wonder if they can look up the number of dropped calls and stuff like that? Might be a little suspicious, if they see no dropped calls..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think they will give me a hard time. I dunno I've been with tmo myself since 2003, most time I'm always at full bars but there at a few key places I get nothing. I think I'm gunna give AT&T a try and see how they are. Although I don't know if they will be better enough to justify spending about 45.00 extra a month for service.

adp
    Thanks

Lol you're acting like you're trying to get out of a military contract. Don't worry so much, they may ask you why but they won't give you a hard time. They're not gonna investigate your account and force you to stay if they prove otherwise. They don't have any rights in forcing you to stay

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

CaliforniaKing (06-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Lol you're acting like you're trying to get out of a military contract. Don't worry so much, they may ask you why but they won't give you a hard time. They're not gonna investigate your account and force you to stay if they prove otherwise. They don't have any rights in forcing you to stay
    haha, yeah, I think you're right...

iPhone? More like MyPhone starkall's Avatar
    Thanks

i live in an area that is considered outside thier coverage and they wont let me get att here, but i have friends that live 60 miles away where there is coverage. They dont let people get att where i live because they use partner towers and it cost att more money. so i start a new contract and use my buddies address, then after 30 days i call and cancel my contract and say i have moved to where i live now and that the coverage sucks, so they then ask me to prove with a bill at my current address then they wave the ETF fees, I have done this with the iphone 3g and the 3gs many times, cant wait for the iphone 4 haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    How do you do that?
    I have the PDA Personal plan. During the online ordering process, I de-select the voice plan. Then the portal just assumes that I have a voice plan, or thinks that the SMTPERSONAL rate is a voice plan and lets me continue on with the process. During the activation, it has no voice plan to switch me over to, so it just activates and I go on my way. Subsidized price, no contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    I have the PDA Personal plan. During the online ordering process, I de-select the voice plan. Then the portal just assumes that I have a voice plan, or thinks that the SMTPERSONAL rate is a voice plan and lets me continue on with the process. During the activation, it has no voice plan to switch me over to, so it just activates and I go on my way. Subsidized price, no contract.
    Wow. But the real question is can you buy one for me?